Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

kilburn wrote: »
    This is my favourite thread in the forum..........

:)

You’d be afraid to say something in some of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

087794881x doing the rounds. Crypto currency scam

Mod edit to remove mask unverified number

Some crypto wallet crowd, “ledger” got hacked. All user names, addresses emails and phones released

Some crypto wallet crowd, “ledger” got hacked. All user names, addresses emails and phones released

Never heard of that crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Pigtownlad wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can buy Kilkenny Cream Ale cans? I usually get them in SuperValu Castletroy but they are out of stock?

I saw them in Dunnes Jetland and Fine Wines Roxboro recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pigtownlad

I saw them in Dunnes Jetland and Fine Wines Roxboro recently.

Thank you 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Breakdancing in Limerick city 1984:

I wonder where they are now?

O'Connell Street used to be a two way system back then. For all the Millennials that box they put the music cassette into was known as a ghetto blaster. No Spotify back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Is E.I Electronics a good place to work ???
    everyone is always saying its a good place
    That could take a turn like Molex which finally closed last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Is E.I Electronics a good place to work ??? everyone is always saying its a good place That could take a turn like Molex which finally closed last week

Has a fairly good reputation and they are expanding, local business also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

Is E.I Electronics a good place to work ???
    everyone is always saying its a good place
    That could take a turn like Molex which finally closed last week

They're going since 1960 and as already said, very supportive of local jobs and clubs etc. I know a few people working there and they all speak well of it.

Thanks lads & ladies

• Advertisement

Anyone spotted the signs on poles in Corbally, black marker on white paper wrapped in plastic giving out about dog sh.... on the footpaths as others have to use them.....

Fair play to them although I say the biggest dog Shi..... ever at the base of the pole.

Like the chicken and the egg I presume the sign came after the thing on the path or was it a protest sh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Hey folks, is there anywhere around town that does iPad repairs?

The lads PC repair on William Street were quoting me €60 for parts & labour which is great but unfortunately their supplier didn't have to correct part.

I tried Compu B and they quoted me €278...

All suggestions welcome, thanks.

try have used them once or twice for iphones
    https://www.macrepair.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thank you to some good citizens for some 7am entertainment in Dunnes Jetland(before work - no way I was going after 3pm). People arguing with staff, today, and every single year, "But, It's for Christmas, I'm not drinking it now" as though they can be trusted to be sold alcohol just because it's Christmas. One couple, just couldn't understand why they couldn't buy wine and came out "But, it's only table wine".

We did book a slot and car park was filling up around 6:45am. No queue to get in, booking didn't seem to matter as there was no queue. Drapery section was open as well which I found a little odd, people browsing clothes and stuff at 6:45am. When we left 45 mins later the queue was snaking all the way around the shopping centre.

All throughout Covid19 with supermarket queues I hoped that all Supermarkets would limit numbers in the shop, we're used to queueing for stuff now and thankfully they did this and it was just like a normal shop(albeit 6:45am).

Berty wrote: »
    Thank you to some good citizens for some 7am entertainment in Dunnes Jetland(before work - no way I was going after 3pm). People arguing with staff, today, and every single year, "But, It's for Christmas, I'm not drinking it now" as though they can be trusted to be sold alcohol just because it's Christmas. One couple, just couldn't understand why they couldn't buy wine and came out "But, it's only table wine".

We did book a slot and car park was filling up around 6:45am. No queue to get in, booking didn't seem to matter as there was no queue. Drapery section was open as well which I found a little odd, people browsing clothes and stuff at 6:45am. When we left 45 mins later the queue was snaking all the way around the shopping centre.

All throughout Covid19 with supermarket queues I hoped that all Supermarkets would limit numbers in the shop, we're used to queueing for stuff now and thankfully they did this and it was just like a normal shop(albeit 6:45am).

Thats always the way sure :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1342788421354475520

Blake was sprung from Wormwood scrubs by Limerick man Sean Bourke. Both escaped to Moscow but eventually Bourke returned to Limerick where he wrote the book "The springing of George Blake". He Died in Kilkee in 1982, allegedly poisoned by the KGB. He's buried just inside the wall on the right side of Mt. St. Laurences old cemetery. He used to drink in the Munster Fair Tavern and there were stories of nights where you would have MI6 and KGB agents sitting at the bar listening to see if he would say anything while drinking!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Bourke

adaminho wrote: »

Blake was sprung from Wormwood scrubs by Limerick man Sean Bourke. Both escaped to Moscow but eventually Bourke returned to Limerick where he wrote the book "The springing of George Blake". He Died in Kilkee in 1982, allegedly poisoned by the KGB. He's buried just inside the wall on the right side of Mt. St. Laurences old cemetery. He used to drink in the Munster Fair Tavern and there were stories of nights where you would have MI6 and KGB agents sitting at the bar listening to see if he would say anything while drinking!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vof1lCvY_KA

adaminho wrote: »

Can neither confirm or deny that folks :cool::cool:

Can neither confirm or deny that folks :cool::cool:

Seeing as your nephew liked it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hey Guys,
    Happy Christmas to all boardsies .

Anyone have any idea where I can pick up a Cocktail shaker in the City ?
    Need to get a Margarita production line going😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    Happy Christmas to all boardsies .

Anyone have any idea where I can pick up a Cocktail shaker in the City ?
    Need to get a Margarita production line going😀

Any good off lisence should have one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

sioda wrote: »
    Any good off lisence should have one

Hi, I’ve tried the usual suspects, offies, Argos, Allen’s, BT’s, TK Maxx, Homestore and More... no joy yet 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Hi, I’ve tried the usual suspects, offies, Argos, Allen’s, BT’s, TK Maxx, Homestore and More... no joy yet 😩

How about o'Brien's or the Fine Wines party store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Tiger or solatres green or whatever it's called on Bedford row

Anyone know of any motor factors or breakers that will open before Jan 4th? All look to be closed until then. James Bond Junior....I'm looking at you here even though you're located a million miles away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Range normally have a good stock of barware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Anyone know of any motor factors or breakers that will open before Jan 4th? All look to be closed until then. James Bond Junior....I'm looking at you here even though you're located a million miles away :pac:

Not sure when they are open.. 🙈

Edit: Checked for you, 29th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Anyone know where I would get a bottle of Butterscotch liqueur ?

Tried all the usual off licenses .

jonski wrote:
    Anyone know where I would get a bottle of Butterscotch liqueur ?

You should be able to get it in Tesco Coonagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

REDD'S PAPAJA I LIMONKA

Anyone know where you can buy cans of this drink?

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    REDD'S PAPAJA I LIMONKA

Anyone know where you can buy cans of this drink?

Did u try the Polish shops ???

Advertisement