Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Graces7 wrote: »
    Oh bad luck!

You can get through from Kenmare to the avoca shop at the Gap then on to the straight road left to Sneem .

Yes but that’s molls gap and it’s pretty dodgy at the moment apparently.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is there any hope at all of turning Red today or tomorrow morning? Dublin / Meath area.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Is there any hope at all of turning Red today or tomorrow morning? Dublin / Meath area.

No, there never was any chance of this happening from the get go.
    DOCARCH wrote: »
    No.

beat me to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Snowing heavily now near Oughterard in Galway. Decent sized flakes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Straight to Snow at Knock at 8am, none of that preceding sleet that was forecast in the TAF. Still -1c, I think this coupled with snow in Galway City shows we are a bit colder than expected.

• Advertisement

Snowing now near Oughterard. Decent sized flakes too.

Ah feck ya I'm only down the road and we've sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Raining and relatively mild in South Dublin, 3/4 degrees. Got a sniff of sleet on the M50, but it was gone shortly after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Snowing lightly outside Ballina mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Yes but that’s molls gap and it’s pretty dodgy at the moment apparently.

OK you know best; thought it was the other side would be bad... stay safe whatever! towards Killarney with the bends etc. would never drive past avoca in bad weather

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Freezing rain or soft hail falling in Dublin 16. 2.8c DP 0.7c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Wild red sky in the South East and clouds piling in from that direction towards Greystones.
    IMG_0698.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Light wet snow Oranmore: 1.3°C DP 0.1

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Moderate to heavy snow west roscommon. Sticking on all surfaces. If this keeps up we should get a right dumping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

seefin wrote: »
    No ice at all left in cork city so? Rain has surely melted anything left?

None that I can see other than a few snow balls that people made which are melting rapidly. Possibly a bit of snow lying in very sheltered gardens and so on.

The bigger issue in Cork this morning seems to be puddles and surface water.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Light snow falling , d17

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭dmcsweeney

Raining heavily when I left home (west of Macroom, 200m ASL), and all the way to Little Island. Still the odd spot of compacted snow hiding under the surface water on back roads. MTs forecast would seem to suggest snow later, hard to see this morning but could we get accumulations down here? Sorry for the will it snow in my back garden question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

With snow already falling around a good chunk of the county surely this bodes well for later , are we colder than expected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Long time lurker so reckon it was time to contribute. Horrible freezing rain falling in Tullamore. No sign of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not as bad as yday morning in east Galway thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

There was a mention of a possible upgrade to the weather warnings this morning on the Radio1 weather slot (presumably for later today/tonight). Looking at the forecast precipitation, I only see light amounts for most parts after 10pm tonight and practically none north of a line from Galway/Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Light snow in Dublin 6, kinda hard to notice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

D4 is wet but some black ice in spots. Careful out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Mooro wrote: »
    Long time lurker so reckon it was time to contribute. Horrible freezing rain falling in Tullamore. No sign of snow.

Ah my delightful county town. No difference weatherwise heading North East with final destination being Edenderry.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

Looks like the earlier commentary of there being a line from Galway to Dublin that signifies the front are accurate. North of the line is turning wintry (especially on the western side of the country).

As the front rotates during the day other areas are going to switch from rain to wintry showers I susepct. How far south it gets is still unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 floralfoxes

Snowing hard for the past hour and sticking.
    Temp -1
    Drummin, Westport

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Is it gone further north than expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭circadian

Black ice on paths in Santry. Noticed some hail around 6.30 this morning too but nothing too heavy. Watch your step folks!

Still snowing in Knock at 8:30 with a temperature of -1c and a dew point of -2c.

Elsewhere there is rain at Cork and Shannon, and temperatures around the country are 4c at Dublin Airport, 4c at Cork Airport, 3c in Shannon, 5c in Waterford, and interestingly down to 2c in Kerry and sleeting, was 3c a d rain at 8am. Could be turning wintry on the lower levels of nearby hills. Note Kerry has no sleet in its forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Raining in D15.

• Advertisement

With a hard freeze forecast tonight roads will be truly treacherous after all this precipitation. If snow sticks anywhere after rainfall the place will be like an ice rink.

Advertisement