Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping in estate

Options
  • 26-01-2019 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I’m not sure if there’s a better thread that I could be posting this but I’ve just put a holding deposit on a house where the estate will have parking permits, text in for guests and clamping for those who shouldn’t be parking in the estate. We’re right next to a busy train station and I believe this was done to avoid those who park and ride, and who might take up residents parking. There’s not much ( if any ) visitor parking and every house has the availability of 2 permits for 2 cars.

Any advise on whether this will cause trouble in the future. I’m afraid of what will happen when guests are over - has anyone any experince of this? And I would also love to know how much people pay for a yearly permit in a housing estate and if the fees have increased from year to year?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Split to new thread from 3 year old thread that pre-dates current legislation

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

They’ve just brought this system in a development where I own a property that has tenants in it. Coincidentally right next to a train station so I wonder if we are talking about the same place.
    It’s very early days but the tenants haven’t raised any objections. We have two permits for a two bed duplex & the regs are registered with the parking company. Visitors can text their details for 24 hours parking and there will be a 60cent charge associated with it in the future. No charge to the owners for the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SMPM

Thanks for the reply !

Great to hear that there has been no issues so far. Would you mind me asking how much it’s costing per permit ? Just to make sure we’re not paying anything extortionate when it comes to it !

Also I don’t think it could be the same estate unfort as nobody has moved in to the estate yet as it’s a new build.

April 73 wrote: »
    They’ve just brought this system in a development where I own a property that has tenants in it. Coincidentally right next to a train station so I wonder if we are talking about the same place.
    It’s very early days but the tenants haven’t raised any objections. We have two permits for a two bed duplex & the regs are registered with the parking company. Visitors can text their details for 24 hours parking and there will be a 60cent charge associated with it in the future. No charge to the owners for the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

No, not the same place then. There is currently no charge for the residents permits. Visitors will incur a 60 cent charge which will cover the cost of the service.
    Only fully paid up members of the management company or those complying with a payment plan will be eligible for permits. I see this as a good thing as it will spur more people not currently paying the management company their fee to pay up. Plus residents will have better access to parking if it removes people parking there to get the nearby train.
    The system is only rolling out this week. I’ll update if there are any issues that come to light.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SMPM

Thanks for all the above info. I'd love to hear your feedback after in been in place for some time. Thanks again !

• Advertisement
Advertisement