Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Clareman wrote: »
    It's a bit of a minefield buying online now, I'd recommend asking in the online buying forum to make sure you're not wasting money, I've heard of people saving a fiver on Amazon.co.uk but it ended up costing over €20 more once duties were paid.
    a21903025c0681166a335b2dd50014d3--catholic-fandoms.jpg
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:;);):D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

a21903025c0681166a335b2dd50014d3--catholic-fandoms.jpg
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:;);):D:D:D:D

I know it's a joke but I think it's the Irish government who are collecting the taxes, you are importing products into the EU so there's duty due on whatever you get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^ so it's the catholic's that are up to no good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

If you buy anything from Amazon.co.uk you are charged the Irish vat and customs at the checkout so you know exactly how much it will cost before you place the order .

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

jonski wrote: »
    If you buy anything from Amazon.co.uk you are charged the Irish vat and customs at the checkout so you know exactly how much it will cost before you place the order .

Is that only above E22?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Is that only above E22?

I haven't bought anything below €22 in a while so not sure what happens with that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

jonski wrote: »
    I haven't bought anything below €22 in a while so not sure what happens with that .
    No Customs on anything €22 or lower, until July 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

The_Dave wrote: »
    The god damn Amazon bargains on the bargains alerts page under 22 quid I have bought recently is kinda ridiculous but you know another WiFi bulb is always needed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

sioda wrote: »
    The god damn Amazon bargains on the bargains alerts page under 22 quid I have bought recently is kinda ridiculous but you know another WiFi bulb is always needed.

I bought a bar of soap off it, 50c or something like that, just spotted it and remembered I needed soap, that was the worst online shopping I think I've ever done.

Clareman wrote: »
    I bought a bar of soap off it, 50c or something like that, just spotted it and remembered I needed soap, that was the worst online shopping I think I've ever done.

well i just burned a hole now in the card:D:D:D:D If you cant treat your self once then feck it. Work hard enough:cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

House in limerick sells in 23 minutes on daft, 30k over asking price. I knew houses were selling quick didn't realise that quick.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/628662/quick-sale-limerick-home-sells-in-just-23-minutes.html

House in limerick sells in 23 minutes on daft, 30k over asking price. I knew houses were selling quick didn't realise that quick.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/628662/quick-sale-limerick-home-sells-in-just-23-minutes.html

Must def have money to burn so when then they can buy a house just like that & offer over the price for it. like saying i buy the house & here is a new car as well for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not really, its down to supply and demand. More buyers than sellers out there at the moment. Covid has also restricted the building of new property which reduces options for buyers and boosts demand for second hand property. While the seller got above their asking price they will also pay above average for another property too unless downsizing. The biggest winner was probably the auctioneer, didn't have to do much to collected their commission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'm watching Daft from afar and prices are going nuts. I'll be going back to my house in Ballinacurra and staying put a few years, there is going to be an almighty correction yet in my opinion. Once covid eases away the cash rich buyers will fade also and normal saving circumstances kick back in. I doubt the WFH thing is going to be quite as prevalent as people believe. I have all my employees on site at the moment and believe me, WFH is doable but it's not necessarily better and in many cases less productive IMO.

Was a cheap one in Cois Ghruda. Near owner have to do some DIY.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Was a cheap one in Cois Ghruda. Near owner have to do some DIY.

Near student villages ?? feck that you would have no peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

You could do a lot worse than living in Castletroy near some students in Limerick

breezy1985 wrote: »
    You could do a lot worse than living in Castletroy near some students in Limerick

I Know, but i lived for a time in Cardboard city so thats why i am like that, never had an ounce of peace with the neighbours.

It's quiet there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I Know, but i lived for a time in Cardboard city so thats why i am like that, never had an ounce of peace with the neighbours.

Cardboard city in London or is there another one I dont know about ?

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Cardboard city in London or is there another one I dont know about ?
    Around elm Court area was also called cardboard City cause of the houses walls being very thin.& not good quality

YFlyer wrote: »
    It's quiet there.

I hope so lol:D

I hope so lol:D

Well away from College Court.

anyone know the Dpd limerick area driver ?

fecking twats used interparcel they put & screwed up last part of address by adding abbeyfeale to it

james bond
    26 aston martin
    rusty bike
    raheen Tr1T
    Abbeyfeale
    limerick V23
    even the eircode is screwed up the start is down @ limerick.

still in transit anyway only posted yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

anyone know the Dpd limerick area driver ?

fecking twats used interparcel they put & screwed up last part of address by adding abbeyfeale to it

james bond
    26 aston martin
    rusty bike
    raheen Tr1T
    Abbeyfeale
    limerick V23
    even the eircode is screwed up the start is down @ limerick.

still in transit anyway only posted yesterday

There are loads of them, they have a lot of temp/new drivers right now too. Have you tried calling the depot in Annacotty 061 358888? They might be able to help you out.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    There are loads of them, they have a lot of temp/new drivers right now too. Have you tried calling the depot in Annacotty 061 358888? They might be able to help you out.

****e thanks. i though there might be a set one for the one side of city thanks i try it tuesday

****e thanks. i though there might be a set one for the one side of city thanks i try it tuesday

They do have areas alright but I believe they do overlap a bit. They must have about 30 or 40 vans on the road at the moment. I don't have direct knowledge but I work close by to the depot.

Sorry for being of little no help to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Limerick , Nenagh and Shannon depots were combined so you see a lot more vans out there in Annacotty for that reason.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Limerick , Nenagh and Shannon depots were combined so you see a lot more vans out there in Annacotty for that reason.

It’s a big depot alright. The Limerick and North Tipp are together for a good while now. It was crazy there altogether around Christmas. They also seem to have some sort of space/resource sharing with GLS.

Advertisement