Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ya worked it out when you payed the service charged plus the amount of times the bin was lifted & the manager was trying to say this was normal :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

for €26 a month my green bin has a maximum yearly weight of 600kg overall so if I go over that I guess I pay more but every 2 weeks I'd struggle to get near that figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Berty wrote: »
    for €26 a month my green bin has a maximum yearly weight of 600kg overall so if I go over that I guess I pay more but every 2 weeks I'd struggle to get near that figure.

Ya and the green bin was rarely put out.Once every 2 month you be lucky.it would be mostly the blue recycling one when it was put out. this was not over flowing now or anything like that like the ones you see with the bins overflowing & the extra waste beside them. Law to them selves anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Ye're grand, myself and that Sniper fella are still keeping an eye on the place for ye. :cool:

Good to see I'm still remembered around these parts! :cool::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

The Snipe wrote: »
    Good to see I'm still remembered around these parts! :cool::pac:

Calm down, you're no Squid!

That stupid dooradoyle post office is a joke closed again an hour early today. Thank feck Roxboro was open as usual. Could def do with a proper one this side of the city

• Advertisement

Folks would B&Q be cheaper than Co-op super stores for power tools ??

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Folks would B&Q be cheaper than Co-op super stores for power tools ??

I'd imagine so and a bigger range as well. Have a look at screwfix.ie also. Great range, prices often very good and the carry some exclusive ranges that are cheap and work just as good as the high end stuff. What are you after?

I'd imagine so and a bigger range as well. Have a look at screwfix.ie also. Great range, prices often very good and the carry some exclusive ranges that are cheap and work just as good as the high end stuff. What are you after?

i need to get a cordless angle grinder for a place with no power. you think most of them coming nowdays without any battery packs they be cheaper but no they are the same price &the batteries then nearly cost as much as the tool.(screwfix in ennis is bit of a joke though never seem to have stock & Amazon would deliver quicker than they would)

i need to get a cordless angle grinder for a place with no power. you think most of them coming nowdays without any battery packs they be cheaper but no they are the same price &the batteries then nearly cost as much as the tool.(screwfix in ennis is bit of a joke though never seem to have stock & Amazon would deliver quicker than they would)

I've just selected the stores with the stock when I needed stuff and the delivery was quick enough. Never actually bought anything from the ennis store.
    Ya the batteries are the expensive bit now.

I've just selected the stores with the stock when I needed stuff and the delivery was quick enough. Never actually bought anything from the ennis store.
    Ya the batteries are the expensive bit now.
    thanks for you help anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Lookin to print photos off in Polaroid form. What's the best website to do so or is there anywhere in town you'd recommend?

Lookin to print photos off in Polaroid form. What's the best website to do so or is there anywhere in town you'd recommend?

Harvey norman now even have an App, you can add the photos, types you want(don't know about Polaroid) but you can then edit them and send them to the store for Printing. It was really handy recently when I needed just one 5x10 photo.

Harvey norman now even have an App, you can add the photos, types you want(don't know about Polaroid) but you can then edit them and send them to the store for Printing. It was really handy recently when I needed just one 5x10 photo.
    they still do in instore as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Newman's Cameras in Hogan's Chemist on Upr William St

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

phog wrote: »
    Newman's Cameras in Hogan's Chemist on Upr William St

The best around imo.

they still do in instore as well

Yes but much handier to do the editing from the comfort of your own home before having to go to store and use those machines.

Lads is salesians School still operating ? have to go out that way to old folks home & thats the time they get out@ 14.30 (but also remember they said something about it being closed down ? try to avoid traffic if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Lads is salesians School still operating ? have to go out that way to old folks home & thats the time they get out@ 14.30 (but also remember they said something about it being closed down ? try to avoid traffic if possible.

The secondary school is now educate together and the primary is also open. There will be traffic.

The secondary school is now educate together and the primary is also open. There will be traffic.

Thanks.its been a while since i was out that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Hi lads, only ever been to the milk Market on a Saturday.
    What is it like on a Sunday - worth going to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Hi lads, only ever been to the milk Market on a Saturday.
    What is it like on a Sunday - worth going to?
    Completely different experience really, scaled-back compared to Saturday with hardly any stalls. It's usually only Country Choice, Bon Appetit, and Harpers that are open. Maybe a smattering of others. Still worth going to for one of the crepes from Bon Appetit imo! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Is there any other car insurance websites similar to Chill.ie? They're the only site giving me back quotes that don't cost more than the car, but because the year of registration in Ireland is 08 rather than 06 (year of manufacture), they won't insure it. Going through Zürichs own website they'll only give me third part fire and theft, whereas Chill did have a fully comp quote from them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Is there any other car insurance websites similar to Chill.ie? They're the only site giving me back quotes that don't cost more than the car, but because the year of registration in Ireland is 08 rather than 06 (year of manufacture), they won't insure it. Going through Zürichs own website they'll only give me third part fire and theft, whereas Chill did have a fully comp quote from them.
    AIG came in cheapest for me

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

angeldaisy wrote: »
    AIG came in cheapest for me

As weird as it sounds just4women were cheapest for me by a long shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

yop wrote: »
    As weird as it sounds just4women were cheapest for me by a long shot!

Quoted me 3k + with a clean license and 9 years NCB. The car being 14 years old is probably not going to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

You need to start ringing insurance companies, websites for cars like that are worthless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As per above, ring around the various brokers too and let them do some of the leg work for you. Online quoting algorithms are only designed towards anything that falls within their idea of normal or average. If something wonders outside that then they start quoting silly figures.

I had a 15 year car when trying to insure it and yep the age is the problem. Some quoting 3k for a car worth much less. My workaround to it was to insure a different car* with 123.ie and then change the car to the 15 year old car a few days later.

*had an insurable interest in the other car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Is there any other car insurance websites similar to Chill.ie?

Call Kennco, they have given me some.decent quotes on non-standard and older cars in the past.

• Advertisement

I had a 15 year car when trying to insure it and yep the age is the problem. Some quoting 3k for a car worth much less. My workaround to it was to insure a different car* with 123.ie and then change the car to the 15 year old car a few days later.

*had an insurable interest in the other car

That's a great idea. ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Advertisement