Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I usually go to the green grocer at Roxboro shopping centre for loose stuff. Nearly had a panic attack in Tesco the other week, surrounded by stalls of plastic-covered packages of tomatoes. I only wanted to buy one or two! :(

Ur man (mcGrath) he is there donkeys since nearly the days when it was Crazy Prices& the library.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I dunno what Tesco are playing at anyway. Can't buy kiwis now unless you want at least 4 of them, with loads of useless plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Same as onions so we rip open the bag and take one. It still scans and can be weighed. I'm helping out all the other one onion buyers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

A friend is in the know in Lidl and their fruit and veg sales went through the roof when they switched to packaging free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

A friend is in the know in Lidl and their fruit and veg sales went through the roof when they switched to packaging free.
    Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_1.26.32_PM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lidl have a very very poor selection of loose fruit and veg to be fair. they are bringing in there own reusable bags for there fruit and veg soon so hopefully they will increase the selection then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

https://twitter.com/Limerick_Leader/status/1162086503025127426

Ladies and gentlemen we're getting a beach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bad idea, it'll be overun with junkies and lowlifes in no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

https://twitter.com/Limerick_Leader/status/1162086503025127426

Ladies and gentlemen we're getting a beach.

I love the way things get twisted! She was asked what would you like to see in Limerick that it doesn't have? Suddenly it becomes Limerick is getting a beach!

adaminho wrote: »
    I love the way things get twisted! She was asked what would you like to see in Limerick that it doesn't have? Suddenly it becomes Limerick is getting a beach!

But the Leader needs clicks and saying Jan wants a beach gets you more clicks. Plus it gives the FB brigade that only read headlines something to complain about.

• Advertisement

But the Leader needs clicks and saying Jan wants a beach gets you more clicks. Plus it gives the FB brigade that only read headlines something to complain about.

Ya :D what a beach she is 😀😀😀

lad drove into town hadnt been there in ages, where do half these taxi drivers get there licence, indian guy in his prius all over the road one min he is in the bus lane then he is in normal lane then bus lane. near town then he just decides to pull up & put his hazards on the middle of the road. unreal they are them taxis. Should be more patrols by gardai around the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Very random thought:

Everything North of Shannon banks, East of Parteen, West of Parteen Weir to Blackwater(and all the others) etc is actually on an Island.

The river Shannon cuts is to the East and the Ardnacrusha Canal cuts it the other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Berty wrote: »
    Very random thought:

Everything North of Shannon banks, East of Parteen, West of Parteen Weir to Blackwater(and all the others) etc is actually on an Island.

The river Shannon cuts is to the East and the Ardnacrusha Canal cuts it the other way.

Technically there's 4 Islands, Kings Island, all of Corbally, and the tract you're describing is actually 2 Islands as its bisected by the Blackwater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

source wrote: »
    Technically there's 4 Islands, Kings Island, all of Corbally, and the tract you're describing is actually 2 Islands as its bisected by the Blackwater.

Actually, just looking at the map there, make that 5 islands.

I've another random one.Bike chained to a pole at the corner or the dublin road and golf links road. Seems like a nice bike...basket and all on it...but i havent seen it move in about two years..yet it hasnt been robbed or stripped yet.

im sure there is a story behind it.

in fact. google earth from july 2018 has it on it...you can just see it at the front of the dumber truck here

https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.6666254,-8.5713774,3a,62.8y,160.62h,86.27t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSFmWhap013sKKXhm_YSZ8g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

^^^^^^^

good man, you just alerted all the boyo's in Limerick

how much would it go for down the pub?

fryup wrote: »
    how much would it go for down the pub?

I give u 20yoyo boss ;):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

good man, you just alerted all the boyo's in Limerick

In my experience they can't read so they won't be on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

dashoonage wrote: »
    I've another random one.Bike chained to a pole at the corner or the dublin road and golf links road. Seems like a nice bike...basket and all on it...but i havent seen it move in about two years..yet it hasnt been robbed or stripped yet.

im sure there is a story behind it.

in fact. google earth from july 2018 has it on it...you can just see it at the front of the dumber truck here

https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.6666254,-8.5713774,3a,62.8y,160.62h,86.27t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSFmWhap013sKKXhm_YSZ8g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
    I am not sure but perhaps there was a cyclist killed at that particular spot and this is a kind of memorial in her honour. I say "her"- it is a ladies bike, is it not?

chicorytip wrote: »
    I am not sure but perhaps there was a cyclist killed at that particular spot and this is a kind of memorial in her honour. I say "her"- it is a ladies bike, is it not?

it is.

its just one of the many things i wonder about on my morning commute

In my experience they can't read so they won't be on here.

Either the boys have been taking reading lessons or whoever owned the bike had forgot where they parked it until they read this thread because it's gone as of 7am.

Either the boys have been taking reading lessons or whoever owned the bike had forgot where they parked it until they read this thread because it's gone as of 7am.

i just passed there now at 7:40 and its there :P looks like its in daily use then...

dashoonage wrote: »
    i just passed there now at 7:40 and its there :P looks like its in daily use then...

I passed it at and probably passed you the exact same time. Its been there every morning for as long as I've worked out that way. 2+ years

It's this fellow's 😉
    488596.jpeg

I dont think ive ever not seen it there...hence the question...even on weekends etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

It's used by a woman - Asian looking if Iremember rightly. I would pass it most days at various times and would see it there all the time. But mostly gone in the evenings. One morning I saw her drop it off and then go to the bus stop.

• Advertisement

ShRT wrote: »
    It's used by a woman - Asian looking if Iremember rightly. I would pass it most days at various times and would see it there all the time. But mostly gone in the evenings. One morning I saw her drop it off and then go to the bus stop.

so i have an answer to one of my many ponderings in the life of mine.

Advertisement