Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you create a new power source outside in a field of an ESB pole

Options
  • 25-01-2019 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi was wondering if you could create a power source outside in a field. It's an off farm no meter box or buildings. ESB lines running through the field so is it possible to get ESB or elecctricion to create a power source from the poles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Yes it is. ESB can provide connections for the likes of electric fences and the like.

I think they have an annual standing charge as opposed to having the meter read.

I imagine a good solar electric fence would be cheaper in the long run however

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭derferjam

Yes it is. ESB can provide connections for the likes of electric fences and the like.

I think they have an annual standing charge as opposed to having the meter read.

I imagine a good solar electric fence would be cheaper in the long run however
    Do you know how long it takes to get it installed or at what cost. An electric fence is exactly what i need it for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

derferjam wrote: »
    Do you know how long it takes to get it installed or at what cost. An electric fence is exactly what i need it for

Never done it myself, so couldn't say. The lads over on the farming forum m might be better help.

I am pretty sure you'll have to build a small switch room to house the meter and fuse box for them too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,552 ✭✭✭✭ted1

derferjam wrote: »
    Hi was wondering if you could create a power source outside in a field. It's an off farm no meter box or buildings. ESB lines running through the field so is it possible to get ESB or elecctricion to create a power source from the poles

Depends what voltage the lines are. They maybe medium voltage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Advertisement
Advertisement