Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Maybe look after OP with one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

dan786 wrote: »
    Have a few other due in a different store tomorrow also. So 2 out of 2 so far. Few more to go.

Fair play man, I might chance my arm when I get the text tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Mine isn't due in until Thursday. No call about cancellation.
    I tried entering the code yesterday but it said they couldn't find a reservation with that code.
    Not sure if it's cancelled or if that's standard before a reservation arrives in store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

markad1 wrote: »
    Maybe look after OP with one

I'm sure the OP can make an offer of 1300 to secure the bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Wow it’s back to 1800 now, we’ll done anybody who got one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If the OP didn't get one, I have one reserved for tomorrow and no real need for it so he can have mine at 799 if they give it to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    I'm sure the OP can make an offer of 1300 to secure the bid.

Why ?? making a profit of €400-500 when he sells one isn’t enough & he wouldn’t have got either without OP original post
    It would be a fairly decent gesture to give OP the option esp that he’s now said he has more reservations due over next day or 2

shardylan wrote: »
    Why ?? making a profit of €400-500 when he sells one isn’t enough & he wouldn’t have got either without OP original post
    It would be a fairly decent gesture to give OP the option esp that he’s now said he has more reservations due over next day or 2

We live in the real world and that still a bargain.

Kimbot wrote: »
    If the OP didn't get one, I have one reserved for tomorrow and no real need for it so he can have mine at 799 if they give it to me :)

You wouldn't get one i can tell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anything is possible in my local Argos ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That's the spirit! :P

Kimbot wrote: »
    Anything is possible in my local Argos ;)

Look i hope that you will but know that you wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭baldshin

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    No Luck in Limerick Childers Road.

No luck as in you had a code and they refused the reduced price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can someone clarify the following, I reserved one but just got the email notification that it would be in stock on such a day, are people now getting reserved codes when stock is available and some successfully purchasing at reduced price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Dan has done this before on many different BAs.

Think I'm banned from his adverts for pointing it out previously.

Fairly certain it's the same fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

baldshin wrote:
    No luck as in you had a code and they refused the reduced price?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Yep

Same in tallaght.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

august12 wrote: »
    Can someone clarify the following, I reserved one but just got the email notification that it would be in stock on such a day, are people now getting reserved codes when stock is available and some successfully purchasing at reduced price.

It appears that the earlier reservations were the higher a chance someone had of it following through.

In my case I reserved at 8am (ish) on the day of the OP, and got a reservation code informing me that it would be available to collect tomorrow.

Then got the follow up text to go collect.

Others have reported being telephoned by Argos staff and told that their order was cancelled or available at the 1799 price if they still wanted it.

In my case , they (Argos staff) could obviously see that I had reserved at the lower price, and that they had sent me texts confirming same, including one that said my item was ready to collect.

I'd 110% still be going in to Argos if you were lucky enough to get the reservation code at the discounted price, and have received texts that your order is ready to collect.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Reading the thread it seems anyone who has actually pushed back in the store seems to have got one. Did anyone who got refused try pointing out to them that other people have had the reservation honoured and still got refused?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Reading the thread it seems anyone who has actually pushed back in the store seems to have got one. Did anyone who got refused try pointing out to them that other people have had the reservation honoured and still got refused?

If you got a code, you were likely to get it. The very early birds managed to secure units that were actually in stock so they always had the best chance. The next batch could reserve to collect, got a text message to go and collect. (Dan and co). They did really well.
    The rest of us just got an email with the store opening hours, stating that they will "send you a code if you requested" - we were the 3rd group and got no codes or texts to collect.

Anyone in the latter group, in the interest of self preservation, would be advised not to hold their breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did anyone who got refused try pointing out to them that other people have had the reservation honoured and still got refused?

Yes in tallaght this evening.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sono

RossieMan wrote: »

Why would you bother? Fairly sad if this is indeed true

Sir Dosser wrote: »

I'd be going back in the morning if I were you.

Show them some receipts from this thread as proof others have had theirs honoured. Stay calm, be polite, you never know.

Could be wrong. Hard to check as the thread we had discussions in got wiped due to us taking it off topic. He has the exact same posting style so it wouldn't surprise me to be the same fella. It was in the Xbox Currys deal just before black Friday. He wouldn't even sell them for a 50 euro profit, wasn't the full bang for buck.

Should have been banned from BA back then.They have every right to refuse you, whether other stores accepted or not. You know the price before you buy. You've literally no legal standing for having this honoured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

Lol fun fact I never had a account on Adverts. Only use Donedeal and Ebay. But might do tomorrow to list my Macbooks.

I have shared alot of deal on here myself.

And I am sorry that you missed out.

