Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone there? Can you help?

• 25-01-2019 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, Been trying to make some simple changes to my account but cant get in touch. Can you please help? Here has been my day so far.

A) Called 1901, after 40 minutes got through to someone who couldn't let me know the status of my contract, transferred to technical team. 20 minutes on hold and phone cut off.

B) Went to store, told to dial 1901. Left store.

C) Called 1901 40 minutes on hold, phone died.

E) Went to Webchat

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.
    Representative Mithun has joined the session
    Mithun
    [?15?:?00?:?35]
    Hello XXX, for contacting eir fixed care web chat. My name is Mithun. How can I help you?
    You
    [?15?:?02?:?31]
    Hi I would like to cancel my fixed line broadband, tv and landline package. I would like to keep the two mobile phone numbers live on the account on sim only plans. 
    Mithun
    [?15?:?04?:?17]
    I am sorry, I have limited access regarding service termination, for this I request you to please call on 1901, they will help you with this, you need to pay 30 days notice period and need to pay the rental for the remaining month if you are under contract.
    You
    [?15?:?05?:?01]
    I understand. I was onto them  and then got cut off and again on hold for 30 minutes. Is there no other way?
    You
    [?15?:?05?:?27]
    I also went into a store but they couldn't help
    Mithun
    [?15?:?06?:?43]
    I am sorry, there is no other way to cancel the account, please call again, you will surely be connected.

F)Called 1901 from charged phone. 32 minutes on hold phone cut off.

G) Called 1901, tried to enter my number, multiple times, robot said "goodbye".

H) This post

I) Starting to google "is Eir still in business"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Found Carolan Lennon on LinkedIn. Is it worth just sending her a message directly because dont know who else to contact.

Heello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Riamfada wrote: »
    Hi, Been trying to make some simple changes to my account but cant get in touch. Can you please help? Here has been my day so far.

A) Called 1901, after 40 minutes got through to someone who couldn't let me know the status of my contract, transferred to technical team. 20 minutes on hold and phone cut off.

E) Went to Webchat

Mithun
    Hello XXX, for contacting eir fixed care web chat. My name is Mithun. How can I help you?
    You
    Hi I would like to cancel my fixed line broadband, tv and landline package. I would like to keep the two mobile phone numbers live on the account on sim only plans. 
    Mithun
    I am sorry, I have limited access regarding service termination, for this I request you to please call on 1901, they will help you with this, you need to pay 30 days notice period and need to pay the rental for the remaining month if you are under contract.
    You
    I understand. I was onto them  and then got cut off and again on hold for 30 minutes. Is there no other way?
    You
    Mithun
    I am sorry, there is no other way to cancel the account, please call again, you will surely be connected.

H) This post

Hi Riamfada

Unfortunately we are unable to cancel accounts via our social media channels.  You can find details on how to cancel your account here.  If there is anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me further.

~Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eir: Linzi wrote: »

E) Went to Webchat

Mithun
    You
    Mithun
    You
    You
    Mithun

H) This post

Hi Riamfada

Unfortunately we are unable to cancel accounts via our social media channels.  You can find details on how to cancel your account here.  If there is anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me further.

~Linzi
    Linzi,

How may people are answering the phones in the loyalty team?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ElusiveHaggis

Davy wrote: »
    eir: Linzi wrote: »

E) Went to Webchat

Mithun
    You
    Mithun
    You
    You
    Mithun

H) This post

Hi Riamfada

~Linzi
    Linzi,

How may people are answering the phones in the loyalty team?
    On average you have to wait an hour or so listening to the distorted crackly waiting music. I hung up after an hour or so.

• Advertisement

Thanks Linzi. The details on that link are not correct as no one answers the phone. Can you provide an updated method to contact Eir? I tried again yesterday . Hung up after 25 minutes on hold. Can you escalate this to a manager or provide details of someone else I can contact. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

Hi Riamfada,

I am sorry to hear about your experience so far and I understand that you are frustrated. To cancel an account you would need to contact our Loyalty team on 1901. They will process this for you and send on a link within an email to verify details, they will advise you on all. 

You can also view all of our cancellation processes here.

~ Nicole

Advertisement