Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Mc Love wrote: »
    What if they actually hit someone? All they'll get is a ban from driving (useless) and maybe a fine (they wont pay). Worst they'll get is a suspended sentence despite all their previous convictions.

A prominent figure in Limerick once said about the plans for Greenway connecting the city to the suburbs that scrambler biking wouldnt occur because of the people out walking and enjoying the route, just goes to show that simply wouldnt happen. Its why we cant have nice things, the minority destroying it for the majority

Loads of people use the place everyday and there are no problem so some days there is the odd scrambler but don't get too disheartened

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Met them further up with sulkies lately showing absolutely no regard for anybody. Witnessed them charging at a small boy on a bike and making no effort to slow down. It nearly ended badly

Met them further up with sulkies lately showing absolutely no regard for anybody. Witnessed them charging at a small boy on a bike and making no effort to slow down. It nearly ended badly

On the canal path with sulkies ?

breezy1985 wrote: »
    On the canal path with sulkies ?

Ya between the road bridge to the Clare side and the beach. Absolutely no respect for anybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Ya between the road bridge to the Clare side and the beach. Absolutely no respect for anybody!

Great time to drive a car down against them & knock the feckers off,be good for them then :D:D

• Advertisement

Sorry about all the questions but there's a beach?

No problem. Yes there is a small beach back behind the the arena. That's where all the people collected a few weeks back. It's a nice place when quiet but you can get all sorts there in the warm weather.

GPS location 52.675597,-8.564586

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Yup, small little place that in true Limerick word play is called Sandy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Poorside wrote: »
    Yup, small little place that in true Limerick word play is called Sandy.

Did anyone else refer to the beachy stream area out by Rosbrien as Sandy as well? It’s located between what is. now the back of Kilteragh and the railway line to the Cement Factory.

Did anyone else refer to the beachy stream area out by Rosbrien as Sandy as well? It’s located between what is. now the back of Kilteragh and the railway line to the Cement Factory.

Yeah I'm from that general area and we called it Sandy

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm from that general area and we called it Sandy

Sandy is a small little Beach alright :P:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

needed the car cleaned last minute so booked in to Crystal valet in Harvey's Quay. did a great job pleasantly surprised.
    just hate having to fork out for parking in there!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

angeldaisy wrote: »
    needed the car cleaned last minute so booked in to Crystal valet in Harvey's Quay. did a great job pleasantly surprised.

You'd think you'd get free parking with the valet!

MarkR wrote: »
    You'd think you'd get free parking with the valet!
    ya your right, other places you do i think. Always money hungry in Harveys Quay anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

ya your right, other places you do i think. Always money hungry in Harveys Quay anyway.

absolutely, wouldn't be my first choice, because of location. which is a shame as its so handy

angeldaisy wrote: »

Had to pay for parking in arthurs quay when I got my yoke valeted there too when I went to get a filling. That was an expensive hour :rolleyes: :pac:

Had to pay for parking in arthurs quay when I got my yoke valeted there too when I went to get a filling. That was an expensive hour :rolleyes: :pac:

does that trick still work with tesco they validate your parking when u shop there.:p:p:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Group of fine young upstanding citizens at the bridge before the grove island roundabout hopping rocks off cars all with hoods up and electric scooters, so watch out if passing this evening or any other.

Hopefully no one gets hurt such a stupid dangerous thing to do.

Guards called but they will long gone.

kilburn wrote: »
    Group of fine young upstanding citizens at the bridge before the grove island roundabout hopping rocks off cars all with hoods up and electric scooters, so watch out if passing this evening or any other.

Hopefully no one gets hurt such a stupid dangerous thing to do.

Guards called but they will long gone.

Pity their electric scooters couldn't accidently get rolled over it might teach them a lesson then,since their parents can't control them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Can anyone recommend a good Mortgage Broker around town? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

My go to answer for this question.
    https://www.johnmullane.net/

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

https://www.fcfs.ie

Folks anyone one use the German amazon before. Question how come say something is say 630€ all the way up to the checkout then it jumps 40€ in price @the end when paying doesn't say what for though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Folks anyone one use the German amazon before. Question how come say something is say 630€ all the way up to the checkout then it jumps 40€ in price @the end when paying doesn't say what for though

VAT no doubt. Our VAT rate and the German VAT rate is different. They are 19% and we are back to 23% so likely that is what you're seeing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yeah, I'd say it's VAT, check out the online buying forum on here they'll know for definite

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583

Thanks lads prob was it was. It nearly just as cheap so buy phone in UK amazon rather than de amazon.by thr time convert sterling to euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

lads/ladies/ bonds is starbucks the only real place open in town at the moment after 17:30 ? like unless one wants a takeaway pint what is the options ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone know the snooker hall I think close to Donky Fords? The floor around the perimeter was not parallel to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Thanks lads prob was it was. It nearly just as cheap so buy phone in UK amazon rather than de amazon.by thr time convert sterling to euro

Just be weary that if the total cost is over €150, you'll have to pay Vat and possibly customs duty too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's a bit of a minefield buying online now, I'd recommend asking in the online buying forum to make sure you're not wasting money, I've heard of people saving a fiver on Amazon.co.uk but it ended up costing over €20 more once duties were paid.

Advertisement