Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Don't know the actual temperature here at the moment but there is more of a chill out there now from earlier.

I think wind has gone more NE now and dragging in cooler air.

2.5c DP 0.7c now in Dublin 16, but, ppn has stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Hail and sleet now in Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Dry in Dublin 5....

It's as if the precipitation is trying to avoid us... this morning the ground in Dublin 5 was dry but it was very wet in Dublin 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Looking out the window in D2 and there's some very light sleet falling. It's a really fine drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

I think it will be rained out by the time it makes its way south again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Have a feeling that some of that moisture out at sea will be heading back in towards us.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

dacogawa wrote: »
    Have a feeling that some of that moisture out at sea will be heading back in towards us.

Which would produce streamers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Wet, cold and miserable here in Limerick City, currently 5c and raining, can't see much in the line of snow here. Possibly east Limerick at higher elevations could get some accumulations

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just had a moderate hail shower near Dublin airport - but more ice pellet style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Dublin 14 here with a direct view of Three Rock usually but it's completely obscured now. When it was visible it was covered in snow, but can't tell what's falling up there now

• Advertisement

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Which would produce streamers ?

No, streamers are a lake effect where as this is moisture that is already out there and the wind direction is changing. Hopefully we get this first and streamers later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've to drive to the south west from Dublin tonight. Rain is fine. Dry Is fine. Snow is unwelcome and unwanted.
    Down with that sort of thing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The Americans must be laughing at us!

6C and sunny in Cork city, I just keep thinking of all that wasted precipitation this morning :(

I've to drive to the south west from Dublin tonight. Rain is fine. Dry Is fine. Snow is unwelcome and unwanted.

Wrong forum! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Why are u on this tread so?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Skating rink up there for those without winter tyres. Kilikee Road.

Reminds me of the time I drove the Conor Pass when it was closed because a car went past the signs ahead of me! Iced up it was and I knew my family would kill me if they knew,,, if the ice did not do it for them ;)

No regrets .. sheer white beauty.. but even now writing about it my stomach clenches.. YOU know! Crawled along praying aloud.. from the Dingle end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

davidsr20 wrote: »

You realise this isn't a snow appreciation thread right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Sounds like he is a bit of a snowflake lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Winds have gone Easterly here in Waterford City and the rain has returned. Still very breezy. Wind Chill is 0.0c Temp is 4.1c

www.waterfordweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Not everyone likes snow so he has a opinion about it.
    Anyway, going into meltdown over a cm or so of snow is comical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Getting very dark here now... no hopes of snow .. y;day was lovely with the sun on the snowy mountains..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Snowing now.

Edit: back to sleet. Right on the edge here near Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Snowing now.

As soon as I moaned it started raining. I saw a flake of snow too! I guess moaning does work...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    The Americans must be laughing at us!

6C and sunny in Cork city, I just keep thinking of all that wasted precipitation this morning :(

Yeah, when i seen a picture last night on here from someones garden that had about 2 cm's of snow and they said it was impassable or something like that, i nearly died laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Still just horrible in Tullamore. Hasn't stopped raining all day. Not a snowflake to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

200 pages, and most of us have had a wet icy day and not much else this week. Time to look ahead and see if there is one last fling for winter in the next two weeks otherwise, I'm calling it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Not everyone likes snow so he has a opinion about it.
    Anyway, going into meltdown over a cm or so of snow is comical.

I've been hitting the ignore button a lot lately. Works a charm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

You realise this isn't a snow appreciation thread right?

Fighting words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Rain seems to have taken some of temps down.

Such a marginal event, a slight change in any of the variables and you get fluffy snow or cold rain.

It's why Ireland has a love hate relationship with snow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Raining hard all day in east Limerick, if it freezes tonight were fcked

Advertisement