Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<mod snip> hanging outside McDonalds in Swords

Options
  • 25-01-2019 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I was walking with my partner past McDonalds up at the Plaza in Swords, Co. Dublin. I saw a child about 10 years of age smoking a cigarette. I just glanced back a second time. What followed was a tirade of abuse.

He was in a crowd of yobs ranging from his own age up to 16 or so.

I was called a specky fucking handicapper and that they'll break my jaw. My OH received simialar abuse. One of them approached us, but instead of retaliating or speaking back we just retreated. It wasn't worth it, God knows it could have been carrying a knife. So we just ignored it. Besides, I didn't want to involve a woman (my partner) in this fracas.

I doubt they'd hit a woman though, but you don't know.

It's not the fist time I've seen these scum vermin abusing passers-by.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Crock Rock wrote: »
    I was walking with my partner past McDonalds up at the Plaza in Swords, Co. Dublin. I saw a child about 10 years of age smoking a cigarette. I just glanced back a second time. What followed was a tirade of abuse.

He was in a crowd of yobs ranging from his own age up to 16 or so.

I was called a specky fucking handicapper and that they'll break my jaw. My OH received simialar abuse. One of them approached us, but instead of retaliating or speaking back we just retreated. It wasn't worth it, God knows it could have been carrying a knife. So we just ignored it. Besides, I didn't want to involve a woman (my partner) in this fracas.

I doubt they'd hit a woman though, but you don't know.

It's not the fist time I've seen these scum vermin abusing passers-by.

Anyone else notice this?

Never seen anything at all like that to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Well you have certainly come to the right place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Never seen anything at all like that to be honest

At the side entrance to McD in the plaza.

It approached my partner and me with quite hostility. We thought it was best to just ignore it. It might have had a weapon.

At the side entrance to McD in the plaza.

It approached my partner and me with quite hostility. We thought it was best to just ignore it. It might have had a weapon.

I don't be down there very often. Been in the shopping centre and I'd be getting the "any spare change for the bus pal" alright on the way out. But nothing that hostile

I don't be down there very often. Been in the shopping centre and I'd be getting the "any spare change for the bus pal" alright on the way out. But nothing that hostile

Must've been there at the wrong times so. They're vermin whateer they are or wherever they come from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

You probably reminded them of a teacher or social worker etc which they see as the class enemy and an object of hatred and derision to be attacked and derided at every opportunity.

No available sanctions or curbs and this is what happens.

Must've been there at the wrong times so. They're vermin whateer they are or wherever they come from.

Sorry to hear all the same. Country going down the pan sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Well, it IS Swords :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Never seen that myself tbh, bad luck / timing?

Thanks Ruraldweller56. As someone else said there's no fear of punishment.

I'm only 28 myself, if I ever spoke like that as a 10 year old never mind smoking I'd have been black and blue from my dad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Perhaps you are a speccy four eyed handicapper? Can hardly blame the young gentlemen for pointing out the obvious.

degsie wrote: »
    Well, it IS Swords :rolleyes:

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm sure they were on their way back from the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

degsie wrote: »

Harsh. Crap like that happens in all parts of the country these days sadly.

Nothing new here Swords has been a kip since the late 80s.

Also nothing new in the type of little ****es you ran into always been similar in every generation and most of them grow up to be bigger ****es.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

This sort of thing can happen anywhere, unfortunately. OP, did you go into the Garda station and report them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

Inquitus wrote: »
    That lad was born and bred in Portmarnock.

Just ignore that troll dregsy posting from their ivory tower.. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Postman Paddy Losty has received an infraction for personal abuse.

degsie - no more trolling or you'll earn yourself one too.

Homer - no slagging off other posters please. If you have a problem with a post, report it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op why not report this to the Gardai, explain your safety concerns and it's not on and threats shouldn't be tolerated.

Get onto local TDs also and maybe give the likes of 98fm talks or Niall Boylan a shout.

These situations left only then get out of control.

We need a police force that actually protects the decent people of society.

I've been threatened by kids but I can tell you if one comes at me or attacks me I will do everything in my power to defend myself if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nermal

This sort of thing can happen anywhere, unfortunately.

Anywhere in Ireland, perhaps. Not in say, Japan, or Singapore. Where did we go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

well you keep referring to him as it op so if you looked at him with that same attitude you probably deserved what you got. Maybe he thought i just put it back in its box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Your attitude stinks IT this and IT that. If you were in my area one of the 10 year olds would of been more convincing. Acta Non Verba

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Can u explain please?

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    well you keep referring to him as it op so if you looked at him with that same attitude you probably deserved what you got. Maybe he thought i just put it back in its box.
    Your attitude stinks IT this and IT that. If you were in my area one of the 10 year olds would of been more convincing. Acta Non Verba

In fairness I think the way it's written is open to interpretation. I've read and reread the OP and I never took 'it' to mean the child in question, but rather the behaviour and/or situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

In fairness I think the way it's written is open to interpretation. I've read and reread the OP and I never took 'it' to mean the child in question, but rather the behaviour and/or situation.

Really Behaviour or situation? His second post in the thread if you still believe he is referring to the behaviour please do yourself a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

It approached my partner and me...

It might have had a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Shove the young fella outta the way. Go to the big boy and lay him out. Nothing happens to these ***** when they do **** like this so you should be safe enough. Especially if you get the right judge. Helps if you have a junkie mother too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Eamonn8448 wrote:

Maybe the op didn't want to cause offence just in case they were gender neutral.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement