Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA for multiple entries query

• 25-01-2019 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was in NY this time last year and had my ESTA to get over.

So i was about to reapply when i spotted that it is valid for 2 years. That said, i am staying somewhere different this time when over.

How do i amend it so that i can display the different address when over? Anyone ever done all this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I think you can edit it online, but in reality nobody is going to question you on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Have used my ESTA probably 12 times in the past 18 month, had no idea there was an address on it tbh.. Once it's valid you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

If you have a valid esta it’s valid for multiple trips. You give your details of staying to the airline and then immigration... it’s not an issue just go..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Address of where you are staying is not even required for initial application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

You don't need to update your ESTA details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Thanks all

Was just wondering though.... The big dude that asks you at immigration at Dublin Airport does ask where your staying while over. Last time i mentioned wrong street and he gave out to me. Still let me past anyway but if im not editing my location this time, would it cause issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Thanks all

Was just wondering though.... The big dude that asks you at immigration at Dublin Airport does ask where your staying while over. Last time i mentioned wrong street and he gave out to me. Still let me past anyway but if im not editing my location this time, would it cause issues

You will already have submitted your API which is linked to your ESTA so again, no, you do not need to update it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Thanks all

They'll still ask but just have proof of where you're staying (hotel confirm or relatives place). I've been over & back to the US a bit on the one ESTA and never had a problem with the address part. I always have all my documents ready to go at the pre-clearance (or immigration) and if they ask me the address, I'll know the name of the hotel but might not know the full address off so I just say that. Actually come to think of it the only time they questioned me a bit further was when I did know the address fully off as it was my aunt's & I knew it anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

So i just looked up my application online and it says "expired"

Flying next month.

It may be because i have since put an application in and saved it (before i started this thread) but never paid anything. How do i find out if its ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

So i just looked up my application online and it says "expired"

Flying next month.

It may be because i have since put an application in and saved it (before i started this thread) but never paid anything. How do i find out if its ok?

If it says expired then you need to fill out and pay for a new one. The application only remains live for a certain period without payment. Unless you have a different reference number you can search under. Most will be cleared within 72 hours so you still have time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement