Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

😢😢😢🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣ðŸ§*♂️ðŸ§*♂️ðŸ§*♂️ðŸ§*♂️ðŸ§*♂️ðŸ§*♂️ðŸ§*♂️ðŸ§*♂️ðŸ§*♂️ðŸ§*♂️

You feeling alright?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭djdunny

Anyone happen to know where I could pick up some bamboo torches (paraffin oil ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Mc Love wrote: »
    You feeling alright?

That supposed to be length of q's but it didnt come out right cause it was written on phone:D:D

Folks does any one know if the oriental Kitchen is back open in Parnell street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Does anyone know where I could get one of the 5L Heineken kegs in Limerick? Haven't seen them in a while.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where I could get one of the 5L Heineken kegs in Limerick? Haven't seen them in a while.
    best option would be to ask in one of the popular off licence's. cant see it on any of their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Anyone know if peoples park is open now, if so, hours?

kokiyou wrote: »
    Anyone know if peoples park is open now, if so, hours?

It has being open for the last while if i am not mistaken as in since nearly start of june saw it open when i was walking passed going to an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Thanks! I just assumed it would have been closed in lockdown I guess, good that it is back (if it was closed)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anybody else seen the Bus lane markings on the resurfaced Ennis road. By the rules of the solid white lines you cannot now get into the filter lane until after the turn off to Whittys Mace(inbound) to turn left. It's a solid white line until then. The break in the white line before that junction is just for turning into the housing estate so by rights you're not meant to filter left until after the junction.

Also the signpost by Tesco coonagh says to turn left at Tesco to head to Killaloe(maybe in 10/20 years :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Those e scooters are becoming a fecking real problem.

Kids flying across the road and in-between traffic on them.

Kilboor wrote: »
    Those e scooters are becoming a fecking real problem.

Kids flying across the road and in-between traffic on them.

They are absolutely everywhere

Berty wrote: »
    Anybody else seen the Bus lane markings on the resurfaced Ennis road. By the rules of the solid white lines you cannot now get into the filter lane until after the turn off to Whittys Mace(inbound) to turn left. It's a solid white line until then. The break in the white line before that junction is just for turning into the housing estate so by rights you're not meant to filter left until after the junction.

Also the signpost by Tesco coonagh says to turn left at Tesco to head to Killaloe(maybe in 10/20 years :D)

Same approaching the crescent roundabout but people still cross the white line to get into the lane early

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Asking for a friend, anyone know where to get a cover for a fitbit in town like this?

https://images.mobilefun.co.uk/graphics/450pixelp/80801.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Asking for a friend, anyone know where to get a cover for a fitbit in town like this?

https://images.mobilefun.co.uk/graphics/450pixelp/80801.jpg

Didn’t know they did them. I scratched mine last week. Raging. Thanks for the heads up

Did a kayaking tour on the Shannon this evening. From St Michaels Rowing club up to Parteen railway bridge and back down via The Abbey. A lap of the Island basically. One of the best activities I've ever done in Limerick. I'd recommend it to everyone both local and visitors. Had been meaning to do it for years. The nice weather also helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Whatever happened Kess and Raiser, 2 former regulars here.

And I see a former mod would be happy as the city in the evening now looks like Zombiefest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

kilburn wrote: »
    Whatever happened Kess and Raiser, 2 former regulars here.

And I see a former mod would be happy as the city in the evening now looks like Zombiefest

Fook them former Mods...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Hi, what is th milkmarket like since it opened again? Are theree many stalls, capacity restrictions and what are best times to go as I have not been in a while. Tnx.

Asking for a friend who has asked around but not on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Hi, what is th milkmarket like since it opened again? Are theree many stalls, capacity restrictions and what are best times to go as I have not been in a while. Tnx.

Asking for a friend who has asked around but not on boards.
    Good few stalls it's all about food produce so not much ready to eat or craft stalls but good crowd management and social distancing set up

Anyone know what the hell the fork and spoons on the lights on Thomas Street are about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

The giant table & chair built last week at the boat club On Harvey’s quay is now being dismantled. Let us know if it turns up somewhere else in the city.......

greenkiwi1 wrote: »
    The giant table & chair built last week at the boat club On Harvey’s quay is now being dismantled. Let us know if it turns up somewhere else in the city.......

Its out my back garden. Put on a few extra pounds during the lockdown :pac:

They said it was only for the weekend :pac:

The council got so much flak from the public they were left with no choice but remove it

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

Mc Love wrote: »
    They said it was only for the weekend :pac:

The council got so much flak from the public they were left with no choice but remove it

The only flak they got was for prioritising decorations over public safety measures and measures to support businesses. Most people would have been happy with the table and chairs if some actual improvements were made to the streetscape.

on a separate note, the fish people who were brought in to "animate the city" walked around without doing anything. I have hear they were polite when approached, but that was a very poor use of funds.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

WTF, fish people? I only heard about the giant knife and fork on bedford row, and the table and chairs, no idea what the fish people are!

I did see this story on live95 about the Council paying out business restart grants (it's a national scheme so not just in Limerick), it might be worth looking into for any business affected if they haven't already seen it:
    https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/figure-paid-out-to-limerick-businesses-to-help-re-opening-is-revealed/

WTF, fish people? I only heard about the giant knife and fork on bedford row, and the table and chairs, no idea what the fish people are!

I did see this story on live95 about the Council paying out business restart grants (it's a national scheme so not just in Limerick), it might be worth looking into for any business affected if they haven't already seen it:
    https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/figure-paid-out-to-limerick-businesses-to-help-re-opening-is-revealed/

No chips to go with the Fish ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

No chips to go with the Fish ???

The chips are on the people of Limerick’a shoulders! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

They were hired to promote eating in restaurants or something, no clear explaination from council

https://twitter.com/fintanytwalsh/status/1279426143267905537?s=21

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

If I saw that on the street I'd think someone had spiked my drink and I was tripping. Bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Did anyone here hear about a man of Indian descent cycling that was killed recently (not sure exactly how recent) in an accident featuring Sulky Racers in Limerick.

Kinda worries me how absolutely no media scrutiny was brought up about it and it was brushed aside.

Advertisement