Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

kilburn wrote:
    I heard the dude who used to sell the poetry at the lights St Marys Church died lately

kilburn wrote:
    Another of Limericks unique characters gone

Sad alright. He was an alcoholic, clearly, who seemed to have a hobo type of lifestyle. Appeared to be quite young.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Why is there ALWAYS one know all in every evening course?!

and usually that person usually gets the worse results as they don't listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Sorry, didn't mean to be so nosy. I did a course a few years ago and it wasn't hectic, just wondering what offerings were available these days.

No need to apologise at all :)

Are you looking to do anything in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Where can I get a couple of A4 sheets laminated in the city centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

No need to apologise at all :)

Are you looking to do anything in particular?

Not as such, just curious.

Do you know any teachers? They always have laminators. If not, Condell Office Centre on Roches St. would probably be able to do it for you.

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    I heard the dude who used to sell the poetry at the lights St Marys Church died lately

Another of Limericks unique characters gone

Same man who I used to see hitching out the Tipp road wearing a hi-viz? He came up in conversation last night. If its the same guy, I only spotted him outside Supermacs on the Ballysimon Rd just after Christmas. A colleague gave him a lift once. He was a gentleman by all accounts. Great for a chat and full of stories. A real "don't judge a book by its cover" type. May he rest in peace.

itslimerick.ie just posted a tribute to the man. Well known and well respected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

Docucentre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Moviedrome

Anybody notice the amount of hen/stag parties that seem to be hitting Limerick recently? Don't know if that is good thing or not..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Anybody notice the amount of hen/stag parties that seem to be hitting Limerick recently? Don't know if that is good thing or not..

Saw a gang of them in town today all dressed like Mrs Doyle lookalikes. Not sure what that was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Saw a gang of them in town today all dressed like Mrs Doyle lookalikes. Not sure what that was about.

I had the misfortune of having them approach me on the street looking for pub tips. My god they were annoying!

One of the 3 gangs I saw. Sure look they may spend money and spread the message that limerick is pure daycent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Supermacs Ennis Road and the arcade could do with a serious facelift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Supermacs Ennis Road and the arcade could do with a serious facelift

Definitely! It hasn’t changed in years. The supermacs looks like it did when I was out there in 1999 for supermacs 21st birthday celebrations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't suppose anyone knows of any table quizzes around the place this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

keane2097 wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone knows of any table quizzes around the place this week?

There’s one on Friday at 8.30 in Pat Collin’s pub in Adare. Money being raised for Scoil Naomh Iosaf.

What's the craic with the work going on in that green area across from the new apartments beside Colbert Station?

What's the craic with the work going on in that green area across from the new apartments beside Colbert Station?

The council is building a public car park on the section nearest the Hyde Road.

• Advertisement

chicorytip wrote: »
    The council is building a public car park on the section nearest the Hyde Road.
    Fair enough, I'd say something if it was a nice green but it was just a load of grass so fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

So the mayor and Bus Éireann got together to see if they could come up with a solution to the lack of usable public transport in the city, and decided to just blame UL instead..

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2019/02/07/call-for-bus-lane-on-ul-campus/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

mdmix wrote: »
    So the mayor and Bus reann got together to see if they could come up with a solution to the lack of usable public transport in the city, and decided to just blame UL instead..

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2019/02/07/call-for-bus-lane-on-ul-campus/

Where would they put this lane ffs renaming the canal bank to university way how bout better policing of it and make it safer. Where do they come up with this crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

sioda wrote: »
    Where would they put this lane ffs renaming the canal bank to university way how bout better policing of it and make it safer. Where do they come up with this crap
    i know sure they already removed half the place putting in a better cycle lane just remove all the tress altogether then u be grand :D:D:D:D:D:D:D feck the lam posts as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

While I think they could do with a bus lane on the campus, they would need one from the campus to the dublin road too.

My thoughts on it are having two or three bus loops, you'd have a Raheen - City Centre (Debenhams) - Raheen, and UL - City Cenre (William St.) - UL bus. The same for the Northside. If you needed to switch over you could show your ticket to say you're going to UL for the William st (UL Service).

I think it would definitely increase the frequency of buses but then again Limerick would probably need more buses

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

Mc Love wrote: »
    While I think they could do with a bus lane on the campus, they would need one from the campus to the dublin road too.

My thoughts on it are having two or three bus loops, you'd have a Raheen - City Centre (Debenhams) - Raheen, and UL - City Cenre (William St.) - UL bus. The same for the Northside. If you needed to switch over you could show your ticket to say you're going to UL for the William st (UL Service).

I think it would definitely increase the frequency of buses but then again Limerick would probably need more buses

would 100% agree with you here, but i do think its ridiculous that 2 parties come to a meeting to discuss a failure to adequately fulfill their responsibility, and the outcome is to blame a 3rd party!

Fair enough, I'd say something if it was a nice green but it was just a load of grass so fire away.

Some local residents have been protesting about what they regard as the destruction of their amenity but really it's just a large grassy space which is unused even by dog walkers. It is just the uppermost third which is being developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

chicorytip wrote: »
    Some local residents have been protesting about what they regard as the destruction of their amenity but really it's just a large grassy space which is unused even by dog walkers. It is just the uppermost third which is being developed.
    They are always complaining about something. when it is not the houses it is bus which got rocks fired @ them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Didn't want to start a thread of it's own; can you put broken glass in the little Mr.Binman caddy's?

• Advertisement

Paudee wrote:
    Didn't want to start a thread of it's own; can you put broken glass in the little Mr.Binman caddy's?

No, those are for compostable material such as kitchen waste only. As far as I am aware Mr. Binman no longer collect glass items.

Advertisement