Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

angeldaisy wrote: »
    is that not the piece of land further up? this is where that triangle of grass is by the entrance to the wholesale place. theres that bit of wasteland there as well between the road and the wholesale place.

Oh right, I haven't seen the works so didn't know you meant the area by the Triangle. Don't know, that's not a big bit of land and the waste land backs up to the boundary wall of the wholesaler so guess you could build something similar to those new buildings by Panda Tool hire(new ones), but not as many.

I imagine the 10+ cars that park there everyday for work in town are annoyed by the works so :pac:

EDIT: Here it is:

http://planningenquiry.limerick.ie/PELITE/Default.aspx?FullFileNumber=21a-188010&FromMap=True
    Development Description: (i) provision of 11 no. residential units (3 no. 2 bed, 4 person units, 1 no. 1 bed 2 person unit, 1 no. 2 bed 4 person unit, 6 no. 3 bed 4 person unit), (ii) hard landscaping including replacement of existing footpaths, new entranceways, boundary treatments and boundary walls, parallel parking in adjacent green space, (iii) upgrading and re-routing of foul sewers and surface water drainage and (iv) all associated site works

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Berty wrote: »
    Oh right, I haven't seen the works so didn't know you meant the area by the Triangle. Don't know, that's not a big bit of land and the waste land backs up to the boundary wall of the wholesaler so guess you could build something similar to those new buildings by Panda Tool hire(new ones), but not as many.

I imagine the 10+ cars that park there everyday for work in town are annoyed by the works so :pac:

EDIT: Here it is:

http://planningenquiry.limerick.ie/PELITE/Default.aspx?FullFileNumber=21a-188010&FromMap=True

Thanks for that, I have to say that was my first thought this morning when I saw it, was where were the cars going to go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

For runners amongst us, does anybody know what the course is for the Milford 10K on Sunday? I see that the starting point is different from last year and I believe they've changed the route before

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

For runners amongst us, does anybody know what the course is for the Milford 10K on Sunday? I see that the starting point is different from last year and I believe they've changed the route before

I believe they have only changed the start and first km from last year. So you start in Kilmurry village car park and run out to the UL gates. From there its the same as last year, out to the Groody roundabout, up Rhebogue, along the canal and then back into UL and finish at the track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

damowill wrote: »
    I believe they have only changed the start and first km from last year. So you start in Kilmurry village car park and run out to the UL gates. From there its the same as last year, out to the Groody roundabout, up Rhebogue, along the canal and then back into UL and finish at the track

Thanks, they made a bit of a balls of the course, it measured almost half a K over the 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Thanks, they made a bit of a balls of the course, it measured almost half a K over the 10

thats nothing new they always seem to be like that with the runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Why does the train pass over the N7 in Lisnagry at a snail's pace? The last few times I've been caught at the barriers it has crawled past. I can't remember it ever being that slow. Is it a new safety measure? It literally creeps across the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Why does the train pass over the N7 in Lisnagry at a snail's pace? The last few times I've been caught at the barriers it has crawled past. I can't remember it ever being that slow. Is it a new safety measure? It literally creeps across the road.

Nope, barriers come down way too soon and train crawls along in both directions every single time. Always been like that. The train crosses the N7, the R503 and the local road in between. The road in between is manual and somebody has to open and close it which is annoying because they are closed so long and cars stack up on both sides meaning a scrum to get through when they open that small gate.

I don't remember it being that slow in years gone by. Now given it's once in a blue moon I'm caught there, so it's probably like this a lot longer than I've realised.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Glenomra

as a matter of interest does any poster know when are Bord Pleanala due to make an announcement on the Opera Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

First time in the omniplex for a while have to say better than either of the other two comfier seats clean and better sound

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

Glenomra wrote: »
    as a matter of interest does any poster know when are Bord Pleanala due to make an announcement on the Opera Centre.

According to ABP no decision date is available at this time .

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Glenomra

mart 23 wrote: »
    According to ABP no decision date is available at this time .
    Thanks. Just that I heard that there was a major announcement imminent relating to a limerick development. My source might have been mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Good folks of Limerick, where would one go to get a decent birthday cake these days? With Ivans gone, I'm at a loss where to look..Any recommendations will be appreciated!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Good folks of Limerick, where would one go to get a decent birthday cake these days? With Ivans gone, I'm at a loss where to look..Any recommendations will be appreciated!

I've had some really great cakes from Zest, but be sure you call them at least three days in advance with your order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Small appliance repair.

Folks, im wondering where i might go to get a hi-fi unit repaired.

I've had some really great cakes from Zest, but be sure you call them at least three days in advance with your order.
    Cheers, I'll call into them tomorrow for a look, although I might be three days too late in doing so! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

oleras wrote: »
    Small appliance repair.

Try the guys in Future Sound & Vision at the top of William Street. They might not repair them themselves but might be able to put you in touch with someone who does.

Unfortunately this type of repair service is a dying trade as in a lot of cases it's more economical to replace than repair these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Super Valu in Corbally & Castletroy are both pretty decent. Not 100% sure on the notice required but I'm sure they'd do something for you, if you asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Danes Bakery - gotten all our kids cakes there and they are hands down the best in Limerick

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Try the guys in Future Sound & Vision at the top of William Street. They might not repair them themselves but might be able to put you in touch with someone who does.

Unfortunately this type of repair service is a dying trade as in a lot of cases it's more economical to replace than repair these days.

Yeah thats what I was told when i wanted to repair a tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Mc Love wrote: »
    The Danes Bakery - gotten all our kids cakes there and they are hands down the best in Limerick

+1 for Dane's, we got a christening cake there recently and it was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

oleras wrote: »
    Small appliance repair.

Could try Michael Keyes, in Moloneys Yard, Little Gerald Griffin St.,

does, TV, Hifi and older Video Cams etc.

On the pricier side, but I've had some cracking cakes out of Gusto d'Italia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

bazz26 wrote: »

BobMc wrote: »
    Could try Michael Keyes, in Moloneys Yard, Little Gerald Griffin St.,

does, TV, Hifi and older Video Cams etc.

Fired off an email to Future sound and vision and they have a repair guy onsite, free estimates and if he cant repair, no charge.

If no joy there i will try Michael Keyes.

Thanks for the info and will keep ye updated.

Regarding cakes in Limerick, thanks for all the tips. I went for Danes in the end, and it didn't disappoint! A few pounds heavier today is my only compaint :pac:

There is some twats running that limerick now site see the ****e they are putting up now. making false reports about the hospital now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

There is some twats running that limerick now site see the ****e they are putting up now. making false reports about the hospital now

The story about the suspected case of Corona virus ?

jonski wrote: »
    The story about the suspected case of Corona virus ?

not the leader one, its gone now

• Advertisement

They have posted on here before. Probably saw your post and removed it

Advertisement