Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<mod snip> hanging outside McDonalds in Swords

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You never know these days, he ,she, it, cousin it, not applicable, unknown, kid could have looked like a girl but was a boy and as above didn't want to offend.

To be honest with you if I had any gobsheens like that threaten me I think I can call them whatever I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seems some people are taking this as a chance to take a misguided effort at denigrating the town, they can go....... themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Hi folks. Unfortunately, I rarely get a chance to use this account due to internet access.

I'd like to shadow what has been said already. Please don't belittle the town of Swords. It's a lovely town with great people and ammenaties. There are a scum element in all towns and cities (especially the bigger towns). Less so in smaller towns it's why I like living rural.

Swords is a grand spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

This is not just a Swords problem it is everywhere but nothing is been done about it. Seems most of North county Dublin has a problem with young tearaways as have most large towns. I have seen some disgraceful behavior around Swords. Young lads who dont give a sh1t about anyone. Having gone to school in Swords I always liked the town and people were always friendly, most still are to be fair.

I dont know what the answer is but a garda presence on the streets would be a start. There is a huge need for foot patrols around Swords, Balbriggan and other Fingal towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Garda presence on the streets is pointless, as they're not respected. These kids have no respect for anyone including the Gardaí. They'll hurl aduse at anyone.
    LeoB wrote: »
    This is not just a Swords problem it is everywhere but nothing is been done about it. Seems most of North county Dublin has a problem with young tearaways as have most large towns. I have seen some disgraceful behavior around Swords. Young lads who dont give a sh1t about anyone. Having gone to school in Swords I always liked the town and people were always friendly, most still are to be fair.

I dont know what the answer is but a garda presence on the streets would be a start. There is a huge need for foot patrols around Swords, Balbriggan and other Fingal towns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I am amazed there are not more vigilantes out crippling these scumbags for life. I sometimes wonder if the media & gardai keep quiet about such attacks, though I have seen a few in the last year going after gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I'll be up in swords centre tomorrow eve, say a prayer for those little chavs outside McDonald's cause I'll show them that the devil exists if they call me a handicapper lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Crock Rock wrote:
    Hi folks. Unfortunately, I rarely get a chance to use this account due to internet access.

Poor internet access in Swords???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

italodisco wrote: »
    I'll be up in swords centre tomorrow eve, say a prayer for those little chavs outside McDonald's cause I'll show them that the devil exists if they call me a handicapper lol

They must have tied you up as no report back ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

This sort of thing can happen anywhere, unfortunately.

Not here in leafy Clontarf. We don't allow McDonalds to open here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

italodisco wrote: »

SEND BACKUP POSTER DOWN I REPEAT POSTER DOWN

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note:Offensive title edited and thread closed - it's going nowhere now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement