Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Word from near Roundwood is snowing, but not sticking.
    One of our engineers said the same thing there to my colleague.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Raining again in Dublin 16. Highest temp of the day so far. 3.5c atm. DP 0.8c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

TTLF wrote: »
    Is it finally cold enough for it to snow at any lower-levels (about 100m elevation) ?? Or is it still too warm.

it's cold enough in many places already, sadly there is a severe lack of precipitation. Many places that are seeing light drizzle or sleet would probably see snow if the precipitation was decent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Whats causing this blank / dry spot ?

From the Angle of Attack it shouldn't be the Wicklow Mountains ?

471822.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

The most recent TAFs for each of Dublin, Shannon and Cork (all from 11am mind you) all have "rain,snow" in their forecast for later - though I think GL or JCX BXC explained before that this is just sleet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Hard cutting wind out on the seafront and the dew point on the Dun Laoghaire weather station has certainly dropped! :pac:

471823.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Whats causing this blank / dry spot ?

From the Angle of Attack it shouldn't be the Wicklow Mountains ?

471822.png

Heat of the smug from South Dublin :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Getting windy now in Dublin 16. Temp dropping and ppn intensifying. 3.2c DP 0.8c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Getting windy now in Dublin 16. Temp dropping and ppn intensifying. 3.2c DP 0.8c atm.

Is that a good sign for white gold? :D

How's it looking towards Three Rock DOCARCH? only caught a brief glimpse myself but it looked white below 200m now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ice grains mixed with the rain on my velux on Bray seafront area

dacogawa wrote: »
    How's it looking towards Three Rock DOCARCH? only caught a brief glimpse myself but it looked white below 200m now.

Good coating of snow at the top.

Thanks! think that'll be my trek tomorrow.

TTLF wrote: »
    Is that a good sign for white gold? :D

Yip. 3.0c DP 0.8c now.

VERY DARK now in Rathmines, stupid blinds are covering the windows, but it's definitely raining or something, wonder what it's like at home.

Yip. 3.0c DP 0.8c now.

I live in Dublin 14, since it's close by (im at the D14/16 border) I hope I see snow on my way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

heavy snow breaking out across Mayo again.:D

6912d3.png[/URL]

Sleet (i.e. flakes) and rain now in Dublin 16. 2.8c DP 0.7c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sleet in Kildare at 2.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Just back from a drive. Snowline in the Dublin mountains is about 280m ASL. Above that is getting pasted with heavy snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Sleet getting heavier in Dublin 15..Blanch/Castle knock so I would not be surprised if it started to snow once darkness hits...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Clondalkin DP has just nosedived from 0 to -2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Dry in Dublin 5....

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

Sunny in Cork city.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hasn't rained here at Dunshaughlin in over an hour. Just dark, cold and damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Raining all day in Ballyfermot. Might have seen a few flakes of sleet earlier but I’m not sure 🀷ðŸ»*♀️ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Skating rink up there for those without winter tyres. Kilikee Road.

2j5anx3.jpg

xd6ur7.jpg

wk4duo.jpg

xgmauf.jpg

rqyxzl.jpg

3348awk.jpg

6pnhg2.jpg

2rp9tux.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Ok rain has changed to a sleety mixture and wind is coming from a NE direction in Firhouse Dublin 24......
    Really hoping we're on the right side of marginal for snow as we're about 150m ASL.....
    COME ON DA SNOW! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Don't know the actual temperature here at the moment but there is more of a chill out there now from earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Still next to nothing teaching the ground here in D9 despite the radar returns. Occasional bouts of drizzle.

EDIT: no sooner did I hit post than the heaviest stuff of the day start falling. Sleetyish.

Advertisement