Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Can I just walk into a motor factors and get a replacement number plate done up for a car on the spot? I've gotten many plates before but always ordered online. My mother came out of the cinema tonight to see the front number plate was gone from her car.

Yup, no problem. Report the missing plate too.

Yup, no problem. Report the missing plate too.

Cheers. Already been reported

Cheers. Already been reported

Go to our place, ask for Conor and tell him I sent you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Any else find some of the staff in that Dooradoyle post office very rude, The full bodied person in there hardly talk to you. not as much as a please, thank you or anything. Why do people work in a job if they dont like it . Get a job that doesnt involve the public. it takes nothing to be nice & say please & thank you to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Any else find some of the staff in that Dooradoyle post office very rude, The full bodied person in there hardly talk to you. not as much as a please, thank you or anything. Why do people work in a job if they dont like it . Get a job that doesnt involve the public. it takes nothing to be nice & say please & thank you to people.

I lol'd at 'full bodied person', but I know exactly who you mean. She's incredibly rude. Always has a surly face and would barely acknowledge you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Same craic with the Mungret PO when it was open! Although I was a regular at one point, he was fine. The workers in the GPO in Cecil St are very helpful and friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'd say they are just tired of dealing with james bond and mc lovin wannabes :)

dashoonage wrote: »
    I'd say they are just tired of dealing with james bond and mc lovin wannabes :)

:D:D:D:D .u have to move to be tired :p:p

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I don't like where this went. This is not the place for your observations on local characters. Tongue in cheek or harmless to you, may seem otherwise to someone who kmows them.

MarkR wrote: »
    I don't like where this went. This is not the place for your observations on local characters. Tongue in cheek or harmless to you, may seem otherwise to someone who kmows them.
    Was the subway comment okay ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was the subway comment okay ???

No, not really. Calling someone "That foreign one" may be factually correct, but sounds disrespectful. This isn't a place to give out about people you've met in your day. There's a Ranting & Raving section elsewhere if you want that.

MarkR wrote: »
    No, not really. Calling someone "That foreign one" may be factually correct, but sounds disrespectful. This isn't a place to give out about people you've met in your day. There's a Ranting & Raving section elsewhere if you want that.

No prob mark thanks, i was trying to be as p.c. as possible. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Some laugh trying to get out of the city centre today between the Christmas lights and the (eternal) works on Parnell Street!

Some laugh trying to get out of the city centre today between the Christmas lights and the (eternal) works on Parnell Street!

Lovely pics from O'Connell St though. Was never in town for the switching on before and it looked fantastic tonight! Must venture in next year. Hope everyone enjoyed it.

Credit to the legendary Krzysztof for his great shots.

76653269_10219232576497747_338504085042888704_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlDGcAXz8_obECtxSlizyygZLcboQ0sSD8AbL9W40vIq6wU3CEnm59GZUrXbtFoZNEPrXJdBnQgAazevIvjMOAh&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=419da9ac06169751ea9c93b19b9e4df3&oe=5E8422BD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The lights switch on has been very good since 2016 when they moved it off Bedford Row and onto O'Connell St and put the screens up all the way down. It was horribly crowded on Bedford Row, very uncomfortable and impossible to see anything. And I remember that kids kept getting lost as every couple of minutes there was an announcement about a missing child in the crowd. Once they moved it onto O'Connell St it got really nice. They brought out the industrial 'snow machine' which is lovely if you are up near the front. But even if you don't want to try get up near the front there are giant screens all the way back the street, so the whole crowd is more dispersed and chilled out. And the light switch on is immediately followed by a short fireworks display, which is actually really, really nice and make the whole thing a bit more of an event. (Because the lights themselves are unfortunately a bit meh!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Anywhere around Limerick that sells fridges bar; Harvey Normans, Soundstore, Finucanes, Currys, Argos or Jack Fitzgerald's.

Even places outside Limerick that anyone bought a fridge from. Looking for a new fridge but the fridge has to be no more than 160cm in height and the selection in shops I've looked at are non existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Sean Hennessey in Shannon, Rathkeale and NCW, would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Anywhere around Limerick that sells fridges bar; Harvey Normans, Soundstore, Finucanes, Currys, Argos or Jack Fitzgerald's.

Even places outside Limerick that anyone bought a fridge from. Looking for a new fridge but the fridge has to be no more than 160cm in height and the selection in shops I've looked at are non existent.

buyitdirect.ie

I bought all my appliances in Finucanes in Eastway. Found them excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

buyitdirect.ie

These guys sell various fridges of or below the height you require. Also appears to be a cheapest when checking around.

Alternatively you can check Pricespy. In fact, go there first anyway.

• Advertisement

Did you see that Gob****e in the Paper in the Limerick Leader He is some gob****e isnt he!!:P:P:D:D:D;)
    (This is just banter by the way) Slagging a boardsie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did you see that Gob****e in the Paper in the Limerick Leader He is some gob****e isnt he!!:P:P:D:D:D;)

You'll have to be way more specific...

Youre going to have to narrow it down. plenty of gob****es in the limerick leader...also plenty of gob****es on boards as well.

Youre going to have to narrow it down. plenty of gob****es in the limerick leader...also plenty of gob****es on boards as well.

He is a Boards.ie.i am just slagging him.Cant say any more.:cool:. U know who when u read the article;);)

I bet you its swan boy again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nah, he'd be on here bragging about it if he'd been name-checked by the media. >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Some gowl, should keep his nose out of other people's business. Wish he would get a life

Mc Love wrote: »
    Some gowl, should keep his nose out of other people's business. Wish he would get a life
    :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Some bright Sparks got 100 twitter followers and went to the Leader about it.

• Advertisement

Some bright Sparks got 100 twitter followers and went to the Leader about it.

Oi! He is our bright spark, leave him alone!

Advertisement