Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

D’you know that last parking spot outside the savoy hotel that always has a car or van parked halfway out on the right hand lane, that really grinds my gears

I've been tempted to clip it a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

D’you know that last parking spot outside the savoy hotel that always has a car or van parked halfway out on the right hand lane, that really grinds my gears

A white golf last night? Passed it - I should have called traffic watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I see some jobs advertised for AxiomSL on the web , based in limerick but i cant find and address for their offices ? anyone know where they are based?

Raheen Business Park no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Mc Love wrote: »

They should make that length ways parking only,stupid way the have it marked out like.if they had brains they be dangerous,the council.

• Advertisement

They should make that length ways parking only,stupid way the have it marked out like.if they had brains they be dangerous,the council.

It is length ways parking. No one enforces it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Mc Love wrote: »

Traffic watch? You mean there exists an outlet for my parking induced rage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Traffic watch? You mean there exists an outlet for my parking induced rage?

That's their number 1890 205 805

lads / ladies / people offended by parking / mysterious boardsies with multiple twitter accounts

whos the go to man with a razor for beards in the citay these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

dashoonage wrote: »
    lads / ladies / people offended by parking / mysterious boardsies with multiple twitter accounts

whos the go to man with a razor for beards in the citay these days.

Your on the wrong site, check beards.ie

mdmix wrote: »
    Your on the wrong site, check beards.ie

That sites seems very friendly. It keeps saying hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

Glad I could help, but in case you don’t find what you were looking for there, I’ve gone to Oscar and co in the parkway and was happy. Haven’t had a straight shave in a good while tho so can’t say if the new staff there are any good. It was the owner who did it for me but I haven’t seen him around much in the last year or so

Why does xmas bring out all the twats who cant drive?? blocking yellow boxes & ones driving straight out in front of you & ones then who think their hatchback is a truck & take a 1/2hr to park.:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

T'is the silly season, Ted.

bazz26 wrote: »
    T'is the silly season, Ted.

madness just for one day when you think about it.& the sales start the day after people actually think they are getting bargain & buy stuff they dont need with money they dont have.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Why does xmas bring out all the twats who cant drive?? blocking yellow boxes & ones driving straight out in front of you & ones then who think their hatchback is a truck & take a 1/2hr to park.:(:(:(

You might just be oversensitive at this time of year, what you describe is a year round phenomenon in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

keane2097 wrote: »
    You might just be oversensitive at this time of year, what you describe is a year round phenomenon in Limerick.

Think the Christmas time brings all the dodgy drivers out at once. It's a year round thing but in the last month the feckers have been out in force. Was gonna contact traffic watch but it's an 1890 number. Surely coming into 2020 you'd think they'd have an email address you could contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

People seem to leave their brains at home this time of year, the consumerism bug just takes over and all logic goes out the window.

• Advertisement

Two crashes this morning because of red light runners!

People have def left their brains @ home this time of year. It was out that joke of a retail park direction ''ONE''& parkway roundabout direction. Would lights work on that roundabout?
    Childers road traffic seems hard to get on to roundabout with all Ul/dublin road traffic constantly coming on to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Crash on the Ballysimon Road caused some tailbacks coming into the city for most of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

We got caught in the O'Connell St. tailback this morning due to the accident. Hopefully all involved are ok.

What was surprising was that there was no diversion put in place to stop people continuing to enter O'Connell Street from Dublin Rd. Seems like an obvious thing to do?

No issues cycling, was able to whizz past everyone stuck in traffic

:pac: :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Some people are trying to claim pedestrianising O'Connell St for a block or two will not have an impact on traffic yet this morning we had tailbacks on the Corbally and Dublin Roads because of a few minutes of a road closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

phog wrote: »
    Some people are trying to claim pedestrianising O'Connell St for a block or two will not have an impact on traffic yet this morning we had tailbacks on the Corbally and Dublin Roads because of a few minutes of a road closure.

If you knew the road was pedestrianised would you still try to drive up it on the way to work in the morning? I think your analysis is a bit basic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There was also a crash on the motorway this morning between Junctions 27 and 28.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I was walking this morning for the first time in ages after I hurt my knee about 5 weeks ago, talk about some good fortune :D
    Passed the tail end of the O'Connell st incident, 3 fire engines and foam all over the road, but the vehicle involved must have already been towed, I couldn't figure out what had happened, had to take to Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Lisa Smith out of Limerick prison tomorrow on bail. Scary.

Advertisement