Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir completely ignoring me

• 26-01-2019 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've already tried every avenue open to me except boards so suppose its worth yet another futile effort..

I signed up for eir broadband over 3 months ago and have had an absolutely awful experience ever since. I was scheduled to have it installed in late October, its now late January and I still have no definite date and haven't had a single official correspondence from eir since the 1st of November. The full story is too long and infuriating to bother typing out but basically I fulfilled my side of the deal, paid a small fortune to get a cable to my house and since then..absolutely nothing.

After several time consuming mixups and several hours listening to your 'on hold' music Eir came to install it in November only to find one of your engineers wired up the distribution box wrong, the engineer said he's get someone on it right away and well.. that was 10 weeks ago. I've made countless phone calls (usually involving 30-60 minutes on hold), been told managers would call me back, been told that they'd organise a repair etc. etc. etc. yet nothing ever happens.

I eventually called comreg who advised me that I needed a complaint number so I registered an official complaint with eir. They were to get back to me with a complaint number within 48 hours but needless to say they didn't bother so I escalated. Again they didn't bother acknowledging the escalation so I called and insisted I'd wait for the manager (who seems to be permanently 'away'). 

Eventually got assigned a case officer who promised to get back to me within 48 hours - surprise, surprise I never got a call back. Chased it up and he promised to sort things out with priority and would bring my case to the front of the queue. Waited yet another week, nothing!, emailed for an update and was basically told 'I still have no update, it'll probably be fixed in March'.

To make things even worse, as part of the contract I got a discount on my mobile bill €18 reduced to €10 but because I haven't got the full package yet I now have to pay the full price indefinitely!

That's only half the story (I've left out several equally infuriating events) but you get the idea...

The guy handling my case said they'd deposit €100 in my account as compensation but considering I'm paying €130 for the privilege of this whole mess €100 is scant consolation.

I know its probably a waste of time asking for help here but just felt like a bit of a rant!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

I've already tried every avenue open to me except boards so suppose its worth yet another futile effort..

I signed up for eir broadband over 3 months ago and have had an absolutely awful experience ever since. I was scheduled to have it installed in late October, its now late January and I still have no definite date and haven't had a single official correspondence from eir since the 1st of November. The full story is too long and infuriating to bother typing out but basically I fulfilled my side of the deal, paid a small fortune to get a cable to my house and since then..absolutely nothing.

After several time consuming mixups and several hours listening to your 'on hold' music Eir came to install it in November only to find one of your engineers wired up the distribution box wrong, the engineer said he's get someone on it right away and well.. that was 10 weeks ago. I've made countless phone calls (usually involving 30-60 minutes on hold), been told managers would call me back, been told that they'd organise a repair etc. etc. etc. yet nothing ever happens.

I eventually called comreg who advised me that I needed a complaint number so I registered an official complaint with eir. They were to get back to me with a complaint number within 48 hours but needless to say they didn't bother so I escalated. Again they didn't bother acknowledging the escalation so I called and insisted I'd wait for the manager (who seems to be permanently 'away'). 

Eventually got assigned a case officer who promised to get back to me within 48 hours - surprise, surprise I never got a call back. Chased it up and he promised to sort things out with priority and would bring my case to the front of the queue. Waited yet another week, nothing!, emailed for an update and was basically told 'I still have no update, it'll probably be fixed in March'.

To make things even worse, as part of the contract I got a discount on my mobile bill €18 reduced to €10 but because I haven't got the full package yet I now have to pay the full price indefinitely!

That's only half the story (I've left out several equally infuriating events) but you get the idea...

The guy handling my case said they'd deposit €100 in my account as compensation but considering I'm paying €130 for the privilege of this whole mess €100 is scant consolation.

I know its probably a waste of time asking for help here but just felt like a bit of a rant!
    Hi throwaway1989, 

Sincere apologies that you have not had this resolved. 

Could you PM the following details and I will follow this up for you. 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. DOB
    4. Account Number
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

As soon as I get this information I will check for an update from the agent that is dealing with your complaint. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

I spend nearly 5 months trying to get Fibre internet in to my house, I tried everything, Phoning them, writing to them, calling them every day, contacting them on Boards, on Twitter etc............. 
    I was then told by a neighbour to go in to an Eir store which I never thought of doing. They are absolutely brilliant and I had internet installed in my house 3 days later. 
    Unfortunately I think in store is the only way to get anywhere with Eir at the minute. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Be sure to post an update here IF you get sorted

Advertisement