Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd party modem/router that works with Efibre instead of the F2000?

• 25-01-2019 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi All, Can anyone tell me what other modem/routers are out there that will work with Eir? I have heard the F2000 has alot of issues and I need reliable wifi and internet for work. I ask eir customer support and they said they can't help and could only recommend the F2000.

Went into curries and they have a good selection but the guy said i'd need to tell him what exact type and specs it needs to be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

jubi lee wrote: »
    Hi All, Can anyone tell me what other modem/routers are out there that will work with Eir? I have heard the F2000 has alot of issues and I need reliable wifi and internet for work. I ask eir customer support and they said they can't help and could only recommend the F2000.

Went into curries and they have a good selection but the guy said i'd need to tell him what exact type and specs it needs to be.
    Hi jubi lee, 

The only device that eir can recommend is the F200 router as this is supported on our network. 

We would be unable to advise of any alternative devices as they are not supported on the eir network. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 9 atlyginimas

Just yesterday replaced eir F2000 modem with NETGEAR DM200 modem. Flawless. All my network (smart home and ect) in attic including modem. That’s cause poor WiFi in ground floor.
    So, WiFi access point on stairs ceiling, NETGEAR modem and switch in attic. Reason replace eir modem not coverage issues, but lack of routing and static IP LAN address (only 10) settings.
    No matter what modem in attic in kitchen poor WiFi or need high powered WiFi transmission.
    Anyway trick is that I’m copying eir modem isp settings and type in to NETGEAR and NETGEAR not working, trying 10 times various things.
    Trick is you need ( your ANY make modem with VDSL support ) change MAC address with eir modem MAC address.

Advertisement