Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I've missed cycling. Couldn't justify many essential journeys on my bike for a while, and couldn't think of any suitable routes for exercise in my 2km radius. The weather has been perfect for it too!

I have a good turbo trainer so was on that for the most part at the start but getting out even within the 2km radius was far more enjoyable than I expected it to be.

I can get quite a nice variety of places in within 5km now which is great.

Mc Love wrote: »
    I only mentioned that its often safer for a person cycling on that section to use the footpath.

And the Gardai did nothing? Quelle surprise...

Usually the media is at fault here because they use car instead of driver when there's an collision involving a car, whereas if its someone on a bike, they'll always use cyclist.

Agreed

I don't suppose it would be worth my while checking back through the thread to see if anyone thought Browne Thomas colliding with a car was worth a mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

keane2097 wrote: »
    I don't suppose it would be worth my while checking back through the thread to see if anyone thought Browne Thomas colliding with a car was worth a mention?

No seen stranger crashes:p:p:D:D:D

Did that person have a heart attack??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

And the Gardai did nothing? Quelle surprise...

They drove around the block, I don't know if it was in pursuit of the cyclist or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

phog wrote: »
    They drove around the block, I don't know if it was in pursuit of the cyclist or not.

Probably not - they pick and choose what road offences to police.

• Advertisement

Probably not - they pick and choose what road offences to police.

Yes and they seem to ignore a lot the offences by cyclists as there's no requirement for them to carry identification. Too much hassle to be bringing them back to the station when they should be able to issue on the spot fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

There is no safe cycling lane on that bridge and is really dangerous, on Saturday I was on my way back from the Hub for bikes, and a driver close passed a cyclist on the bridge because they couldnt be bothered to wait a few seconds to pass them safely. Nearly drove into me at the same time.

Everyone needs to be treated fairly here and I know cycling is illegal on footpaths but so is parking on them, have you complained about that or is this just an attack on people that cycle?

I call bullcrap on this, how many cyclists have been knocked down on that bridge?, Cars tend not to crash into cyclists, if you'd been looking where you were going instead worrying about the car and cyclist across the road, my guess is you wouldn't have been near that car.

your whinge is akin to:
    A cloud nearly hit me last week but I survived, It was when I was out walking, luckily there no plane flying through the cloud at the time, if there was one, it would have been mayhem. Hysteria!

Stay off the path and stop being a nuisance, it is that simple, I saw a woman with 2 kids in tow cycling that path last night, 3 of them were causing grief to all on the path.

Kenny B wrote: »
    I call bullcrap on this, how many cyclists have been knocked down on that bridge?, Cars tend not to crash into cyclists, if you'd been looking where you were going instead worrying about the car and cyclist across the road, my guess is you wouldn't have been near that car.

your whinge is akin to:
    A cloud nearly hit me last week but I survived, It was when I was out walking, luckily there no plane flying through the cloud at the time, if there was one, it would have been mayhem. Hysteria!

Stay off the path and stop being a nuisance, it is that simple, I saw a woman with 2 kids in tow cycling that path last night, 3 of them were causing grief to all on the path.

You can always tell the best drivers by their posting styles :pac:

keane2097 wrote: »
    You can always tell the best drivers by their posting styles :pac:

Its all certain person fault he started it :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Anyone got any recommendations for a spot of welding? The muffler on the car has come loose and need to get it welded back to the holder

Anyone got any recommendations for a spot of welding? The muffler on the car has come loose and need to get it welded back to the holder

but for muffler/exhaust repair, there was a fellow in behind dfs sofas that industrial estate there on the left as u go out the ballysimon road, in the gate straight down & one of the places there on the right.

this ages ago though. i got it done.

Yeah thats who the mechanic recommended but said you could be waiting a day or a few days for it to be done

Yeah thats who the mechanic recommended but said you could be waiting a day or a few days for it to be done

ya kind of got that kind of attitude of him alright

Is it Emerald Exhausts (the only place listed it would seem)

Ya
    513513.JPG

Folks has anyone got an ESB bill last 2 months from Electric Ireland (only asking about electric lreland ESB)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Folks has anyone got an ESB bill last 2 months from Electric Ireland (only asking about electric lreland ESB)

Got one yesterday. Estimated bill. I don't think anyone is out reading metres at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Got bill 25th of April. Previous one to that 20th of February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Got one in April and sumitted my own in May , keeping an eye on it with all this working from home, actually not having much of an impact

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I got one overnight, I saw the meter reader here the other day.

If you want a bill, submit your reading online and you'll get a bill in a day or two

Got one yesterday. Estimated bill. I don't think anyone is out reading metres at the moment.

I might get one today or during the week so.i haven't got one in a while & was just wondering seems got 2 eir Bill's in that short space of time. Thanks Folks

The meter reader was in our estate during the week

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

phog wrote: »
    The meter reader was in our estate during the week

Must just be me missing the reader then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Any recommendations for a running group in the city? I usually run in the Arena but gotten used to running around the city during the lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Anyone else not got water at the moment? We're in the centre of Limerick City.

There is a note about a reported outage in the Garryowen area: https://www.water.ie/water-supply/supply-and-service-update/?id=61680

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Anyone else not got water at the moment? We're in the centre of Limerick City.

There is a note about a reported outage in the Garryowen area: https://www.water.ie/water-supply/supply-and-service-update/?id=61680

Seems there's a burst water main outside Barrington's Hospital and they're repairing it now (the water people on site rang me). I must say they are very responsive, both physically and by phone.

Anyone have any idea where I could get some PVA white glue

Anyone have any idea where I could get some PVA white glue

The Range.

• Advertisement

The Range.

😢😢😢🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🧍*♂️🧍*♂️🧍*♂️🧍*♂️🧍*♂️🧍*♂️🧍*♂️🧍*♂️🧍*♂️🧍*♂️

Advertisement