Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

callaway92 wrote: »
    Did anyone here hear about a man of Indian descent cycling that was killed recently (not sure exactly how recent) in an accident featuring Sulky Racers in Limerick.

Kinda worries me how absolutely no media scrutiny was brought up about it and it was brushed aside.

Thread on it closed here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Did anyone here hear about a man of Indian descent cycling that was killed recently (not sure exactly how recent) in an accident featuring Sulky Racers in Limerick.

Kinda worries me how absolutely no media scrutiny was brought up about it and it was brushed aside.

Was also on leader page & there was W.war 3 over it with the comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Clareman is Squid reincarnation.

Anyone noticed the roadworks between UL flagpole entry and the industrial estate? Looks great. Many people taken advantage of running and cycling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'm looking for large scrap cardboard to package some items we need to ship. Any recommendations on where to get some?

I've tried the likes of Musgrave's and SuperValu.

Thanks

• Advertisement

I'm looking for large scrap cardboard to package some items we need to ship. Any recommendations on where to get some?

I've tried the likes of Musgrave's and SuperValu.

Thanks

What type of volume are you looking for? The large stores like Dunnes or Penny's must have a huge amount of cardboard waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

yop wrote: »

Ah sorry. Didn’t see.

To be blunt about it - things like that getting closed literally allow it to continue. Worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

yop wrote:

Can we get that thread reopened please, there is a global pandemic and the limerick thread was closed over a travellers funeral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Hey everyone!
    Anybody know where in the city centre I could get sorted out with a few nice flowers for a special someone. Only looking for a few flowers and not looking to spend loads on a bouquet etc..
    could anyone recommend somewhere.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hey everyone!
    Anybody know where in the city centre I could get sorted out with a few nice flowers for a special someone. Only looking for a few flowers and not looking to spend loads on a bouquet etc..
    could anyone recommend somewhere.
    Thanks!

Lawless flowers on Roches St

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Anyone know if Bishops Quay will be one way permanently now? Or if they're temporary works? Can't find mention of it anywhere, on AA Roadwatch or the council's website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Anybody know if the Clare Glens is open again? It opened for a bit, then was closed again (along with Lough Gur) at the end of May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

le_girl wrote: »
    Anyone know if Bishops Quay will be one way permanently now? Or if they're temporary works? Can't find mention of it anywhere, on AA Roadwatch or the council's website.
    It's till the end of August.

https://www.limerick.ie/council/newsroom/news/vast-majority-guiding-limerick-through-covid-19-be-implemented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

osarusan wrote: »
    Anybody know if the Clare Glens is open again? It opened for a bit, then was closed again (along with Lough Gur) at the end of May.

Yep it's open was out there last monday lovely spot and was pretty quite too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Shane Gleeson's letter to the Leader today made for a rollicking read, maybe somebody else could post it up, making all sorts of accusations against the pedestrianise Limerick crew

Shane Gleeson's letter to the Leader today made for a rollicking read, maybe somebody else could post it up, making all sorts of accusations against the pedestrianise Limerick crew
    :D:D:D
    whats-the-411-whats-the-hot-gossip-tell-me-everything-what-have-you-guys-been-listening-to-what-are-.jpg

which leader was it in ??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

What music shops would change a string on a guitar for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

Great lads to deal with for everything http://www.fsvltd.ie/

• Advertisement

The shop glessons thats explains it so. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Do tell......
    I suggest you remove your obnoxious little post

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Come on guys. You know the rules. Don't be naming people while name calling.

Lads looking @ tvs there, for the Sony Bravia they are all the same price as each other the stores, i thought they would be different in price. but no difference whats so ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Margins on TVs and electronics in general are seriously tight, think single digit %. You never see big discounts nor variables from retailer to retailer. I buy all my electrics and appliances from Finucanes in Eastway. If something breaks the big box places will fob you off, Finucanes won't and they are local owned so no exported euro to the UK or Oz.

Margins on TVs and electronics in general are seriously tight, think single digit %. You never see big discounts nor variables from retailer to retailer. I buy all my electrics and appliances from Finucanes in Eastway. If something breaks the big box places will fob you off, Finucanes won't and they are local owned so no exported euro to the UK or Oz.

O ya forgot about finucanes. Ya they do its handy when you know the manager & some of the staff as well though:p:p.

Any chance of a lend of a gold bar there.;). any rich sheik friends yet ?? LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

+1 for Finucanes , I'd say we have bought everything bigger than a kettle or toaster from them over the years .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not local but I've bought a few tv's from here - https://www.richersounds.ie/

They are based in Belfast but deliver to the Republic all the time. I found their prices cheaper than anywhere local and they give a 6 year warranty on most of the tv's they sell that's included in their prices. I had to use this warranty during the lock down when my tv starting acting up and they still had someone come and collect it. They have a forum on boards.ie also if you want to ask them questions. They will take payment in euro or sterling which ever suits you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Finucanes or Sean Hennessey I can recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Any chance of a lend of a gold bar there.;). any rich sheik friends yet ?? LOL

The Sheikhs have the quakes at the moment... oil is gone through the floor so they're holding on to their gold bars. I got 25 litres of petrol today for €11.

Advertisement