Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Is it mandatory to have an attitude problem in order to work in Superdrug or is it just an added extra that the majority of the staff in there seem to have?

You got a problem love, I will kill u :D:D. I always found it that type of store with the staff working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

You got a problem love, I will kill u :D:D. I always found it that type of store with the staff working there.

And that's pretty much it in a nutshell! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Any cat grooming places in the city?

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Any cat grooming places in the city?
    i knows its a facebook link but here

https://www.facebook.com/Grooming-Salon-Paw-200808936734381/

That one in Foxes Bow? They only do dogs.

• Advertisement

Louche Lad wrote: »
    That one in Foxes Bow? They only do dogs.
    ****e. they seem crap anyway by reviews. How about petmania ??? mostly seems to be dog groomers i can find

****e. they seem crap anyway by reviews. How about petmania ??? mostly seems to be dog groomers i can find

Thanks, yes, mostly dog groomers come up in Google even though I search for "cat grooming Limerick". Petmania's website makes no mention of cat grooming services, but does state dog grooming so presumably they also don't do cats, but we might ask anyway.

Is it mandatory to have an attitude problem in order to work in Superdrug or is it just an added extra that the majority of the staff in there seem to have?

Well, on the complete opposite end of the scale, I just have to mention the absolutely lovely young guy that served me in Tesco Dooradoyle today.
    I think his name was Andrew, and he was an absolute gentleman. I was standing in the queue for a few minutes as there were a few people in front of me and he was so lovely and chatty and friendly with everyone.

So nice to meet someone like that. Such a difference between my experience in Superdrug on Sunday and Tesco today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Well, on the complete opposite end of the scale, I just have to mention the absolutely lovely young guy that served me in Tesco Dooradoyle today.
    I think his name was Andrew, and he was an absolute gentleman. I was standing in the queue for a few minutes as there were a few people in front of me and he was so lovely and chatty and friendly with everyone.

So nice to meet someone like that. Such a difference between my experience in Superdrug on Sunday and Tesco today.

I find service very friendly in Limerick restaurants, Bella Italia, Shake Dog (Coonagh), Milanos all fantastic service recently. Really helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anywhere in limerick or surrounds i can dispose of old rubble/paving?

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    anywhere in limerick are surrounds i can dispose of old rubble/paving?

Mungret Recycling Maybe,saw a skip for rubble but dont know what exactly.
    https://www.limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/materials-accepted?page_id=63%C2%A0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes building waste skip will take rubble and the like. Prices are for household or commercial so if you've a van or trailer you might be weighed.

Then greenstar may be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Havn't posted here in years! My claim to fame: I actually started this waffle thread (part 1) …

Gonna have a look about & see if I recognise anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Picked up a block of cheese in the supermarket today here in the middle east. Glenstal cheese produced in Murroe. It's the small things in life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Picked up a block of cheese in the supermarket today here in the middle east. Glenstal cheese produced in Murroe. It's the small things in life!

It's not actually made in Murroe. It's just cheese made by a different company packaged in Murroe as "Glenstal". Mainly for the overseas market.

Carazy wrote: »
    It's not actually made in Murroe. It's just cheese made by a different company packaged in Murroe as "Glenstal". Mainly for the overseas market.

Aww bubble burst!

Some of it is made in Murroe, in Abington which is a couple of miles from Glenstal. I'm open to correction but AFAIK the butter is made there with milk from Glenstal cows. It used to be once upon a time anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone reliable around take away rubbish - garden waste ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

fryup wrote: »
    anyone reliable around take away rubbish - garden waste ?
    If you have a friend or relative who would have the use of a van or a car and trailer take it to Mungret Recycling Centre. If not, try one of the licenced waste disposal people like Bob's Rubbish Removals or Taylors. You will pay a hefty price mind you - could be a few hundred depending on how much you want cleared.

chicorytip wrote: »
    If you have a friend or relative who would have the use of a van or a car and trailer take it to Mungret Recycling Centre. If not, try one of the licenced waste disposal people like Bob's Rubbish Removals or Taylors. You will pay a hefty price mind you - could be a few hundred depending on how much you want cleared.

Used Taylors myself at the start of the summer. Filled up the whole truck with garden waste for what I thought as a decent price after a bit of haggling. In and out in 15 mins. Would recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Having a quiet pint in Charlie St Georges. Freezing. Barman has a grumpy head on him so I won't joke about putting on the ole heating.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Having a quiet pint in Charlie St Georges. Freezing. Barman has a grumpy head on him so I won't joke about putting on the ole heating.

What's that pub like? I always wondered is it rough or a nice little gem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What's that pub like? I always wondered is it rough or a nice little gem.

I have only been there a hand full of times. It's mainly old lads having a few and some folks hanging there prior to their travels.

They might as well just shut the whole city down and call it a day. Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

What happens the taxi ranks which aid in this car free utopia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

sioda wrote: »
    What happens the taxi ranks which aid in this car free utopia

They go to one of the other unused taxi ranks around the city.

Las which regular had the Homer simpson avatar here before.?? saw something on f/book & said i recognise that avatar from someplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Anyone have an idea where to buy some clear epoxy resin in Limerick?

• Advertisement

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea where to buy some clear epoxy resin in Limerick?

Top Part, Mungret.

Advertisement