Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

100 x D.E razor blades for 7.99£ plus delivery

• 25-01-2019 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭

I only shave with double edge razor's these days, since switching to them about 5 years ago.

Ran out last week, and after leaving both boots and Tesco empty handed, decided to search Amazon for them.

I got 100 blades, plus a free shaving soap stick (which tbh, I wasn't personally pushed on) for 7.99stg.

Now, they won't ship directly to Ireland, so you'll need to use one of the forwarding companies too.

Even so, this will still work out at roughly €13.

I got the blades last week, they come in a long rectangular shape box with 20 X 5 packs in it. The blades give a nice clean smooth shave, and for 13€, I reckon I'm pretty much covered for razor blade's for upwards 18months.

Link here.

Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades and Free Arko Shaving Cream Soap Stick https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0076126L2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GzUsCb0S7Q0FM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

For thick people like me.... What do these fit in to? Any particular brand or what's best to put these blades in to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I only shave with double edge razor's these days, since switching to them about 5 years ago.

Ran out last week, and after leaving both boots and Tesco empty handed, decided to church Amazon for them.

I got 100 blades, plus a free shaving soap stick (which tbh, I wasn't personally pushed on) for 7.99stg.

Now, they won't ship directly to Ireland, so you'll need to use one of the forwarding companies too.

Even so, this will still work out at roughly €13.

I got the blades last week, they come in a long rectangular shape box with 20 X 5 packs in it. The blades give s nice clean smooth shave, and for 13€, I reckon I'm pretty much covered for razor's for upwards 18months.

Link here.

Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades and Free Arko Shaving Cream Soap Stick https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0076126L2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GzUsCb0S7Q0FM

Not mad on the Derby's. Check out ebay for some of the Russian blades - Voshkod, Rapira etc. less than a tenner delivered.

My current favourite are Dorco Platinum ST301. Sainsburys sell them as their own brand in the UK and it was the only place I could get blades in the sticks. Very smooth comfortable shave, so I bought 100 - €11 delivered from https://www.themodernman.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are these single use blade?
    How do you dispose of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Scarlet42

I use the Derbys .. they are great .. only a few cuts!! I just got a 100 pack recently from www.shaving.ie .. 12.45 ... but no free shaving cream .. checked my emails and the last time i ordered before that was 2011, so great value!!

I also use https://www.defactoshave.com/ .. it used to be called Total Shaving Solution .. together with the Derbys it gives an amazing shave .. and no need for messy shaving cream/ gel / foam, its also an irish company in Castlebar, which is a plus!

Sean

Carroller wrote: »
    For thick people like me.... What do these fit in to? Any particular brand or what's best to put these blades in to

This is a good DE razor to start: https://www.themodernman.co.uk/eu/edwin-jagger-octagonal-chrome-double-edge-razor.html

I also recommend the Futur clones from China (if you get one without alignment issues)

If you are a DE virgin then this guy has a very simple series of how to videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5euWQtQNAKmUtZlI2dhvuYP4iEDkAOq4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Carroller wrote: »

These fit into any of the older style razor's with the screw type handle. Some of which are linked to on Amazon from the blades link.

Stimpson, thanks for the heads up, I've only shaved a few times since receiving these, but so far I'm impressed.

On a side note, do you use the same blade more than once?

I get a few shaves from a blade myself, but not quite sure what is the proper etiquette surrounding d.e blades, i just suit myself in that regards. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You'll get 100 Derbys on shaving.ie for €9.95+2.50 p&p

And you'll have them in a day without fluting around with forwarders

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Are these single use blade?
    How do you dispose of them?

As above, I get a few shaves out of each blade, but trust me, when they're blunt, you'll know:D.

As for disposal, I wrap mine in toilet roll and dispose of them in the rubbish bin.

Don't think flushing them would be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Scarlet42

you can slide the used blades into the bottom of the white case they come in .. nice and safe!

These fit into any of the older style razor's with the screw type handle. Some of which are linked to on Amazon from the blades link.

Stimpson, thanks for the heads up, I've only shaved a few times since receiving these, but so far I'm impressed.

On a side note, do you use the same blade more than once?

I get a few shaves from a blade myself, but not quite sure what is the proper etiquette surrounding d.e blades, i just suit myself in that regards. :D

It all depends on your beard. Some people get a dozen or more shaves from a blade. I have quite a coarse beard, so I do 3 shaves and I'm done. I usually find the 4th shave is rough, although it can depend on the blade. At 10c a blade it's not really worthwhile trying to get the max number of shaves.

• Advertisement

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    you can slide the used blades into the bottom of the white case they come in .. nice and safe!

Not all cases have that. Russian blades come in a cardboard box. I have a large pill bottle with a slit cut in the top and DANGER written in big red letters! Ideally they should be disposed of as Biohazard waste. A hospital or P surgery will probably take them off you if you get a proper sharps bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

stimpson wrote: »
    Not mad on the Derby's. Check out ebay for some of the Russian blades - Voshkod, Rapira etc. less than a tenner delivered.

My current favourite are Dorco Platinum ST301. Sainsburys sell them as their own brand in the UK and it was the only place I could get blades in the sticks. Very smooth comfortable shave, so I bought 100 - €11 delivered from https://www.themodernman.co.uk

Voschod and rapira are brilliant. Derby are crap blades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Thumbs down from me too on the Derby blades, find them a very poor shave compared to other brands on the market, each to their own I guess, but I have a couple of packets at home, used them once and found them brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone ordered any of these Russian blades or have any Ebay recs from recent purchases? I'm out of blades for ages and using the Aldi razor I take on holidays (which is a pretty good shave I must say, especially for €3).

You used to be able to get great sample packs on Ebay full of different brands for a tenner but haven't seen them in a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Shaving.ie sell those Russian blades, how do they compare to Feather, which I find good

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

stimpson wrote:
    My current favourite are Dorco Platinum ST301. Sainsburys sell them as their own brand in the UK and it was the only place I could get blades in the sticks. Very smooth comfortable shave, so I bought 100 - €11 delivered from

That seems a great price for the
    Dorcos. Have never used them but read good things about them. How do you think they compare to other DE blades?

Rapira super stainless are almost as sharp as feathers, but a bit smoother. The forces are very smooth. I find I can get a very close shave with zero irritation.

I’d be happy to send samples for the cost of a stamp if anyone wants to try the Russian blades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I've tried several blade types and the last few years have been sticking to feathers. In my experience they simply cannot be beaten.

https://www.shaving.ie/products/feather-hi-stainless-platinum-razor-blades.html

They are a bit more expensive but well worth it.

I tend to buy in bulk on eBay, generally about 22 euro for 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

@Sean
    Thank you, I thought total shaving solution was gone and was trying other crap.
    Defacto ordered.

Advertisement