Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Joyce Jr V Martin O Donnell.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That was woeful.

How seriously do they take these fights? Don't think I've seen any where either fighter looks in any sort of decent shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

From a reading of the act the mention of consent is restricted to Section 1(b). there is no mention of consent in Section 1(a) so i dont think what you say about it not being assault is correct. Section 2(c) might give them an out if you assume that bating the head off each other is " generally acceptable in the ordinary conduct of daily life" for the people involved.

How exactly do you think sparring goes down in boxing gyms?

What about a game of hurling? Surely if someone hits me with a weapon (hurl), that's assault?
    Or rugby - what if someone tackles me and I fall and hurt myself. Assault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

It couldn’t possibly be assault as no punches were landed and barely any were even thrown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

It couldn’t possibly be assault as no punches were landed and barely any were even thrown.

Could possibly be an unwanted sexual advance with all the hugging that went on.

Is there a crime associated with the flagrant display of unnatural amounts of back hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Not true in fairness.

Our very best boxers are/were not travellers.

They do very well up to a point but I'm still waiting for someone to show me a traveller who can dig their heels in when the going gets tough.

Another thing (folk who have boxed only can answer) why can none take a body shot?

Tyson Fury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Anyone got any good videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

From a reading of the act the mention of consent is restricted to Section 1(b). there is no mention of consent in Section 1(a) so i dont think what you say about it not being assault is correct. Section 2(c) might give them an out if you assume that bating the head off each other is " generally acceptable in the ordinary conduct of daily life" for the people involved.

From my reading of it the “without the consent of the other” applies to both section 2(1)(a) and 2(1)(b).
    I know the word Or is used but I read this to mean that consent applies to either/or subsection A and B, as both are followed with the “without the consent of the other” before the subsection finishes and force is defined.

I believe section 2(c) is used to cover the type of behaviour that in other life may constitute assault. The example used in college being the jostling in a crowd that ought reasonably be expected at a football match or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

RobbieMD wrote: »
    From my reading of it the “without the consent of the other” applies to both section 2(1)(a) and 2(1)(b).
    I know the word Or is used but I read this to mean that consent applies to either/or subsection A and B, as both are followed with the “without the consent of the other” before the subsection finishes and force is defined.

I believe section 2(c) is used to cover the type of behaviour that in other life may constitute assault. The example used in college being the jostling in a crowd that ought reasonably be expected at a football match or whatever.

It is very possible you are correct. I have opened a thread on the legal discussion forum about this so as not to sidetrack this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What a fcuking disappointment.

Sh1te in a bucket is what that fight was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

BattleCorp wrote: »

Ya big robot ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

BattleCorp wrote: »

Reminds me of the time paddy " monkey face" ward took a bite out of Johny " girrafe neck" Nevin at the start of a fight and then tore off across three fields, two graveyards and a tesco carpark with the crowd chasing him most of the way shouting " your no good"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

I wonder where the money for the prize bounty came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Crock Rock wrote: »
    I wonder where the money for the prize bounty came from.
    An old woman's cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I know it's just hair pulling but at least there was contact made in this fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If you bite you're what?

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    If you bite you're what?

If you bite you're bet.
    I think it means if you bite you lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

tuxy wrote: »
    I know it's just hair pulling but at least there was contact made in this fight!

The women are as bad as the men. Barbaric culture.

Young Joe was up in court this morning and posted a live video

https://www.facebook.com/ellen.joyce.568/videos/1427637657366461/

Apparently the ones who reported him are sumbags. According to the comments, they should be burnt out for going to the Gards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Apparently the ones who reported him are sumbags. According to the comments, they should be burnt out for going to the Gards.

He's free.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

He's free.

Will the rematch go ahead now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Will the rematch go ahead now?

I think the last fight settled differences so don't think there is a rematch being asked for by either fighter.

That could change though.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Lovely culture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

Muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

He's free.
    He's a clown

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Robert Wolfe

Hi lads, I'm new to art of pikey boxing. Who are the up and coming fighters I should be aware off? What are the big family feuds?

Thanks.

Hi lads, I'm new to art of pikey boxing. Who are the up and coming fighters I should be aware off? What are the big family feuds?

Thanks.

They are all clowns

Thanks.

They are all clowns

They are all clowns

Please don't insult my sporting heroes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Will everyone calm down, RTE had that xfactor talent show thing on (not sure on the details, open to correction).

They were doing damage control with John Connors wife on singing. Classy. I would say if she didnt make the grade, there would have been tyres slashed in the carpark. Now you are free to make your own choice .... no intimidation there.

Will everyone calm down, RTE had that xfactor talent show thing on (not sure on the details, open to correction).

They were doing damage control with John Connors wife on singing. Classy. I would say if she didnt make the grade, there would have been tyres slashed in the carpark. Now you are free to make your own choice .... no intimidation there.

That wasn't John Connor's wife.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Please don't insult my sporting heroes!

No sport in them lads lol

No sport in them lads lol

And even less hero in them.

I see young Joe is hard in training for the rematch. What an athlete.

https://www.facebook.com/ellen.joyce.568/videos/1433565796773647?sfns=1

Advertisement