Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Oh sweet jesus
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    485915.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I've seen a few cars around Limerick recently with the Adare Manor logo pasted to the front windscreen. Anyone know what that's about? Doesn't look like a staff sticker. Is there some kind of members club (apart from the golf club, that is) out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I've seen a few cars around Limerick recently with the Adare Manor logo pasted to the front windscreen. Anyone know what that's about? Doesn't look like a staff sticker. Is there some kind of members club (apart from the golf club, that is) out there?

Staff sticker must likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Could be there Concierge that drops people to/from the village or the City. Lots of 5* hotels have vehicles like that.

source wrote: »
    Staff sticker must likely.

Just to clarify I have a relation working in the Manor, she says they have a black sticker with the "A" logo in silver to gain access to the grounds and for staff parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I bought two books in O Mahoneys today and they were 25% cheaper than Easons/Amazon. Great to see our locally owned indie can beat the big guy, Irish owned or not. I am a huge believer in buying local and Irish and making a conscious effort to shop in the city centre, so it's good to see the retailers there are able to compete and retain business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I bought two books in O Mahoneys today and they were 25% cheaper than Easons/Amazon. Great to see our locally owned indie can beat the big guy, Irish owned or not. I am a huge believer in buying local and Irish and making a conscious effort to shop in the city centre, so it's good to see the retailers there are able to compete and retain business.
    Shane they've no student discount

They Changed their tune so. They used to be robbing feckers. they prob did it now to stay competitive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

They Changed their tune so. They used to be robbing feckers. they prob did it now to stay competitive

Did you buy jnr's school books there?

dashoonage wrote: »
    Did you buy jnr's school books there?

ya i did some of them ;);):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Who were the creepy looking middle aged men wearing capes and going on about abortions today in town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Who were the creepy looking middle aged men wearing capes and going on about abortions today in town?
    Priests? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

They are the monks from moyross

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm pretty sure they were foreigners. I walked past them down near the Potato Market and the mixture of accents was very unusual. Some of them looked German or Dutch, some more North American, some British.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Any recommendations on where in town has live music on Friday evenings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

This group?

EAVYMcVX4AIMQPi?format=jpg&name=medium

phog wrote: »
    This group?

Those are the lads I had interaction with the time of the marriage equality referendum. Religious group, all of them were Americans and the minute they were challenged they shoved a camera in my face.

Didn't like it when I pointed out that the book from the bible which condemned homosexuality also condemned the wearing of the gold lion they had on and the capes of mixed fibres.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

phog wrote: »
    This group?

Looks like Lannister men, up to no good no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

connected to the ancient order of hibernian i wonder??

mdmix wrote: »
    Looks like Lannister men, up to no good no doubt.
    who the hell are they ? all i am getting is lord of the rings :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,275 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The radical wing of the Stonecutters no doubt:

giphy.gif

I have been waiting a very long time for something like this to come here

Dolans

"Boiler Room tour announced for Irish tour in Galway, Cork, Limerick and Derry.

Boiler Room have just announced a 4 show non broadcast tour for Ireland this September. The huge electronic music platform will hit Galway, Cork, Limerick and Derry this September for 4 nights. This will be big."

Where is the best place to dispose of old laptops, ipads, phones? I know Cex will pay for ipads etc but do they need to be working?

Where is the best place to dispose of old laptops, ipads, phones? I know Cex will pay for ipads etc but do they need to be working?

ya they do but its a pain the arse selling to them. make sure all the data is wiped of them.

ya they do but its a pain the arse selling to them. make sure all the data is wiped of them.

They are goosed. One ipad is a gen 2 and doesnt turn on.

Put the whole lot in a box and put an ad on Adverts as free to take away or even ask for a tenner. They'll be gone within the hour. If you get a tenner go and have 2 pints.

Seriously, my sister does this the whole time when doing a clear out. She lives in Dublin though and from experience, Adverts is way more active up there. Worth a shot at least.

Thanks guys. All I'll say is never move house, never mind move countries.

Thanks guys. All I'll say is never move house, never mind move countries.

i know the amount of crap u accumulate is unreal. You never realise till you move.

i know the amount of crap u accumulate is unreal. You never realise till you move.

Crap being an understatement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,275 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lidl on Childers Road had an electronic recycle day last Friday. Mungret centre should take them too, it's €5 for a car boot so might be worth loading up with other stuff if your going there.

Advertisement