Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

They go to one of the other unused taxi ranks around the city.
    Of which there is only one at Howleys Quay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

sioda wrote: »
    Of which there is only one at Howleys Quay

Sarsfield Street
    Lower Bedford Row
    Arthur's Quay Park

For a start the one on O'Connell Street is on the incorrect side of the street, same as Sarsfield Street(although cannot be on the bus stop side). Front seat passengers have to get in on the side of driving lane.

Sarsfield Street though was specifically made wider at the top to avoid this but drivers refuse for some reason to use this rank and all struggle and often block the pedestrian crossing in desperation to be on the O'Connell Street rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Berty wrote: »
    Sarsfield Street
    Lower Bedford Row
    Arthur's Quay Park

For a start the one on O'Connell Street is on the incorrect side of the street, same as Sarsfield Street(although cannot be on the bus stop side). Front seat passengers have to get in on the side of driving lane.

Sarsfield Street though was specifically made wider at the top to avoid this but drivers refuse for some reason to use this rank and all struggle and often block the pedestrian crossing in desperation to be on the O'Connell Street rank.
    Don't forget the new one on Cecil st which hasn't been used by any taxi yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Usual jackass suspects on Twitter who want us to all cycle and smother turtles with love are all for it though.
    They go to one of the other unused taxi ranks around the city.
    Big fan of the taxi rank outside Dolan's, located in the middle of the road with an indicator for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Usual jackass suspects on Twitter who want us to all cycle and smother turtles with love are all for it though.

Big fan of the taxi rank outside Dolan's, located in the middle of the road with an indicator for good measure.

Hey leave the turtles out of this all right !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

:P:P:D:D:D
    492421.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

What time do I need to leave Raheen to be at Barrington's for 8:55 am , traveling by car ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

jonski wrote: »
    What time do I need to leave Raheen to be at Barrington's for 8:55 am , traveling by car ?

ugh i knew i should have listened in maths class...

It all depends,are u driving the car or a passenger in the car, u need to allow extra time then for parking then as well. 8.00 should do u i say.

It all depends,are u driving the car or a passenger in the car, u need to allow extra time then for parking then as well. 8.00 should do u i say.

Driving , dropping the mother into Barringtons to fritter away the inheritance .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Anyone here every had a radio fitted by the lads in Halfords?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Yep. Maybe I was unlucky but I had loads of hassle which dragged on for months. Would avoid!

No but I'd imagine it'd be like having the checkout person in IKEA fitting the kitchen they just sold you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Go to a motor factors and give the details of your car and ask for the ISO connector you need. It should be pretty easy once you have an ISO connector. If you have trouble like I did, go to the crowd on Henry Street, CarCom I think is the name. He fitted it for me in a short time and it was done well for handy enough money.

Didn't get going until just after 8:15 , still got in before 8:50 . Maybe I got lucky .

Didn't get going until just after 8:15 , still got in before 8:50 . Maybe I got lucky .
    i cant remember what traffic is like @ that time & i always like to be early anyway.so i just said 08.00 loads of time then for u to be there then.

i cant remember what traffic is like @ that time & i always like to be early anyway.so i just said 08.00 loads of time then for u to be there then.

I would be of the same thinking, and you should have seen my face when I arrived at 8:00 only to have the mammy say " I'd have time for a cup of tea wouldn't I " and then proceed to sit down and have her breakfast .

I would be of the same thinking, and you should have seen my face when I arrived at 8:00 only to have the mammy say " I'd have time for a cup of tea wouldn't I " and then proceed to sit down and have her breakfast .
    :eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D

The side Entrance to the old post office on Henry Street which is now a door marked 2030 building or something has a really ornate entrance way with ER in letters above it.

Anybody have an idea what the ER refers to?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Can't say I've noticed it, but it sounds like an "Elizabeth Regina" emblem.
    Did it look like the image here?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_cypher

• Advertisement

Just simple ER lettering

Just about see it on street view

https://maps.app.goo.gl/r1wuJahztezJsRJR9

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Berty wrote: »
    The side Entrance to the old post office on Henry Street which is now a door marked 2030 building or something has a really ornate entrance way with ER in letters above it.

Anybody have an idea what the ER refers to?

Some of the old post boxes still have this symbol. Just got a green paint job after independence. Was trying to think of an example around town.

Can’t get a good Streetview angle on Arthurs Quay box but I’ve seen it on these older type ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

The ER over the GPO means it was put there during the reign of Edward VII(?)(Edwardian Building).

A GR symbol would indicate it’s from the reign of one of the Georges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Anyone hear about a crash on O'Connell St this morning? Wife was asking about it when she got home from work, said there was loads of emergency services involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

As I was walking to work I saw the aftermath. Brand new car looked like it had been hit from the side. Couldn't figure out how, based on where the car was when I past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

shanmo wrote: »
    As I was walking to work I saw the aftermath. Brand new car looked like it had been hit from the side. Couldn't figure out based on where the car was when I past.

Cheers, she had said there was a heap of ES vehicles went flying past her, and had heard where it happened from someone in work. Found it odd that none of the local rags had nothing on it.

lads is there going to be road works again from mungret rdabout to raheen rdabout all the signs are out again even the electronic display but nothing on roads notices section yet.

lads the That Aldi Roxboro is gone down hill since they renovated it. they dont half the stuff they used to half there. Gone very poor there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

lads the That Aldi Roxboro is gone down hill since they renovated it. they dont half the stuff they used to half there. Gone very poor there.

Have to agree. They seem to be constantly out of basic items and I absolutely hate the Dublin Rd store so won't go near the place.

Advertisement