Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keanu Reeves

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

He's a dreadful actor.

But seems like a nice bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Woo lets hold our horses here now im hearing this story from above post
    "My younger sister had leukemia. Today she is cured, and I donated 70% of my gains from the movie Matrix to Hospitals that treat leukemia"

Which story is True

Story A:

70% Matrix Gains to leukemia research

Story B:
    $75 Million to the Production staff of Matrix

Is someone telling porkie pies?

He has a charitable foundation that gives money to hospitals specifically for cancer research. I think his sister had leukaemia. The man is a legend. I know people say it is easy to donate money when your rich but he also sits and talks to homeless people when there is no cameras around. Sometimes showing a person that you are worth their time is worth a lot more than a few quid.

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.indy100.com/article/keanu-reeves-charity-secret-private-foundation-children-hospital-cancer-research-8692326%3famp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He's far far from a top top actor but having said that. John Wick is second only to the raid as a action film while films that are in my opinion are well above average or excellent for their time like the Matrix, Point Break, Speed, Devils Advocate and Bill & Ted surely he's doing something right.

Fact that by all accounts a decent guy most likely does paper over his somewhat wooden performances/scenes in even his best films.

My point being it's easy to dismiss him as a bad actor but he has made some excellent films and I guess Not every part needs to be played by Daniel Day Lewis.

For me personally i thinks its telling that second only to infinity war Of all the films in 2019 I'm looking forward to John Wick 3 the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't think he ever expected to have a lead role, but he did.

There are many actors who are extremely fit and can do all the martial arts thing in background roles but he is one that came to prominence.

Tom Cruise is the only other top actor that I know of that does his own stunts. He's a better actor though.

Fair play to him though. He did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Has anyone seen the movie he directed? It's called Man of Tai Chi. He played the ultimate villain, and Tiger Chen the lead. The plot is very simple, basically an excuse to string together some fight scenes, but what fights! They're lovingly coreographed, carefully photographed with wide and steady shots. Utterly unlike most modern Hollywood action, and a real pleasure to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

He's at it again. By It I mean being an all round nice bloke.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/2019/03/27/keanu-reeves-plane-delay-california/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Street Kings??

I enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Seriously though, has anyone seen that new Sci-Fi film he's in where he brings his family back from the dead and tries to continue on life as normal. It was too weird.

ETA: Its called Replicas. Awful tripe.
    Just watched this. It is so, so bad, but in the entertaining way. It's amazing. Nothing makes sense. It was great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I dont think Keanu is a bad actor, he is just a bit of a one trick pony as an actor.

He outshines most of the rest of Hollywood when it comes to stoic, beautifully choreographed fight scenes where he is vampirically handsome and effortlessly cool.

The John Wick franchise really tapped into it and dress him like a model while keeping his dialogue limited. Its what he does best, looks good, moves well, say little.

Ive enjoyed most stuff Ive seen him in and while I agree he has made the odd clanger, plenty of otherwise good actors have too.

I think Keanu appeals to people in his ordinariness in real life. I remember seeing some pics of him at some red carpet event with pics of him 10 years later and he was still wearing the same old suede boots. He's just a regular guy who doesnt seem to need the trappings of Hollywood. Very refreshing, especially in this modern age of idiots like the Kardashians who do their utmost to be more famous, MORE attention seeking, MORE LIKES!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

pah wrote: »
    Street Kings??

I enjoyed it

That's definitely one of the worst movies I've seen in a cinema.

Advertisement