Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Toodles_27 wrote: »
    Use them all the time (Business). Sound bunch of lads. Never had an issue with their ink.

How does it work then? Can I just rock up with any empty cartridge and they somehow pour more ink into it and I can put it straight back into my Epson/HP/whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Louche Lad wrote: »
    How does it work then? Can I just rock up with any empty cartridge and they somehow pour more ink into it and I can put it straight back into my Epson/HP/whatever?

I asked this question at another shop a while back. Shops apparently don’t do that anymore. Even if ‘Refill’ is over the door they will sell you a new cartridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's like a gas canister exchange at least. You arrive with your empty and you're given a recently refilled one. Your empty is refilled some other time and given to someone else. If you arrive without an empty you pay more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Right which one of yee knicked the statue on cruises Street.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

sioda wrote: »

What, the singer from Quimper? Is she gone? It was cordoned off over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

What, the singer from Quimper? Is she gone? It was cordoned off over the weekend.

Yup gone this morning plinth is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

sioda wrote: »

bad time to look for someone to look @ back suspension, had something heavy in it @ the wk/end:rolleyes::rolleyes:.Good price for copper @ the moment;):cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

FFS that would have taken time to cut down and rob isn't there apartments on cruises st surely someone saw something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anyone know where I could pick up some rubber washers? I've tried Maurice Doodies and Heiton Buckley.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The joys of the random thread

Try Mcmahons Dock rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

Anyone know where I could pick up some rubber washers? I've tried Maurice Doodies and Heiton Buckley.

Thanks

Not too sure if it’s still there or not but I
    got some in Jim Corless on the Dublin rd. a few years back .

Do Wurth do rubber washers? They have a trade counter now.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm guessing it was taken away for a refurb? Can't imagine metal stealers would be so good as to cordon it off for a few days beforehand!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Berty wrote: »
    Do Wurth do rubber washers? They have a trade counter now.

Would these do?

https://www.halfords.ie/tools/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-assorted-washers-%28hfx504%29-4-14mm-178129.html

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Thanks

Hassetts on the Dock road are worth a try. Their business in nuts bolts and washers.

Thanks
    Co-op superstores in Raheen might have some there back door of the store area

Thanks

What are they for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Found suitable ones in B&Q, thanks for all the replies though.

I recently bought a metal garden shed which uses plastic washers for all the screws. Some of the washers got ripped apart when being screwed in which lead to some small leaks in the roof. Hoping these rubber ones will work much better.

Any one else have probs with AES falsely charging for bins like charging you for lifting when is not even put out & not collecting bins then other days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Any one else have probs with AES falsely charging for bins like charging you for lifting when is not even put out & not collecting bins then other days.
    I'm with them years and never had a problem. Is it only recently?

• Advertisement

adaminho wrote: »
    I'm with them years and never had a problem. Is it only recently?

(family member)ya last yearish end 2019 on charging for when u didnt even put out the bin & then when they didnt collect it & you ring them but the driver is gone & he wont be able to collect it. usual crap customer service. remember didnt they change the days of collection as well then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

(family member)ya last yearish end 2019 on charging for when u didnt even put out the bin & then when they didnt collect it & you ring them but the driver is gone & he wont be able to collect it. usual crap customer service. remember didnt they change the days of collection as well then.

We left earlier this year, as after a number of issues over the years, they didn't collect the bins. When we called them, they assured us that it would be collected that afternoon. 3 days later they finally said it wouldn't be collected until the next collection day (another 2 weeks). The bin was completely full, we moved, had our new bins within a few days and told AES to take their bins away. Terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Never had a problem with AES, have had them for 4 years.

Is the new crowd you got in better value? I change gas/electricity every year but haven't changed bins yet.

source wrote: »
    We left earlier this year, as after a number of issues over the years, they didn't collect the bins. When we called them, they assured us that it would be collected that afternoon. 3 days later they finally said it wouldn't be collected until the next collection day (another 2 weeks). The bin was completely full, we moved, had our new bins within a few days and told AES to take their bins away. Terrible service.
    Ya basically same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I know someone who had the false charging problem and it turned out their bin and the neighbours got swapped one week. It was the neighbour putting the bin out every collection. They both put big number stickers on their bins to make sure they took the correct one back in and issue didn’t reoccur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Cossax wrote: »
    Never had a problem with AES, have had them for 4 years.

Is the new crowd you got in better value? I change gas/electricity every year but haven't changed bins yet.

We went with Mr Binman, not sure about the fees as my wife looks after that bill. I believe it's slightly more expensive but we didn't have a compost bin with AES, just waste and recycling. We now have a compost bin and a glass bin also so it's definitely worth the extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

source wrote: »
    We went with Mr Binman, not sure about the fees as my wife looks after that bill. I believe it's slightly more expensive but we didn't have a compost bin with AES, just waste and recycling. We now have a compost bin and a glass bin also so it's definitely worth the extra.

I have the narrow compost bin and the same for glass with AES for the last 9 years. They are available depending on the option you choose. The compost is collected every second Monday and Glass every 3 months. I'm also signed up to text alerts for deliveries so they message me the night before. We have Mr. Binman at the family home and never had problems with either so whichever suits your price point.

Thanks lad folks manager rang back. told them to take their bins.Paying 30eish nearly to lift the bin each time.Aes are really are shower of robbing twats.

Thanks lad folks manager rang back. told them to take their bins.Paying 30eish nearly to lift the bin each time.Aes are really are shower of robbing twats.

Really, I pay €26 a month for 3 bins from them. Standard lifts.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Really, I pay €26 a month for 3 bins from them. Standard lifts.

ya worked it out when you payed the service charged plus the amount of times the bin was lifted & the manager was trying to say this was normal :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement