Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace PS4 Hard Drive as cheaply as possible

Options
  • 25-01-2019 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi. My nephew's PS4 isn't working. It's prompting me to reinstall the system software via USB. I tried that and it installed and restarted, however it then began checking the system storage before failing and taking me right back to where I began. I think the hard drive might be busted.

I think it's worth trying to install another hard drive before splashing out on a new console. Could someone please direct me to the best-priced drive that meets the required specifications. I assume 500GB is the minimum I'll need?

I was hoping I could get something for about 50 quid, or is that being too tight? It's my old PS4 and my nephew is basically just using it as a Fortnite machine so needless to say I don't want to spend too much.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Amazon for online and Argos if you wanna buy it locally would be my shout. Any drive under 9mm should be fine.

If you just wanna replace with a 500gb 5400rpm drive and not up the storage a €50 budget should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Emtec

Pocket one up for a tenner in CeX and installed it in less than 40 minutes. Cheers for the advice.

Advertisement