Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been doing really badly in school lately

Options
  • 26-01-2019 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

We had a few class tests

Chemistry - 69%
    Irish - 64%
    Physics - 97%
    Maths - 62%
    English - 74%

All HL.

I think I've been taking it too easy as of late and need to go back to hard work. I think after Christmas I just lost steam and I've been taking it easy or something, I'm not sure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

drop the Irish, its a dead duck subject. Its good for nothing in the real world and not fitting your leaving cert profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Class tests honestly mean nothing in the grand scheme. Especially if you yourself know that you’re just not at your best. From seeing how often you post and all the queries and questions you have in fifth year, I would say make sure you have enough relaxation time for yourself. Otherwise you’ll burn out, like what is apparently happening currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rayray2002

First of all you are not scoring bad in your tests and they are the results of an average person . You are doing better than me in subjects and I also am doing H.l in everything except maths in 5th year . You just need to concentrate on the topics that you find that are your weaknesses Irish is an obvious one . I would suggest that you study but most nights so you will enable yourself to remember and recall info for your class tests ,resulting in good grades hopefully. Give yourself time to relax and don't feel bad if your test result doesn't end up being what you wanted it to be.
    Finally I know that 5th year is important but you will have time to revise all you learned from 5th year in 6th year so it is not the end of the world if you fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

so main question.

If you got these results in the LC, would it give you the required points for the college course you want?

Dont stress out now on exam results. you have 4 months to go. as you get closer to the exams you'll find you naturally focus better and study more.

one main piece of advise

keep doing previous exam papers and look at your answer vs sample answers. Give it to your teacher to critique for you. Any half decent teacher will be willing to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

daheff wrote: »
    Dont stress out now on exam results. you have 4 months to go ...
    16 months I think ....

Someone tends to over-stress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

97% in Physics is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 magister71

Go and talk to a teacher in your school who can give you some advice. Don't lose out hope, there is still time to change things, but go and talk to a teacher who can help.

Advertisement