Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Testing site not is not loading showing up in code for me

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Testing site not is not loading showing up in code for me

ya site was down briefly, as was Daft. both are hosted by cloudfare so must have been a problem on their side.

damowill wrote: »
    ya site was down briefly, as was Daft. both are hosted by cloudfare so must have been a problem on their side.

Ya was showing 504 code cloudfare

Them presses & cabinets u get from Lidl/Aldi are Mdf aren't they ??. U have to go to the dump with them don't you.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Them presses & cabinets u get from Lidl/Aldi are Mdf aren't they ??. U have to go to the dump with them don't you.?

That's correct. They don't accept MDF in Mungret Recycling Centre. You have to go Gortadroma landfill. Willie Fitzgerald in Rathbane might take them, not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

2 or 3 bouncers outside Maggie Chop's at 5PM, story there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'm guessing but town could be very busy tonight and emotions could be high with the young boxer's funeral.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Very strict there only want a certain crowd at the weekends and a lot of dodgy heads chancing it with the hot weather for the rooftop bar
    Don’t want people over 40 there or mixed groups

bigpink wrote: »
    Very strict there only want a certain crowd at the weekends and a lot of dodgy heads chancing it with the hot weather for the rooftop bar
    Don’t want people over 40 there or mixed groups
    Good lord.

Good lord.

True tho I know a family group that got stopped after a meal.Read online reviews
    It’s the same company behind Icon there security don’t have a good reputation in the city
    The few times i was there security were fine just not very manerly

• Advertisement

True tho I know a family group that got stopped after a meal.Read online reviews
    It’s the same company behind Icon there security don’t have a good reputation in the city
    The few times i was there security were fine just not very manerly
    13 one star reviews on Tripadvisor for Maggie Choo's and 12 of them complaining about security, colour me shocked.
    There's a whiff of wankery off the place anyway.

13 one star reviews on Tripadvisor for Maggie Choo's and 12 of them complaining about security, colour me shocked.
    There's a whiff of wankery off the place anyway.
    They are Ageist twats sure.& will never change if they say they take complaints seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ah lads....i dunno what a Maggie choos is

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dashoonage wrote: »
    Ah lads....i dunno what a Maggie choos is

It's the new bar in the Brazen Head, or Ted's, or whatever you call it yourself. Same owners as 101 next door. Since it opened up again that whole unit has always been a place for posers, so nobody can complain really. Every city needs a place like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Stupid bar staff in the Sports Bar in UL won't blow his bloody nose. Sniffling away the whole time.

Actually how does 101 get away with allowing smoking in the garden parts?Theres a bar serving so that is a workplace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Actually how does 101 get away with allowing smoking in the garden parts?Theres a bar serving so that is a workplace

Is it not outdoor? Not as bad as Cobblestone Joes a few years ago.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Is it not outdoor? Not as bad as Cobblestone Joes a few years ago.

I know the top bar they open the roof in very fine weather but not all the time
    Bottom bar has a roof with vents but still very smoky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As a smoker I find it odd that you can smoke there. 2 weekends ago I went out the front because at least it's outside and was told to get back inside and smoke in the other area. Feels weird smoking there as, as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't feel like you're outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

sioda wrote:
    Local paper can't even spell Limerick correct 🀔

Houston times no good ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I see the Spanish students are back in town.

I was coming up by the lights in Sarsfield St this evening and was stopped outside Debenhams as the lights were red. Close on forty of them were cycling through from O' Connell St. Fine, but when our lights went green one of the teachers/leaders whatever you want to call him (I certainly thought of a few choice words) got off his bike, held up his hand to traffic (where I was) and beckoned all the students through.
    People were blasting their horn and shouting, but he didn't bother to move. I thought the poor driver on the 304 was going to get out and stick his bicycle somewhere painful and it would have been hard to blame him.

So I was heading towards the Crescent and had them in front of me and a load of other cars the whole way. They stopped at the lights in Ballinacurra (presumably they stopped because there was a squad car there and their leader couldn't do his own impression of a traffic cop this time) but they deliberately blocked the entrance to the Peony Court and refused to move and let any cars in or out, cue more beeping and p***ed off motorists.

They were in front of me out as far as the Crescent where thankfully I was turning left and they were continuing straight on towards the hospital.
    God help any emergency ambulance that might have been trying to get in or out!

I find walking straight through them and shouldering as you go works wonders. And I'm not joking before any body asks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I find walking straight through them and shouldering as you go works wonders. And I'm not joking before any body asks.

Ah but you are James Bond :D

Seriously though, I completely understand what you mean. They're just so bloody rude :mad:

Ah but you are James Bond :D

Seriously though, I completely understand what you mean. They're just so bloody rude :mad:

Ms. Moneypenny gave a group of them an earful during the week for blocking the path and an elderly woman tryinh to get by. They were just oblivious!

Anyone else have problems logging into my Eir ?? Constant loop loading a/c details.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Tried it there on my mobile and it's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Tried mine and it wouldn't log me in.

Tried mine and it wouldn't log me in.

Tried the website & it's constant loop or if it does log in it doesn't load details properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Tried the website & it's constant loop or if it does log in it doesn't load details properly.

Have only tried the app but just keep getting a something's wrong, we're having technical issues show up after a few mins of trying to log in.

Advertisement