Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Clareman wrote: »
    I didn't know that, I'll reopen the old 1 when I'm back on desktop or feel free to start a new 1 with that news story

i'd prefer if you did it, make it more official

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Clareman wrote: »
    That's Foynes isn't it??
    Coonagh actually:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The_Dave wrote: »
    Coonagh actually:D

Limerick is a big county stretching all the way from Fanore down to the Cork border so it needs plenty of airports

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Limerick is a big county stretching all the way from Fanore down to the Cork border so it needs plenty of airports

I always find it interesting that Charleville, Newport, Nenagh, and 2 of the 3 Shannon clubs play in the Limerick District Junior soccer leagues. Makes for some long journeys of a Sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I always find it interesting that Charleville, Newport, Nenagh, and 2 of the 3 Shannon clubs play in the Limerick District Junior soccer leagues. Makes for some long journeys of a Sunday morning!

Well tbf they'd all be closer to the city than Abbeyfeale, and I'm sure there's probably other teams from the county who Charleville would possibly be closer to the city than. Also think the Shannon teams returned to the Clare a few years back because they play summer football.

• Advertisement

Everyone just desperately want to be part of Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Well tbf they'd all be closer to the city than Abbeyfeale, and I'm sure there's probably other teams from the county who Charleville would possibly be closer to the city than. Also think the Shannon teams returned to the Clare a few years back because they play summer football.

Spent many a morning knocking around Div 2b, The discover Ireland league!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Spot on.

Coincidentally, I played a game against them (Abbeyfeale) in the Desmond League in the not-too-distant past. Long drive, but great facilities. I'd say they were sickened when the season was cancelled cause they were the favourites to win the league that year.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

adaminho wrote: »
    Spent many a morning knocking around Div 2b, The discover Ireland league!

I had 3 seasons in that league, when football was black and white! :p
    Got 50 shades of s((T(E( kicked out of me by I think it was Ballynanty Rovers (back in the 90s!)

yop wrote: »
    I had 3 seasons in that league, when football was black and white! :p
    Got 50 shades of s((T(E( kicked out of me by I think it was Ballynanty Rovers (back in the 90s!)

Balla B out in Bateman park! Also had the likes of Croom, Meanus, Manister and Ballylanders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

adaminho wrote: »
    Balla B out in Bateman park! Also had the likes of Croom, Meanus, Manister and Ballylanders.

Was a lot of good honest football played there. I think a bit of what they now call sledging :D

Was a lot of good honest football played there. I think a bit of what they now call sledging :D
    It's called banter or bants now:P

It's called banter or bants now:P

It would be a court case now I'm sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

It would be a court case now I'm sure :D

your def right there:D:D:D gone too soft

your def right there:D:D:D gone too soft

I was always soft, just the gardai wouldn't listen to me :D

Was good craic though, I miss that side of it. Good banter on the lines in Dell then with the opposition :)
    Especially the lad who arrived over from Scotland in the Rangers jersey!! :p

I was always soft, just the gardai wouldn't listen to me :D

Was good craic though, I miss that side of it. Good banter on the lines in Dell then with the opposition :)
    Especially the lad who arrived over from Scotland in the Rangers jersey!! :p

We ended up signing one of them to play in goals!

Used always have war with Meanus out in there place including our One armed kitman hitting someone over the head with a first aid kit!

I know it's Good Friday and there wouldn't have been any Junior matches on a Friday anyway, but man, today would be a glorious day for a game of football.

See all the fools queing for woodies again, u swear it was closed all week & year :D:D.

See all the fools queing for woodies again, u swear it was closed all week & year :D:D.
    I remember when those queues for offies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

I remember when those queues for offies:D

Are they open today? I've a thirst for a few bottles of IPA or something similar

• Advertisement

Are they open today?
    Surely, I mean we finally got the pubs and off-licences open but then a pandemic hit (basically I'm saying God is punishing the world cos of the Irish:P)

James Bond Junior Do u have your own thread now ?:P:D:D:

549648.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

No, not me!

No, not me!

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

Anyone meet the lads on the scramblers on the riverbank walk near UL recently, had to dodge them today around 4 near the fishermens cottages, tearing up along the walkway. Absolutely crazy, big scrambler bikes, and thick looking fellas, not giving a toss about anyone, was plenty of families about and cyclists too.
    They go scrambling behind Cooke medical and take the path all the way back into town.
    rang the guards and gave them details for what thats worth.

Just a heads up if ye are walking out there tomorrow,

Anyone meet the lads on the scramblers on the riverbank walk near UL recently, had to dodge them today around 4 near the fishermens cottages, tearing up along the walkway. Absolutely crazy, big scrambler bikes, and thick looking fellas, not giving a toss about anyone, was plenty of families about and cyclists too.
    They go scrambling behind Cooke medical and take the path all the way back into town.

Saw them a few times last year

stick in the spokes let the ****ers go into the river

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

stick in the spokes let the ****ers go into the river

Hey! dont pollute the rivers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What if they actually hit someone? All they'll get is a ban from driving (useless) and maybe a fine (they wont pay). Worst they'll get is a suspended sentence despite all their previous convictions.

A prominent figure in Limerick once said about the plans for Greenway connecting the city to the suburbs that scrambler biking wouldnt occur because of the people out walking and enjoying the route, just goes to show that simply wouldnt happen. Its why we cant have nice things, the minority destroying it for the majority

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    What if they actually hit someone? All they'll get is a ban from driving (useless) and maybe a fine (they wont pay). Worst they'll get is a suspended sentence despite all their previous convictions.

A prominent figure in Limerick once said about the plans for Greenway connecting the city to the suburbs that scrambler biking wouldnt occur because of the people out walking and enjoying the route, just goes to show that simply wouldnt happen. Its why we cant have nice things, the minority destroying it for the majority

They prob claim garda harassment as usual.

Advertisement