Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Anyone have any idea where I can get clear plastic buckets? Like at least 10 liter size but 20 liter will be better. I need to get 5-6 and the only place I found some was alibaba in china :(
    Anyone seen some somewhere out there?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea where I can get clear plastic buckets? Like at least 10 liter size but 20 liter will be better. I need to get 5-6 and the only place I found some was alibaba in china :(
    Anyone seen some somewhere out there?

Amazon have them, but I've not spotted any locally

source wrote: »
    The lads in Arthur's Quay did a great job for me, dog hair and dog vomit, looked like new when I got it back.
    eljono wrote: »
    I'd also recommend the lads in AQ, as well as the lads in Thomas St. car park.

Left it to the lads in Arthurs Quay while I got a filling done. Very handy. 2 birds with one stone and all that. Excellent job. Will get the full valet done next time as the seats were only hoovered and could do with a good deep clean. Not a trace of dog hair or smell of dog left in the car which was the main issue. Also removed a few horrible stickers without a trace from the rear windscreen that were welded on. Thanks for the recommendation. Will recommend them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Left it to the lads in Arthurs Quay while I got a filling done. Very handy. 2 birds with one stone and all that. Excellent job. Will get the full valet done next time as the seats were only hoovered and could do with a good deep clean. Not a trace of dog hair or smell of dog left in the car which was the main issue. Also removed a few horrible stickers without a trace from the rear windscreen that were welded on. Thanks for the recommendation. Will recommend them myself.

Did the dentist validate the parking :P:D:D:D??

Did the dentist validate the parking :P:D:D:D??

No and neither did the valet lads. Was a tad peed off with that actually. Thought I wouldn't have to fork out the €4 at least :pac:

• Advertisement

Is there a place that I can bring this module and have the USB port replaced? It's something I could probably chance myself but I can't be arsed. Same as the valet I asked about that I could have done myself. The older I get the more I'm willing to pay other people to do these things for me :pac:

Is there a place that I can bring this module and have the USB port replaced? It's something I could probably chance myself but I can't be arsed. Same as the valet I asked about that I could have done myself. The older I get the more I'm willing to pay other people to do these things for me :pac:

not too sure there is many of them guys left around now,dixons is a waste of time cause u would know more ur self.
    go down the road beside the new texaco station dublin road. the house on the right beside the substaion in @ the back there used to be a fellow there who fixes computers not too sure if he is still there now.

https://limerickcomputers.ie/store/

not too sure of there is many of them guys left around now,dixons is a waste of time cause u would know more ur self.
    go down the road beside the new texaco station dublin road. the house on the right beside the substaion in @ the back there used to be a fellow there who fixes computers not too sure if he is still there now.

Good man! A stones throw from my front door. Will chance them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

RTR Electronics
    Electronics
    Address: 6, Annacotty Business Park, Co. Limerick

Phone: (061) 240 695

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Anyone recommend somewhere I can buy new windscreen wipers and get them fitted as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Anyone recommend somewhere I can buy new windscreen wipers and get them fitted as well?

Munster car parts ballysimon road.

They'll do it for free or you can do it yourself in most cases

which is the better sat nav Tom Tom or Garmin??
    i always being weary of Tom tom since it sent me up a one way in dublin years ago. lucky it was around 02.00 i was able to swing around & go the right way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Waze app for your phone.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Waze app for your phone.

That app is pretty poor & doesnt work if u have no signal or data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

That app is pretty poor & doesnt work if u have no signal or data.
    Here maps has full offline nav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is the limerick nct lifts up & running again?

fryup wrote: »
    is the limerick nct lifts up & running again?

One is. A colleague got the lift inspection done this morning. Finally got an appointment for my lift inspection for mid March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Has anyone noticed a load of temporary cameras recently popping up on the roads? I've seen them in three places now. Yesterday saw a van with the name Precision Utility Mapping on the side pulled in under the cameras between Groody roundabout and Parkway.

Wonder what it's in aid of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

eljono wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a load of temporary cameras recently popping up on the roads? I've seen them in three places now. Yesterday saw a van with the name Precision Utility Mapping on the side pulled in under the cameras between Groody roundabout and Parkway.

Wonder what it's in aid of?

Traffic survey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

There's loads of those wires going across the road popping up too. They picked a good time to measure the traffic, it's absolutely manic at the moment.

• Advertisement

00257 calls doing the rounds. Burundi this time. I'm gonna go with my gut and say its not one of my emigrant buddies :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

00257 calls doing the rounds. Burundi this time. I'm gonna go with my gut and say its not one of my emigrant buddies :pac:

I got two of these calls Friday evening . Had me thinking for all of 30 seconds who I know in Burundi.

not too sure there is many of them guys left around now,dixons is a waste of time cause u would know more ur self.

Would have bought a replacement module for what this fella quoted me. Claimed it was a tricky job. It was basic soldering FFS! Did it myself in the end while watching the chase. €4 for 2 off the ebay. Job done

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I got Morocco the other day. Should have kept a record over the years to see how many countries I could tick off the list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I got Morocco the other day. Should have kept a record over the years to see how many countries I could tick off the list!

Nothing remotely as exotic for me I'm afraid....... just two from Germany last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

New place after opened Stonebridge business park (ballysimon before the bridge on the left) repairs tv computers anything electrical. He repaired our computer. He is excellent.

maryk123 wrote: »
    New place after opened Stonebridge business park (ballysimon before the bridge on the left) repairs tv computers anything electrical. He repaired our computer. He is excellent.

Few business to the right just before the turn off left to woodlawn park

Would have bought a replacement module for what this fella quoted me. Claimed it was a tricky job. It was basic soldering FFS! Did it myself in the end while watching the chase. €4 for 2 off the ebay. Job done

only used the fecker once and that was to get a power supply or something like that..didnt want to do it in another words. might have got the parts if maplain was still open other than ebay.

only used the fecker once and that was to get a power supply or something like that..didnt want to do it in another words. might have got the parts if maplain was still open other than ebay.

Quoted me a ridiculous price for a 5 min soldering job but claimed it was a tricky one. Fcuk him. The quote didn't bother me too much. The bull**** lies did.

• Advertisement

Do any of the floor places in Limerick sell off-cuts of lino? Need about 4sq metres for a small ensuite

Advertisement