Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB removing Loyalty Current Account

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

gonna dig up this old thread...

checked the t&c's for the regular currents4 account, and they say:
    A quarterly fee for maintaining the Account of €18.00 applies

and
    You may be exempt from paying the fee for maintaining the
    Account by maintaining a daily cleared credit balance of
    €2,500 throughout the charging quarter

so i think i'll skip the explore account as i'm usually always above that amount anyway!? if i happen to fall below that, so be it, i'll potentially pay 18 euros a quarter.. with the explore account its a guaranteed 48 euro per year (4 per months?) minus that cashback stuff.... hmhmh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

From August the maintenance fee for explore account goes up to 6 euro per month. Maximum cashback on transaction is 5 euro per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

wonski wrote: »
    From August the maintenance fee for explore account goes up to 6 euro per month. Maximum cashback on transaction is 5 euro per month.

Clearly they found out, that the changes went backwards for them :)

/M

wonski wrote: »

ok so you'd be at 12 per year of you manage to get those 5 euro per months every month (6*12-5*12)... which i dont think i'll ever reach.

i dont know, to me the regular currents account looks like the more attractive option right now

2.5k is better spent elsewhere than sitting idle in the current account.

Even at 1% return it would make 20 euro a year after dirt, so what's the point?

I rather keep my current account balance low and use contactless to get 4-5 euro back every month.

And the bank will happily loan your 2.5k to another customer at 16%, so there is an element of me not letting them off too easily ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Sarn

While I would normally agree with the above, it comes down to how you use your card. I might have ten contactless transactions a month so the explore doesn’t work for me. You’d also be lucky to get 0.2% on your €2.5k, most places only give 0.01-0.02%, and that’s before DIRT.

Sarn wrote: »
    While I would normally agree with the above, it comes down to how you use your card. I might have ten contactless transactions a month so the explore doesn’t work for me. You’d also be lucky to get 0.2% on your €2.5k, most places only give 0.01-0.02%, and that’s before DIRT.

You can easily open an account paying more than 1%.

I have regular saver with permanent tsb paying 0.9%, and that's poor rate.

That's 22.50- dirt =18... Not far off my calculations.

But agreed not everyone use card that often.

Not 100% sure, but I think direct debits and withdrawals count for cashback, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

IMG-8211.jpg

LMAO

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    IMG-8211.jpg

LMAO

what are we supposed to look at :O the image is only of the top right corner of a letter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Customer Resolution Centre. Well I thought it was funny because their call centre is a joke and they dont resolve anything.

Horrible people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭mondeo

I scrapped all my PTSB accounts because of the €6 maintenance. Feck off PTSB with your €6 a month.... I have all EBS accounts now since June, no problems, no stupid monthly maintenance fees anymore..

Advertisement