Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Nothing Dublin 22! Not even frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Lashing rain North kk afraid to wake the kids they were praying for a snow day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snowing in Galway city, but it's actually melting the ice off the cars. Still caught myself off guard with an icy footpath

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Light snow in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We’re at 180 m here in Cavan. Hard penetrating frost overnight but bone dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Pouring down with rain here in Killorglin Co.Kerry

We have had 6.2mm of rain so far since around 4am

Current temp 4.1c dropping slowly
    Dew Point 2c dropping slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Whatever just fell in D12, like freezing rain. Roads and footpaths are treacherous...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Should be a fun day for some. Reports of snow in Galway all goes well for further up country. Expect an orange warning from Met Eilean by lunchtime for midland and Eastern counties. Will we go red??

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Snow shower in Delgany @65m asl about 30 mins ago. Fading quickly. Roads clearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

If you have an iPhone 6 or newer you can get altitude from the compass.you need to enable location services in the privacy settings first,

150m Kilkenny Laois border

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Raining on the n7 into Dublin at the red cow. Footpaths lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Snow just started, light covering Glencree valley Co wicklow. 220ASL

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Should be a fun day for some. Reports of snow in Galway all goes well for further up country. Expect an orange warning from Met Eilean by lunchtime for midland and Eastern counties. Will we go red??
    Will be a nightmare trying to collect kids from school if it does get upgraded but at the moment can't see anything falling bar rain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

screamer wrote: »
    If you have an iPhone 6 or newer you can get altitude from the compass.you need to enable location services in the privacy settings first,

150m Kilkenny Laois border

Just be careful, though. Some in-built GPS apps don't correct for the geodetic height and can therefore read around 55-60 metres too high. Not sure about the iPhone compass. Best is to confirm with My Elevation or gridreference.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Cold rain here in East Clare with gusts of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just looking at the rainfall forecast and the corresponding temps on met.ie I still think back edge snow for many is likely as this retreats. Extent of that precipitation could be the problem. That retreat could be from 3pm to 10pm so this is a long day ahead yet folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

red_bairn wrote: »
    Dublin CC dry as f***

Great. I was s bit worried that it might be slippery on the footpaths. Seems we got lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Just looking at the rainfall forecast and the corresponding temps on met.ie I still think back edge snow for many is likely as this retreats. Extent of that precipitation could be the problem. That retreat could be from 3pm to 10pm so this is a long day ahead yet folks.

Met Éireann seem confident of snow tonight for Dublin and Leinster. “Snow accumulations possible on lower levels” Bring it on baby

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Great. I was s bit worried that it might be slippery on the footpaths. Seems we got lucky

Dublin 7. Footpaths treacherous.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow reported at Belmullet, and sleet reported at Dublin AP, at 0700.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

The rain in greystones an hour ago has frozen solid onto paths in my area, real dangerous walk to the bus in my area

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Raining quite heavy now in North Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Something more like hail than snow falling here near Rathdrum. To commute or not now is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Dublin 7. Footpaths treacherous.

Parts of the footpaths in the city are very slippy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just stuck my head out of the door and the stone wall opposite of the old cowshed is all sparkly with falling ice crystals. So pretty! 150 years old so it could tell some tales.

Another half hour before i can see what is happening out there but feels colder than ever... wind rising too

west mayo offshore icefloe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Rain here on the Tipp/Limk border. No snow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Parts of the footpaths in the city are very slippy

Hope A and E is back to normal? Please take care

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Rain here in Dun Laoghaire.

No snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Snowing away and sticking readily. Westport 1c.

Advertisement