Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Opinions Folks. I should be able to bring back car bulbs (H7 as an common example type ) if they are blown already. I am fitted them middle of december & one of them is gone already. Get a refund shouldnt I.

Yes, not fit for purpose. Bulbs have a hours rating of how long they'll last along with lumen ratings.

They may try to argue that bulbs themselves aren't covered because of general vibration in the car. Or the person won't give a rats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Berty wrote: »
    Yes, not fit for purpose. Bulbs have a hours rating of how long they'll last along with lumen ratings.

They may try to argue that bulbs themselves aren't covered because of general vibration in the car. Or the person won't give a rats.

What brand bulb?

What brand bulb?

All brands really. Even HID bulbs have an expected life cycle to last. Before I had LED headlights I always used a brand called Mtec superwhite(still 55w just a 4300 Kelvin instead of 3700) but osram nightbreakers are also good.

Even with own brand bulbs like Halfords they should all have an expected life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

What brand bulb?
    Toyotas genuine ones. I just got them for the sake of it to see what they were like. Night breakers only last 6 months found them to be pretty poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Bulbs have an expected life span ................. unless you are putting them into a Mk1.5 Ford Focus , then 3 months is about par for the course .

• Advertisement

2 x James bonds, bloody confused me. :(

I wasn't paying enough attention.

Toyotas genuine ones. I just got them for the sake of it to see what they were like. Night breakers only last 6 months found them to be pretty poor

Check the alternator. I had a focus eating bulbs and it was a dodgy alternator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If different brands of bulbs are blowing quickly then you most likely have an underlying problem with the car rather than the bulbs.

Maybe a silly question but are you handling the bulb glass when fitting them? If so then this can blow or reduce the lifespan of the bulb. You should fit them using a pair of gloves and try to avoid handling the glass part altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone know if all city bus services running? Both Bus Eireann and Eurobus?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

YFlyer wrote: »
    Anyone know if all city bus services running? Both Bus Eireann and Eurobus?

Thanks

Bus Eireann are green bus have suspended all services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

adaminho wrote: »
    Bus Eireann are green bus have suspended all services.

Thanks

Lads any Recommedatiopns For HIR2 type Bulbs ??

Hard go wrong with Osram. But you'll pay for them.

Hard go wrong with Osram. But you'll pay for them.

i know but hope they last more than 3 & bit months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DirtyHarry88

Check the alternator. I had a focus eating bulbs and it was a dodgy alternator.

Jesus Q really shafted you with a Focus, your uncle drives an Aston

Are those LED bulbs? If your car didn't originally come fitted with LED bulbs then that might be where your problem is. Have you tried standard halogen bulbs?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Are those LED bulbs? If your car didn't originally come fitted with LED bulbs then that might be where your problem is. Have you tried standard halogen bulbs?
    hir2 is the standard size for my lights. i know strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Something happened outside Penneys last night all cordened off and CSI with the little evidence stands taking pictures

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

An assault:
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/529429/breaking-crime-scene-in-limerick-city-after-suspected-assault.html

Must be serious enough if they cordoned it off. I'm working at home but some colleagues were telling me about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Yup asked a gard earlier sand on the path to cover the blood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

An assault:
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/529429/breaking-crime-scene-in-limerick-city-after-suspected-assault.html

Must be serious enough if they cordoned it off. I'm working at home but some colleagues were telling me about it.

Passed the lad that was stabbed in Mary St earlier today so must not have been that serious.

Wouldn't think there was a lockdown (of sorts)at all out there. Commuting myself from work. Roads pretty busy and traffic problems on Ballysimon as they are queuing, including in the middle of the road, to join the supermacs drive thru queue.

I'd be embarrassed to leave my house to panic buy Supermacs especially as there must be 20+ cars in the queue, but also trying to join it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Passed the lad that was stabbed in Mary St earlier today so must not have been that serious.

Did you finish him off..??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm posting in Limerick forum rather car detailing as I'm afraid I'll get lost over there with their jargon

With a bit more time on my hands now I wash my car a bit more than I used to, this has coincided with me getting a new 2nd hand car so I'd like to keeping it looking like new. I'm not too fanatical about it but would like a clean car.

What car-wash products do you recommend to use to clean the exterior and interior of the car including the glass? What should I use to remove a few tiny tar specs that I found the last time I washed it.

How do I wash it - what's the sequence in washing, currently I hose it down, use a car wash shampoo then rinse and sometimes wipe down with a cloth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Detailing guys are very helpful.

First you need to get yourself two buckets, one is for your dirty water and one for your clean water (shampoo). A rinse, washing using the two bucket method and drying with a drying towel should be enough for anyone starting off.

Microfiber cloths are what most use to clean windows etc.

phog wrote: »
    I'm posting in Limerick forum rather car detailing as I'm afraid I'll get lost over there with their jargon

With a bit more time on my hands now I wash my car a bit more than I used to, this has coincided with me getting a new 2nd hand car so I'd like to keeping it looking like new. I'm not too fanatical about it but would like a clean car.

What car-wash products do you recommend to use to clean the exterior and interior of the car including the glass? What should I use to remove a few tiny tar specs that I found the last time I washed it.

How do I wash it - what's the sequence in washing, currently I hose it down, use a car wash shampoo then rinse and sometimes wipe down with a cloth.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/blog/detailing-guides/how-to-guide-car-washing-the-two-bucket-method/

And for the love of God don't clean the car using a sponge or washing up liquid.

I cleaned the car the other day, didn't have the right sponge to put on the tire gel so sprayed it on, then had to clean the wheels again :( . Now I'm so annoyed because I've a clean car calling to me through the window "De-tar me De-tar me". I guess I'll have to get out and do it, then polish it the next day and wax it.

Could really do with a spring visit to the car accessories places but ah well, other people lives come first I guess. :D (oh yeah, also I'm working from home so need to do that as well :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Berty wrote: »
    I cleaned the car the other day, didn't have the right sponge to put on the tire gel so sprayed it on, then had to clean the wheels again :( . Now I'm so annoyed because I've a clean car calling to me through the window "De-tar me De-tar me". I guess I'll have to get out and do it, then polish it the next day and wax it.

Could really do with a spring visit to the car accessories places but ah well, other people lives come first I guess. :D (oh yeah, also I'm working from home so need to do that as well :P )

send address, will drop vrs, and maintain social distancing while doing so.

thanks

d

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    send address, will drop vrs, and maintain social distancing while doing so.

thanks

d

Sure, drop VRs, you de-tar my car and I take the VRs for a spin.

Advertisement