Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bang And Olufsen speakers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

TomSweeney wrote: »

But for this price I hope it's not made in China.

Why not? If it's designed and engineered somewhere else does it really matter if it's made in China?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

In terms of ‘audiophile’ prices, although I’ve no doubt that’s a fine Bluetooth speaker, the price falls very much into the budget category. B&O represent themselves as an audiophile brand (and many people fall for it :D), but there’s no way that was made in the EU at that price. At least €100 of that is the ‘B’. Another €100 went in the ‘O’. The ‘&’ probably ate up another fifty quid...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's not Bang & Olufsen, it's their sister company, B&O Play - their more budget brand (believe it or not) - and yes, it's made in china.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,891 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Effects wrote: »
    Why not? If it's designed and engineered somewhere else does it really matter if it's made in China?

Aren't most of the world's electronics made in China now.

That €1200 iPhone for example.

You'd hardly call that junk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

NIMAN wrote: »
    Aren't most of the world's electronics made in China now.

That €1200 iPhone for example.

You'd hardly call that junk.

hmmm .. it's essentially useless after 2 years, so yeah I'd call it junk - overpriced junk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

If this is a "Made in China" issue then I reckon its going to be like a pantomime (Oh yes it is...... Oh no it isn't....... etc)

All phone manufacturers update their line every year/two years etc, the same can be said for TVs, loudspeakers, AV receivers etc - if it matters to you where its made then buy accordingly, whatever you buy will be replaced by something newer within about 12 months in any case so as the original question was about a B&O speaker, I reckon you should buy what pleases your ears first and take account of the look and feel of the object (if that matters to you) when you think about the price.

It's just a shame that people accept things breaking after 2 years and then buy another one - it's this that makes the companies get away with it.
    I know phone companies upgrade their line every 1/2 years, but that doesn't mean the older stuff should just become completely unusable.
    Maybe comparing phones with audio equipment is unfair though.
    My brother bought a technics CD player in 1992.
    That CD player is still a great player - plays CDs that are scratched that modern CD players can't deal with.
    That's quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

TomSweeney wrote: »
    It's just a shame that people accept things breaking after 2 years and then buy another one - it's this that makes the companies get away with it.
    I know phone companies upgrade their line every 1/2 years, but that doesn't mean the older stuff should just become completely unusable.
    Maybe comparing phones with audio equipment is unfair though.
    My brother bought a technics CD player in 1992.
    That CD player is still a great player - plays CDs that are scratched that modern CD players can't deal with.
    That's quality.

You're bang on there.

I've an old JVC cd player and it play's cd's that my more modern CD player won't play.

The older technology didn't burn out as fast.

Just an update, got the speaker and am very happy with it, excellent sound from it.
    I just hope it lasts, the problem is it needs to be charged every week or so - depending on use, and pluging in/out over time I guess might wear out the USB jack on the unit.
    Hope not tho.

Cos it's kicking sound out of it..

Advertisement