Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meadow Park, Westport rd, Castlebar

• 26-01-2019 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice or info anyone may have on Meadow Park on the Westport rd.? Am thinking of relocating to that estate. It looks pretty quiet and tidy. Does anyone know what it's like..? Any issues there..Good choice or not..? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭HBC08

I know a few people there and have visited a good bit. It seems to be a nice family friendly estate but the estate next door has a bit of a rough element. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,360 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

HBC08 wrote: »
    I know a few people there and have visited a good bit. It seems to be a nice family friendly estate but the estate next door has a bit of a rough element. .

Manor Village? I was very surprised by just how run down / rough some areas of it looked. Hadn't been there until a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Myself and my girlfriend moved into a rented house in Manor Village in November. It's next door to Meadow park. Our back garden faces onto Meadow park. We are both blow ins to to the town so don't know it very well yet. We are at the front of the estate close to the main road. Haven't noticed anything bad about the place so far. There is a lot of traffic on Westport road though. And lots of different bin companys in Castlebar. They like to make a lot of noise early in the mornings a few days a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

recyclebin wrote:
    Myself and my girlfriend moved into a rented house in Manor Village in November. It's next door to Meadow park. Our back garden faces onto Meadow park. We are both blow ins to to the town so don't know it very well yet. We are at the front of the estate close to the main road. Haven't noticed anything bad about the place so far. There is a lot of traffic on Westport road though. And lots of different bin companys in Castlebar. They like to make a lot of noise early in the mornings a few days a week!

User name checks out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

User name checks out
    My username was inspired by the desktop icon. I could have used mydocuments or mycomputer instead :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

HBC08 wrote: »

thats news to me and i live in it. never had any bother.

Meadow park is fine as far as i am aware.Can be issues issue right in rush hour can be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭AllForIt

My sister bought a house there last year. She's about one block in from the main road. For work she has to drive around Castlebar estates to pick up kids for school, so she knows all the estates more than most, the good one's and the one's to avoid.

This knowledge she has gained came in very handy in choosing an area that was good and also within her budget. She was quite concerned about choosing the right area as she is well aware that an estate can look okay but have pockets in them that are lets say 'undesirable'. She's very happy with the choice she made. I've been up there a handful of times and I didn't see anything that would put me off it, so I'd say go for it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Manor is bang on, most people, IrishGeo aside :D, are a1, know plenty of couples with kids there. Handy for town and handy as your on the outside of town also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Thanks for all of your replies, very helpful to know this info. Estates over there seem grand alright, any time I've driven into them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote: »
    Manor is bang on, most people, IrishGeo aside :D, are a1, know plenty of couples with kids there. Handy for town and handy as your on the outside of town also.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,360 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

yop wrote: »

Same here but there are definitely one or two areas of it that look rough. Mainly down the back of the estate. Boarded up windows etc... unless I imagined it all.

Advertisement