Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

not a thing in north kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Temperatures starting to fall with pace, 1.9c in South Laois

Was in Tallaght today, the Wicklow mtns certainly casting a shadow over the M7. Sleet stopped right on the Laois-Kildare border. Rain in Tallaght until 4pm and as I was leaving a moderate fall of sleet and graupel mixed that started to settle until it stopped. Again, most of the M7 through Kildare was noted for it's absence of precipitation, especially through the road widening zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Which radar is best for watching for possibility of snow in Limerick. Small lady is driving me crazy asking will we get some. Thanks a mill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jojo37

Nothing but rain all day in Mallow. Very disappointing 🙠lashing for the past hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

First time all day there has been sleet/wet snow mixed in with the rain here in Wexford town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Speak Now wrote: »
    Its amazing how people rely of Facebook/Twitter for pretty much everything. People will believe total strangers cause it's on the internet :)

Well said. It drives me around the bend, this "it was on the internet/facebook so therefore true".

I live in a rural area where facebook would be the limit of many locals' internet interactions. When I go for a pint I spend so much of the time trying to point out the ridiculousness of people saying in August it's going to be a very bad winter or in January saying it's going to be a scorcher of a summer.

Each time the reply is "But it was on facebook"..😖

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Weather type on - then you can see where it is snowing.

Current temperature is 0.9C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭arctictree

0.0c in Roundwood and moderate snow shower. Starting to accumulate nicely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Here’s Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Yes snowing heavy now glencullen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Where's the snow line for the Wicklow/Dublin mountains at now? since it is colder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Good forecast by Gerry there for south Leinster and the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

TTLF wrote: »
    Where's the snow line for the Wicklow/Dublin mountains at now? since it is colder.

Not sure but I am getting snow showers up here in Ticknock, not sticking yet though mind ........

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy sleet now in Waterford City, Temp 3.2c and dropping fast

www.waterfordweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Snowing here in west wexford ( blackstairs mountain)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Temp staying at 2 degrees for carlow the past while, low clouds and rain absolutely miserable out. Thought we might have seen at least sleet here today given the radars. Still time maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

barney 20v wrote: »
    Snowing here in west wexford ( blackstairs mountain)

Drop some down to ferns there nothing but fecking rain here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭odonopenmic

Snow coming down solidly since sundown after a sleety afternoon where the earlier snow never quite melted.

Lost water due to frozen pipe so scraping snow off the car to use for the cisterns. If this makes sense it's sticking on the car at a rate of about 0.5cm every 15 minutes.

312m asl Roundwood

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

dacogawa wrote: »
    Good forecast by Gerry there for south Leinster and the south.

I can’t see this front giving much snow heading south but who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

A little over 200m I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭arctictree

Was 300m earlier, probably about 200 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

1.5c SE Tipp,150m asl,light drizzle

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Temp dropping in Dublin 16. 1.5c DP 0.5c atm. Still rain/sleet.

Edit: 1.4c DP 0.4c

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Temp dropping in Dublin 16. 1.5c DP 0.5c atm. Still rain/sleet.

How come my station thinks its 3C? I mean I'm really not far from you, are you more elevated?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Croohur

arctictree wrote: »
    Was 300m earlier, probably about 200 now.

I am above Aughrim in South Wicklow at 100 metres above sea level. Been snowing here for an hour. Starting to stick now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Heavy sleet now in Waterford City, Temp 3.2c and dropping fast

www.waterfordweather.com

Lashing hail now as well. 19mm today so far, Comeragh mountains must be getting a right snowfall this evening. How low will we go? I think we'll stall around 2c, just shy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

How come my station thinks its 3C? I mean I'm really not far from you, are you more elevated?

I can't answer that! Location of sensor? Type of sensor? Accuracy of sensor?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I can't answer that! Location of sensor? Type of sensor? Accuracy of sensor?

Ah it's just a Simple Conrad station. in my back garden on the fence.
    this is its specs:

Sensor power supply AA battery (2x), included
    Station power supply AA battery (2x), please order separately , Optional , PSU
    Signal type 868 MHz wireless
    Forecasts for 12 to 24 hours
    Category Wireless digital weather station

• Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Turning to snow here near Dublin airport but still the very wet variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pauldry

that front would need to be an awful lot further south to get the bitter cold. i reckon 2 to minus 2c tonight.

Advertisement