Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

Have a look at https://www.tower-carpets.com/ I got some nice stuff from them over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

+1 for Tower Carpets. I found them very good three or four times I used them for both carpets, lino and wooden floors. Reasonable prices and good workmanship. Long established reputable company.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

is there anywhere you can rent an electric bike for a week or 2? we've gone from 2 cars to 1 and are considering reducing further. my GF has a longer commute than me (annacotty to raheen) so she's thinking of going electric.

looking to trial before making any decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

mdmix wrote: »
    is there anywhere you can rent an electric bike for a week or 2? we've gone from 2 cars to 1 and are considering reducing further. my GF has a longer commute than me (annacotty to raheen) so she's thinking of going electric.

Doubt anything for two weeks this is closest when i googled.
    https://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/657024.html

may this one for trial

https://www.greenaer.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

mdmix wrote: »

Give highnelly a call - they are limerick based and can drop off the bike to you https://www.bikehire24.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Anyone know what's being done on the road beside Allendale? The road is closed from just after the gates to the student accommodation with a digger going behind it.

source wrote: »
    Anyone know what's being done on the road beside Allendale? The road is closed from just after the gates to the student accommodation with a digger going behind it.
    is this near 4 star pizza ?? if it is i think their is road works going on there.

Here
    505209.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Here
    505209.jpg

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Road was in bits down there had to be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tell you whats annoying about those roadworks is that they didn't switch off the lights and the weight of the signs and bollards are setting off the filters. Very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

sioda wrote: »
    Road was in bits down there had to be done
    It doesn't look like they're repairing it.
    Looks more like it's being further reinforced against our cultural cousins.
    Definitely needed to keep it caravan free

I be at the street corner selling toilet paper if u want any 1 for 2.50 2 for a fiver:cool::cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The thing that annoys me the most about the toilet paper situation is the fact that this is a respiratory illness. Why are people planning so much for the lavatory when the problem is in the lungs? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The thing that annoys me the most about the toilet paper situation is the fact that this is a respiratory illness. Why are people planning so much for the lavatory when the problem is in the lungs? :confused:

Because it also gives you the ****s. nothing worse than not being able to breathe and not being able to wipe your arse

As the joke goes probaly **** themselves when they hear someone sneezing. :D:D
    no need for it unless u have a condition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone know if the city library is staying open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

YFlyer wrote: »
    Anyone know if the city library is staying open?

No closed until 29th March

Mc Love wrote: »
    No closed until 29th March

Thanks.

Anyone know if the Eurobuses running today?

I seen the 308 but not the 307. Looking to bring my desk PC from UL to Cois Ghruda.

• Advertisement

With some who can't or following advice don't leave their houses Apache have now added €2 delivery to all orders . Bad timing on their part. When most businesses are working hard to get products to their customers it seems odd to add a charge now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

A building on Barrington Street was on fire earlier this morning, looks like a fire on the first floor, hopefully no serious injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Berty wrote: »
    With some who can't or following advice don't leave their houses Apache have now added €2 delivery to all orders . Bad timing on their part. When most businesses are working hard to get products to their customers it seems odd to add a charge now.

Not really, demand has probably shot up for deliveries while workers willing to work will go down.

You have to compensate your workers extra at this time while also making sure they aren't overswamped with deliveries.

arent u a delivery driver/Truck driver.?

Drive thru Pizza place is what we need:D:D

I did drive a truck in 2006 so either you've a good memory of me saying it before or you're mixing me up. I drove a truck after the construction work(was a Civil Lab Technician) started to decline around then and then, for my sins, became a Sales Person. I'm still a Sales Person, just got a non salesman title................."Consultant" :D

Circle K Ballysimon had Diesel at 104.8 this morning. I imagine lots of arguments were happening in the shop with that price error being advertised on the Monolith. :D Must be changed by now as every other Circle K and stations nearby were only as low as 120.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There was a big fall in the price of crude oil over the last few weeks due to a sharp drop in demand as well as the coronavirus. The Saudis had a tat with the Russians over stemming production to allow demand to catch up again.

Fuel stations have been very slow to pass those price drops on to the consumer especially in the Limerick area.

True but there was a major disparity between Diesel and Diesel plus, over 25c difference. A mistake but the usual culture is "the sign says x, I'm paying that". Bit late after you fill up mind.

True but there was a major disparity between Diesel and Diesel plus, over 25c difference. A mistake but the usual culture is "the sign says x, I'm paying that". Bit late after you fill up mind.

it is usually 10 cent in the difference, like in topaz between diesel & diet diesel.

• Advertisement

Opinions Folks. I should be able to bring back car bulbs (H7 as an common example type ) if they are blown already. I am fitted them middle of december & one of them is gone already. Get a refund shouldnt I.

Advertisement