Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Have to agree. They seem to be constantly out of basic items and I absolutely hate the Dublin Rd store so won't go near the place.

ya havent being in there in ages said i go in there today, ya some of the shelves were all empty.Could hear one sham say after asking about something & getting ans dont know'' its always the same in this place, never have anything'' that was always a poor store anyway compared to the dublin road one. Dublin road one is just 2 busy & awkward now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

There's one woman on the Childers Rd checkout who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the general public. I've never met anyone as ignorant as her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its an extremely busy store though so its possible they have run out of stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

There's one woman on the Childers Rd checkout who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the general public. I've never met anyone as ignorant as her.

which shop?

fryup wrote: »
    which shop?

Aldi, Roxboro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

fryup wrote: »
    which shop?

Dark haired lady? Rude doesn't cover it.

oh ya? think i'll go in and wind her up for the craic :p

Bingo! :D Yup, that's her. Obviously it's not just me so. I literally won't go through her till because I've never met anybody so rude.
    Nobody's asking her to have a big conversation with you, but a hello and goodbye wouldn't go amiss, not to mention a please and thank you.

I used to work in retail myself once upon a time so I know it's not the easiest job in the world, but I'd have been pulled up pretty sharpish if I was ever that rude to customers.

On another note entirely, I've mentioned him before but there's a young guy on the checkouts in Tesco Dooradoyle (Andrew I think?) and you just couldn't meet nicer. Always so friendly and chatty, has a word and a smile for everyone and goes out of his way to be helpful.

Two more different people would be hard to find.

who knows....could be mother & son ?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Acquiescence

Absolutely horrible person. I actually said it to her one day when she literally threw some of my food on the ground past the till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Absolutely horrible person. I actually said it to her one day when she literally threw some of my food on the ground past the till.

I can see myself getting barred from aldi roxboro now :p:p:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Christ, that's shocking behaviour. Would you not report her to the manager?

I can see myself getting barred from aldi roxboro now :p:p:D:D

What I actually said was;

"that's perfect just **** it onto the floor."

She didn't bat an eyelid and possibly thought it was legitimate praise.

you do know you're not supposed to pack at the till - that's what the packing shelf by the window is for!

she probably is the manager ..knowing aldi

There's nothing to gain from that, anybody that seems to hate their job this much is obviously suffering enough.

I just tend to avoid Aldi Roxboro these days tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

Random question but does anyone know of any of pubs or restaurants in Limerick that would sell me 4 half pint Heineken glasses please? Ideally new or near new (very good condition). Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

shanmo wrote: »
    Random question but does anyone know of any of pubs or restaurants in Limerick that would sell me 4 half pint Heineken glasses please? Ideally new or near new (very good condition). Thanks!

In the pub trade for years and I can't remember the last time I saw Heineken half pint glasses! Most are just generic pilsner glasses. https://www.nisbets.ie/arcoroc-pilsner-glasses-285ml-ce-marked/s055

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

adaminho wrote:
    In the pub trade for years and I can't remember the last time I saw Heineken half pint glasses! Most are just generic pilsner glasses.

Thought as much. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Flavins Butchers closed in Greenpark , any recommendations for another butchers in the general area .

We usually buy our meat on a daily basis as needed and Flavins was really handy as it was near by and had very easy access . Not a fan of Spratts due to an issue a few years back .

I can't think of anywhere else that isn't a large retail chain or awkward to get to .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

jonski wrote: »
    Flavins Butchers closed in Greenpark , any recommendations for another butchers in the general area .

We usually buy our meat on a daily basis as needed and Flavins was really handy as it was near by and had very easy access . Not a fan of Spratts due to an issue a few years back .

I can't think of anywhere else that isn't a large retail chain or awkward to get to .

Garrett's on Fr.Russell Road? Excellent butchers

Garrett's on Fr.Russell Road? Excellent butchers

So the mother says , but she also feels they are expensive .

jonski wrote: »
    So the mother says , but she also feels they are expensive .

You get what you pay for though. Top quality produce

Mc Love wrote: »
    You get what you pay for though. Top quality produce

We will see , I'll go check them out today . If they are more expensive then I'm not sure what they are offering above Flavins .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's the name of the butcher's in the Crescent? They're usually good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

What's the name of the butcher's in the Crescent? They're usually good value.

Morroiseys ? ( spelling is probably wrong )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dashoonage wrote: »
    Morroiseys ? ( spelling is probably wrong )

That's the one. Nice bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Any good place in town to get a short document printed from usb?

iguana wrote: »
    Any good place in town to get a short document printed from usb?

Copy That (formerly MovieDrome) at the top of Henry Street, opposite the junction with O'Curry Street.

• Advertisement

Can I just walk into a motor factors and get a replacement number plate done up for a car on the spot? I've gotten many plates before but always ordered online. My mother came out of the cinema tonight to see the front number plate was gone from her car.

Advertisement