Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Cherrywood

Options
  • 25-01-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm about to start a job in Cherrywood Business Park next week and Im coming from West Dublin so realistically the only option I have is to get there by car...

Anyone know what the story is with parking there?

The employer hasn't been terribly helpful saying that "everyone just gets the luas!" and parking isnt an option.

The issue is its a contract role so I have looked at buying a spot nearby but its for the year. Are there any cost effective or free options around there? Will have a little person starting in creche the same week in the park itself so cant be a million miles away either. The job is near the Dell HQ but they don't offer parking. Will be taking a trip out there the weekend but cant see anything online...

Any help would be hugely appreciated!?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

There is onstreet parking that costs €3 for a full day (get the payzone parking tag, and use park DM 1 day, the txt might cost extra depending on your mobile provider). The problem though is that it's usually full by about 8:30 (haven't been there in a while, so could be worse now). So the other option is to go to the Carrickmines P&R - pay for parking there (not sure of that cost) and pay for the luas.

There are car parks for most of the companies there though - but if your employer is not offering, then they probably don't have any spaces left. (For an out of town busienss park, it's kind of crazy that they haven't provided enough spaces)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BMurf101

Cheers rulmeq.

Assuming that's the case re them being full. Worked out the cost for Carrickmines P&R and it will be huge for the year so might be cheapest/ handiest to buy a spot on park pnp or similar....

The issue is I don't know how long I will be there! Prior to having the little guy I'd be happy to arrive at whatever time for a spot but not an option now. Thanks again for advice.

BMurf101 wrote: »
    The issue is I don't know how long I will be there! Prior to having the little guy I'd be happy to arrive at whatever time for a spot but not an option now. Thanks again for advice.

You could try and park over in the Tullyvale estate (I've never done this, and don't know if they are hostile to it, or even if it's free), if you were stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Rulmeq wrote: »
    You could try and park over in the Tullyvale estate (I've never done this, and don't know if they are hostile to it, or even if it's free), if you were stuck.

It's text and pay in Tullyvale. Not sure if there is a limit on how many days in a week you can park there though. I know people who have text and pay parking in their complexes close to other luas stops and there is a maximum number of days you can park there within a week, even if you pay, you will get clamped. It's to stop people parking and using the lluas everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Probably better off in the cul de sac down by the tyre place on the N11.

• Advertisement

There’s a staff car park up past the Luas stop that uses number plate recognition. It replaced the one that is now being built on.

I’m not sure if all companies can use it though.

Aegir wrote: »
    There’s a staff car park up past the Luas stop that uses number plate recognition. It replaced the one that is now being built on.

I’m not sure if all companies can use it though.

That one is for Dell, and I notice they have a shuttle bus as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,610 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There are car parks for most of the companies there though - but if your employer is not offering, then they probably don't have any spaces left. (For an out of town busienss park, it's kind of crazy that they haven't provided enough spaces)

This is all down to DLRCC, basically, live on the LUAS line or spend your life on a bus, the companies would love to (and have the money) to build a multi-story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

astrofool wrote: »
    This is all down to DLRCC, basically, live on the LUAS line or spend your life on a bus, the companies would love to (and have the money) to build a multi-story.

Are you suggesting that the local authority should encourage more traffic onto the M50!?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's text and pay in Tullyvale. Not sure if there is a limit on how many days in a week you can park there though. I know people who have text and pay parking in their complexes close to other luas stops and there is a maximum number of days you can park there within a week, even if you pay, you will get clamped. It's to stop people parking and using the lluas everyday

DLR co. co. does not clamp. If you are parked on a public road i.e. a road or street which is not controlled by a management company and policed by NCPS or Apcoa, a ticket is the worst that can happen to you. Where the council wants to discourage all day parking, the street will have a limit of three hours parking.

I have never heard of a maximum number of days in the week e.g. you can park Mon-Wed but then you can't park there again until the following Monday.

If you're going to register for parkingtag, install the app. If you pay by SMS, I believe they automatically send you a reminder when your time is about to expire, at a cost of 30c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,610 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

markpb wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that the local authority should encourage more traffic onto the M50!?

Are you suggesting that there are public transport options that follow the M50!!??

Sandyford is an out of town business park with one public transport option surrounded by affluent residential estates, right now everybody is parking in the residential estates or in fields that have been designated as parking in the area due to lack of proper facilities.

That one is for Dell, and I notice they have a shuttle bus as well.

Is it? That’s a waste because it is huge and only about one third used.

Aegir wrote: »
    Is it? That’s a waste because it is huge and only about one third used.

Yeah, it's a direct replacement for the one that was across from the Spar. I think they are building a lot of rental properties on that (a new town centre of some sort), so that "temp" car park could become permanent for them. There's a car park under the site that would have been Bank of Scotland's site, but that's going to be apartments as well, so probably just for those residents. There's a number of underground car parks for the other businesses as well - one under the old Covidian building that's shared by a number of businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

astrofool wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that there are public transport options that follow the M50!!??

Sandyford is an out of town business park with one public transport option surrounded by affluent residential estates, right now everybody is parking in the residential estates or in fields that have been designated as parking in the area due to lack of proper facilities.

So, faced with two opportunities, you'd prefer to complain about the lack of parking knowing that the M50 is already a car park instead of complaining about the lack of public transport? I wonder why our traffic is as bad as it is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

join ben dunne, 20 quid a month.
    Just move your car every couple of hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

join ben dunne, 20 quid a month.
    Just move your car every couple of hours..

you'd stay fit walking from the office to Ben Dunne's car park and back a few times a day, win win.

Advertisement