Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Is there any other car insurance websites similar to Chill.ie? They're the only site giving me back quotes that don't cost more than the car, but because the year of registration in Ireland is 08 rather than 06 (year of manufacture), they won't insure it. Going through Zürichs own website they'll only give me third part fire and theft, whereas Chill did have a fully comp quote from them.

Give Allianz a look. I've known a few to get great quotes from them on older cars with clean driving history

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Quoted me 3k + with a clean license and 9 years NCB. The car being 14 years old is probably not going to help.

Mental!! I;m paying 510 for a 3 month old car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Give Allianz a look. I've known a few to get great quotes from them on older cars with clean driving history

Allianz :P:D:D biggest shower of crooks on the the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hey folks, anywhere around the city I can dispose of pallets for free?

TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Does anyone know where the "boundaries" of Raheen are? I'm updating the maps on Waze and Raheen didn't exist at all as a suburb on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Allianz :P:D:D biggest shower of crooks on the the planet

How so? Genuine question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Does anyone know where the "boundaries" of Raheen are? I'm updating the maps on Waze and Raheen didn't exist at all as a suburb on it...

It's as far as the outskirts of Churchill Meadows and also once you go past Raheen Foodstore you're into Dooradoyle afaik. Think it extends down to St. Nessans school and out as far as the lough pre roundabout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Sorry folks have to delete

Back to AES from a few pages back, with them since 2015 never had a problem last 2 weeks neither recycling or rubbish bin collected, joke of a service at the minute.

They said truck passed my house and was in area but no bins were collected in the estate at all.

kilburn wrote: »
    Back to AES from a few pages back, with them since 2015 never had a problem last 2 weeks neither recycling or rubbish bin collected, joke of a service at the minute.

They said truck passed my house and was in area but no bins were collected in the estate at all.

Welcome to the Club the fun begins with the bull**** excuses they give.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They are an absolute shower

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

I've been with them for over 2 years now in 2 different houses, they're collecting super early these days. Normally been and gone before I log into work.

I've been with them for over 2 years now in 2 different houses, they're collecting super early these days. Normally been and gone before I log into work.

Maybe that's the problem I put bin out in the morning as the local brain dead teens would kick it around the road if I put it out the night before.

Maybe that's the problem I put bin out in the morning as the local brain dead teens would kick it around the road if I put it out the night before.

Ours is collected latest 10am these days and thats the food bin, many Thursdays for the main or recycling bin its well before 9am as the truck normally arrives as my alarm goes off for work.

Its way earlier in recent months as I'd normally hear them arrive when I was WFH around lunch but now its collected before I even log in.

Ours is collected latest 10am these days and thats the food bin, many Thursdays for the main or recycling bin its well before 9am as the truck normally arrives as my alarm goes off for work.

Its way earlier in recent months as I'd normally hear them arrive when I was WFH around lunch but now its collected before I even log in.

earliest they collect would be 06.30 & u hear the truck reversing a mile away. but if it is the whole estate i doubt thats a factor it more than likely the company themselves. The bin was still there @ 11.00 & even 12.00 some weeks.

earliest they collect would be 06.30 & u hear the truck reversing a mile away. but if it is the whole estate i doubt thats a factor it more than likely the company themselves. The bin was still there @ 11.00 & even 12.00 some weeks.

There's only 2-3 houses out of 50 with AES in my estate (most are with Mr Binman or some other company) but our house is at the entrance so we can hear then coming in every second Monday and every Thursday (as no other bins are out on these days) but its way earlier than it once was. If we didn't put the bins out the night before we'd be risking it putting them out before 8am when himself leaves for work.

Our bedroom window is in the wars so I can confirm they're definitely coming to the Monaleen area each binday because they normally wake me up every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

So perhaps they're not a "joke of a service" at all?

Definitely are I checked my CCTV and no truck was there when they said it was.

:pac::pac::pac::pac: April fools day is gone. they are a bunch of cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

AES collect my bin near monaleen between 6.30 and 7am. Bin has to be left out the night before.

• Advertisement

Harambe wrote: »
    AES collect my bin near monaleen between 6.30 and 7am. Bin has to be left out the night before.
    thats the same time in Raheen but some days it would be still there @11.00 /12.00. They blame the drivers then when u ask anything.

Folks how much did everyone's insurance go up this year mine only went up double digits but I have only 6yrs Ncb this Yr due to false exaggerated claim. From before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Folks how much did everyone's insurance go up this year mine only went up double digits but I have only 6yrs Ncb this Yr due to false exaggerated claim. From before.

With the AA they wanted 1400 this year when last year was 900, with ten years NCB. Went through O'Sullivans insurance broker and they got me a quote of €775 with Zurich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mine was pretty much the same as last year, €700 on a 3 litre car with max NCB but it's of little relevance as insurance costs are different for everyone. If you had a claim then your premium tends to get loaded and stays loaded on a diminishing scale for x number of years until your NCB is rebuilt. There are other factors on top of that too including that the insurance company raised your pre NCB discounted premium also if they have statistics to show your age group or location, etc made more claims. Insurance companies use all sorts of risk equations to arrive at pricing, however the insurance industry here don't make this very transparent to consumers. Then at the other side of the divide you have the crazy injury claims structure, ambulance chasing solicitors and comp culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Dropped by a couple of hundred as we moved from Limerick and it's now based in a lower loaded county. 2 litre BMW 4 series.

Dropped by a couple of hundred as the county it is based in changed from a higher loading to a lower loaded county. 2 litre BMW 4 series.

Hope it's black and 4 door !

With the AA they wanted 1400 this year when last year was 900, with ten years NCB. Went through O'Sullivans insurance broker and they got me a quote of €775 with Zurich.

Fecking hell I am not bad so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Fecking hell I am not bad so

Yeah probably doesn't help me that the car is almost 15 years old and situated in what they'd class a high risk area (Kings Island).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hope it's black and 4 door !

It sure is.... do we know each other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

My quote from Zurich through O'Sullivans is exactly the same, 14 year old car

Advertisement