Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billed when I am no longer a customer

• 25-01-2019 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I received an email telling me that my bill is over €300. However, I have cancelled my EIR subscription and returned all my equipment.

My cancellation was within the 14 day cooling off period so as far as I am aware I should not have received this bill.

When I try to call up and resolve this issue I am greeted by an automated machine which demands I enter my account number. I enter my account number and find that it is not accepted. The is no way to talk to a human. For the same reason I cannot sign up to myEir so I am completely in the dark as to why I am being charged this bill.

I have tried phone calls, emails and online chat all with no response or success.

This has been ongoing for a number of months now and I had given up on trying to resolve this as it was taking up far too much time. However, I am now being told that if I do not pay this bill a Debt Collection Agency will be notified and my credit rating will be affected. As I said I have had no way to contact Eir until a friend suggested that I try here. 

Can someone look into this for me and tell me what the issue is?

Regards
    Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Ianinho wrote: »
    Hi

I received an email telling me that my bill is over €300. However, I have cancelled my EIR subscription and returned all my equipment.

My cancellation was within the 14 day cooling off period so as far as I am aware I should not have received this bill.

When I try to call up and resolve this issue I am greeted by an automated machine which demands I enter my account number. I enter my account number and find that it is not accepted. The is no way to talk to a human. For the same reason I cannot sign up to myEir so I am completely in the dark as to why I am being charged this bill.

I have tried phone calls, emails and online chat all with no response or success.

This has been ongoing for a number of months now and I had given up on trying to resolve this as it was taking up far too much time. However, I am now being told that if I do not pay this bill a Debt Collection Agency will be notified and my credit rating will be affected. As I said I have had no way to contact Eir until a friend suggested that I try here. 

Can someone look into this for me and tell me what the issue is?

Regards
    Ian
    Hi Ian, 

Sorry to hear you have not got this resolved. 

Could you PM the following details? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

As soon as I receive this information I will certainly look into this for you. 

- Grainne

Advertisement