Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Warning has been updated 7-A3-DC401-145-B-40-A5-874-D-F362260-C40-FC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ryan Gosling????

;)

who ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

pad199207 wrote: »
    Warning has been updated 7-A3-DC401-145-B-40-A5-874-D-F362260-C40-FC.jpg

Just beat me to it. Not saying too much about Thursday yet but for now will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Sun's out now here in Cratloe.
    Co Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smurph6

Sun is shining here in Cork city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Another heavy snow shower incoming. The Atlantic is really beefing up these showers. Westport 1c.

Grace has gone snow mad already.

absolutely! In 2010 I was stuck with no fuel etc ..... this time I could last a month...may as well enjoy it!

Serious snow, then sleet.... and so the day goes on...

Hope it goes well for folk everywhere, but this IS the precursor not the main event ...... The best is yet to come.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Loving the update from around the country. I would however like to draw peoples attention to the fact it has not really snowed unless it has snowed here on the east coast.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

In the middle of 2nd heavy snow shower this morning here in north Galway . The kids are loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Bright skies and no snow showers at all on the south coast (kinsale) a little worried as we are so coastal if its rain or snow we will see here. Loving the excitement and reports around the country though .. its a snowfest :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

sideswipe wrote: »
    Loving the update from around the country. I would however like to draw peoples attention to the fact it has not really snowed unless it has snowed here on the east coast.:P

And is it going to? I'm due to play a gig on Thursday night but want to know if I'm going to be stuck in a snow storm, and if I should cancel...

Graces7 wrote: »
    who ???

Grace!!!
    :D

I can’t attach images on this phone. Google him

RedPeppers wrote: »
    In the middle of 2nd heavy snow shower this morning here in north Galway . The kids are loving it

Kids and snow are a magical combination!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Let's see how far across the country these showers will get. Anything that falls later this evening and overnight is highly likely to settle particularly inland so some decent accumulations to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Snowing in South west Donegal now. We're along the coast, so I'd say there's little chance we'll get anything of significance lying. My child's three and never has seen enough snow that he could build a snowman. Love reading the snow threads every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Northern France is in for a pasting this evening...between 5 and 15 centimeters to hit Paris and other regions going towards the east....it will be short lived but they are getting it all the same unlike here

A westerly wind only brinks a scant covering at best to lowland Ireland...temperatures just not cold enough..... I would be very surprised if Thursday brought anything either except to areas over 250 metres..

Something else to consider. The showers are slow moving. Often Atlantic driven snow showers are swept away in minutes. These babies 20/30 mins and beefy.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

venusdoom wrote: »
    Snowing in South west Donegal now. We're along the coast, so I'd say there's little chance we'll get anything of significance lying. My child's three and never has seen enough snow that he could build a snowman. Love reading the snow threads every year.

I hear you. South Donegal on the coast here, I’ve a 9 year old who has never built a snowman 🙄 😔

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Now that the cloud is lifting, can see a good dusting of snow on Dublin Mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Northern France is in for a pasting this evening...between 5 and 15 centimeters to hit Paris and other regions going towards the east....it will be short lived but they are getting it all the same unlike here

A westerly wind only brinks a scant covering at best to lowland Ireland...temperatures just not cold enough..... I would be very surprised if Thursday brought anything either except to areas over 250 metres..

If there was an award for the most repeated message..

• Advertisement

ffarrell7 wrote:

250 meters you say. We are nearly on the coast here and getting hammered with snow showers this morning. Westport 1c and currently snowing.

Thursday could be good for southern counties. Fingers crossed for them.

shmaupel wrote: »
    I hear you. South Donegal on the coast here, I’ve a 9 year old who has never built a snowman �� ��

Last snowman I built was up on a North Sea isle when I was in an isolated house.

Made the dratted thing too near the back window and kept thinking it was an intruder.... This time will , if I manage one, make it along the drive near the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Last snowman I built was up on a North Sea isle when I was in an isolated house.

Made the dratted thing too near the back window and kept thinking it was an intruder.... This time will , if I manage one, make it along the drive near the road!

I really hope you get the chance Graces7!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Really hope I'm wrong but don't see them showers Making it to Dublin. the models are also keeping it mainly to the west nw/sw and some inland parts. Lamppost is all shiny and read to go regardless.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Icon chart from yesterday evening was correct, both GFS's were wrong. The band of precipitation fell as rain and not snow. Rain just cleared here a while ago. Brightening up now after a very dirty morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Once made a snowman in the middle of O'Connell Street Dublin. Student days - don't ask .... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ned Gerblanski

Lovely day here in reality. Hope we miss the white sh1te. Got work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

All sun and no snow here in the Midlands even though on accuweather it says it's snowing Hahaha.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Really hope I'm wrong but don't see them showers Making it to Dublin. the models are also keeping it mainly to the west nw/sw and some inland parts. Lamppost is all shiny and read to go regardless.

Dublin and east coastal counties unlikely to see much in the way of showers, if we're lucky we might get a dusting if showers make it this far east.

I have a feeling we may get some daytime showers but after dark, showers are likely to be restricted to the western half of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭dmcsweeney

Received several videos from my wife, snowing heavily at home (west of Macroom, Co Cork 200m ASL). Quite a nice build up on the grass.

Advertisement