• Advertisement

Could be wrong. Hard to check as the thread we had discussions in got wiped due to us taking it off topic. He has the exact same posting style so it wouldn't surprise me to be the same fella. It was in the Xbox Currys deal just before black Friday. He wouldn't even sell them for a 50 euro profit, wasn't the full bang for buck.

Should have been banned from BA back then.They have every right to refuse you, whether other stores accepted or not. You know the price before you buy. You've literally no legal standing for having this honoured.

I missed out that Xbox deal sadly. So you are mistaken. Must be someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Lol fun fact I never had a account on Adverts. Only use Donedeal and Ebay. But might do tomorrow to list my Macbooks.

I have shared alot of deal on here myself.

And I am sorry that you missed out.

you should still help the OP out as a thank you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I have one for tallaght. Did you go to the machine? Did it show €700?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

What did you / they have ? A res number or just a screen shot of the "orderable" date on the Argos screen when the order was attempted ?

you should still help the OP out as a thank you!!

I seen the deal before it was posted. I always check the scanner site when new catalogue comes out. They had a similar error with an Macbook Air few years back.

Also had another price error today as well.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote:
    I missed out that Xbox deal sadly. So you are mistaken. Must be someone else.

Case of mistaken identity then I guess. My bad for that.

I personally wouldn't rub in the faces of others that I'm selling these on at a profit, or that you've reserved multiple in different stores which means people who want the BA can't get it. Not really in the spirit of the community here.

I have one for tallaght. Did you go to the machine? Did it show €700?

Was refused in Tallaght yesterday and know someone else who was also.

Case of mistaken identity then I guess. My bad for that.

I personally wouldn't rub in the faces of others that I'm selling these on at a profit, or that you've reserved multiple in different stores which means people who want the BA can't get it. Not really in the spirit of the community here.

Yes I wouldnt but this is different. I am not rubbing it in, I am just stating my experience as it helped others get it also.

I didnt expect them to honour it, I didnt have to fight etc. Most people didnt bother going in as price went up. I did tried my luck and got it.

Ofcourse I reserved more than one like alot of others as it was for order only so all stores had different dates. Two stores refused yesterday and 2 gave it to me today makes it the right decision to reserve at more than one store

Little off topic but is this the same laptop? Not as cheap as the original pricing error but still a little cheaper

https://pricespy.ie/computers-accessories/computers/laptops/apple-macbook-pro-2.5ghz-dc-8gb-256gb-13--p4646350

I seen the deal before it was posted. I always check the scanner site when new catalogue comes out. They had a similar error with an Macbook Air few years back.

Also had another price error today as well.

And didn't post it here wha :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭Dec4

Fair play to Argos and credit due to them for taking the obvious financial hit. It would appear that those who reserved early were accommodated. They were under no obligation to honour this obvious mistake.
    Must have cost them a packet...

And didn't post it here wha :eek:

Was going to but it was posted by someone else in the mobiles section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

dan786 wrote:

Can you explain the scanner site please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

august12 wrote: »
    Can you explain the scanner site please?
    www.pricescanner.ie/argos/

Hey OP- thanks for the BA and very sorry you didn't get one. I reserved around the time of posting but while I got an email, it told me they were out of stock and no text code so looks like it was the luck of the draw which venue you chose and when you actually got to the shop to collect.

If it means anything, while it would have been tempting, I've a lot of demands on me for 800 euro and most of my PC/MAC needs are met right now so I would have got it for you after all this- but unfortunately didn't have a chance but well done for sharing- it will surely be one of the "bargains of the year" at the end of 2019.

Plenty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Now we know why Dan buys in Argos 10 times a week :D

Effects wrote: »
    It's not a PC, it's a Mac.

Sorry mods, but i have to post the following.

So "Effects"- a MAC is a computer. And when you buy it, it's yours- so it's personal. So it's a fcking PC- so get over yourself with your grammar naziism.

*posted using a MAC*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sorry mods, but i have to post the following.

So "Effects"- a MAC is a computer. And when you buy it, it's yours- so it's personal. So it's a fcking PC- so get over yourself with your grammar naziism.

*posted using a MAC*

You can run both windows and osx on it.
    And other OS if you like. :)

Boot camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It’s a laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Seve OB wrote: »
    It’s a laptop.

Is it a Mac laptop or PC laptop. :D

Obviously I didn't get one, but still waiting to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Dec4 wrote:
    Fair play to Argos and credit due to them for taking the obvious financial hit. It would appear that those who reserved early were accommodated. They were under no obligation to honour this obvious mistake. Must have cost them a packet...

Hardly, with their daily sales and margins across their stores they wouldn't have noticed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think we have reached a suitable closing point.

Till the next time..... Closed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement