Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bazz26 wrote: »
    Lidl on Childers Road had an electronic recycle day last Friday. Mungret centre should take them too, it's €5 for a car boot so might be worth loading up with other stuff if your going there.

I'll be bringing old window frames, a couch and various other bits so will wait until I have a full van load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

bazz26 wrote: »
    Lidl on Childers Road had an electronic recycle day last Friday. Mungret centre should take them too, it's €5 for a car boot so might be worth loading up with other stuff if your going there.

Electronics are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Stupid twats of same neighbour's @ it again. Some people have work in morn.

Stupid twats of same neighbour's @ it again. Some people have work in morn.

Sorry, I'll keep it down!

Sorry, I'll keep it down!

Tnx Son;);:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Tnx Son;);:D:D:D

James Bond Junior is James Bonds nephew. Went to school in Warfield academy and fought S.C.A.R. around the world. Or so the nineties cartoon I loved went!

James Bond Junior is James Bonds nephew. Went to school in Warfield academy and fought S.C.A.R. around the world. Or so the nineties cartoon I loved went!

That's what tiredness does to u ;):D:D . Some of them were on u tube full episodes. Great fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No Hank Scorpio then?

That's Bunt you're thinking of! :cool::cool:

I see House have done what I feared they would and put tables on the narrowest part of the boardwalk, effectively making it impossible to walk through there.

Excuse the potato quality of the image, I'm quite some distance away.

486868.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Tbh it's about time they used it, but not the detriment of pedestrians. They could put the tables along by the road but thats not attractive unless that section which has automatic bollards are risen after 6pm to allow them to use the space.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Tbh it's about time they used it, but not the detriment of pedestrians. They could put the tables along by the road but thats not attractive unless that section which has automatic bollards are risen after 6pm to allow them to use the space.

I've no problem with them using it, so long as they do so responsibly and it doesn't affect members of the public who use the space. What they've done here is block the boardwalk completely at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

source wrote:
    I've no problem with them using it, so long as they do so responsibly and it doesn't affect members of the public who use the space. What they've done here is block the boardwalk completely at that point.

Presume they would have planning permission for it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

kilburn wrote: »
    Presume they would have planning permission for it ?

You pay rates for outside furniture so likely that's what they are doing.

Berty wrote: »
    You pay rates for outside furniture so likely that's what they are doing.

Even if that's the case I'm sure they aren't permitted to block the boardwalk entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

That pictures is a far cry from the artist's impression that I saw drawn up of the redesign. Tables from the windows outside Clohesseys stretching towards the river railing. No road there, but neither was the access point to the river which was odd. They're in a stupid place place and bottleneck the pathway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Drove passed House earlier. They're basically blocking the boardwalk. There is not enough to pass between a chair and the railing for the table closest to the railing if you had a wheelchair.

A long shot but would any of ye have an off cut of Unistrut of about 2 or 3ft in length thrown in your shed/garage/workshop? Need a small bit for a repair job. Will obviously collect and throw you the price of a few pints/coffees/whatever thats reasonable. Used to be swimming in the stuff when I was sparking full time but can't get hold of a bit of it now for some reason. Only offered full 3 and 6m lengths which I don't need.

TIA

A long shot but would any of ye have an off cut of Unistrut of about 2 or 3ft in length thrown in your shed/garage/workshop? Need a small bit for a repair job. Will obviously collect and throw you the price of a few pints/coffees/whatever thats reasonable. Used to be swimming in the stuff when I was sparking full time but can't get hold of a bit of it now for some reason. Only offered full 3 and 6m lengths which I don't need.

TIA

I think I actually might.... I'll leave you look yourself.

I think I actually might.... I'll leave you look yourself.

Really? We'll chat tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Was at my friend's earlier on and went for a walk around Dooradoyle/Raheen. The amount of dog**** all over the footpaths is absolutely disgusting.
    Not signaling out Dooradoyle/Raheen in particular. I'm sure it's a problem everywhere, but this was extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Was at my friend's earlier on and went for a walk around Dooradoyle/Raheen. The amount of dog**** all over the footpaths is absolutely disgusting. Not signaling out Dooradoyle/Raheen in particular. I'm sure it's a problem everywhere, but this was extreme.

It's a problem everywhere alright. The council workers are not obliged to pick it up so it's mostly a result of irresponsible owners.

chicorytip wrote: »
    It's a problem everywhere alright. The council workers are not obliged to pick it up so it's mostly a result of irresponsible owners.

Agree. We were actually walking her dog which is why I noticed it more I think, because she had to stop and scoop the poop after him a few times.

Something she pointed out though, if you do a loop walk from Ballycummin, down by Collins' and the crescent, up by the hospital and left at Raheen church, there are actually only two dog poo bins the whole way around. One down opposite the crescent and one up by Raheen church. She had to carry the bags for a while before she could dispose of them.

The council could definitely do with putting a few more bins around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Agree. We were actually walking her dog which is why I noticed it more I think, because she had to stop and scoop the poop after him a few times.

Something she pointed out though, if you do a loop walk from Ballycummin, down by Collins' and the crescent, up by the hospital and left at Raheen church, there are actually only two dog poo bins the whole way around. One down opposite the crescent and one up by Raheen church. She had to carry the bags for a while before she could dispose of them.

The council could definitely do with putting a few more bins around.

I asked the council for more bins and they said it's up to you to bring the poo home and put it your own waste bin

Mc Love wrote: »
    I asked the council for more bins and they said it's up to you to bring the poo home and put it your own waste bin

God help anyone walking a pack of greyhounds! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

peoples....

where is the best place around the city that has a good selection of loose fruit and veg ?

bricks an mortar shop, i know i could do the market on a saturday but that doesnt work for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I use Pick of the Crop on the Kileely road, alongside Freeda's takeaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

dashoonage wrote: »
    peoples....

where is the best place around the city that has a good selection of loose fruit and veg ?

bricks an mortar shop, i know i could do the market on a saturday but that doesnt work for me.
    Comhra wrote: »
    I use Pick of the Crop on the Kileely road, alongside Freeda's takeaway.

+1 on Pick of the Crop

If you need something closer to the city then you could try the veg shop near O'Neill's on Upr William St - their stuff looks good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I usually go to the green grocer at Roxboro shopping centre for loose stuff. Nearly had a panic attack in Tesco the other week, surrounded by stalls of plastic-covered packages of tomatoes. I only wanted to buy one or two! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Cheers all! some good options there! IO thats the very reason im looking for an alternative than just lobbing them into the basket every week.

Advertisement