Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angular, React or Vue for Dublin

Options
  • 26-01-2019 5:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking to pick up a Javascript framework, but I'm struggling to pick one. Which of Angular, React, Vue has the most demand at the moment, and which looks like it has the best future going forward?

I'm currently a Laravel developer (I know Vue goes hand in hand here), but I'm studying dotnet core at the moment, and want to switch my stack to that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'd say React is the best bet at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

React.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Learn both Angular and React. Don't see as many mentions of Vue in job specs.

For angular be sure to learn Angular 7, not the older "AngularJS", and pick up Typescript (easy enough to learn in a weekend).

Lots of tutorials online and Udemy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Theres pros and cons for all of them. In terms of growing in industry I'd suggest React as it allows you to freely write code.

What I mean by that is that React isn't a framework, it's a library to help you writing JS, you can choose what way to manage everything else e.g. state, api calls, routing and such. It's also quite nice to use react due to their graceful deprecation e.g. if feature A is going to be removed I think you have about 2 release versions to remove it if you want to update.

Angular on the other hand is a full framework, lot heavier on file sizes and such, it's good if you want to learn it but it provides a http packages, a state management package, you can use something like redux but angulars already got its own version tied into the main framework. I was an angular developer for years but now honestly i'd like to get as far away from it as possible. They introduce breaking changes with most releases so unlike react theres no deprecation period its just bump, n , boom broken.

VueJS, is small enough over these parts of the world, but it is quite a powerful library, my current company is using VueJS as far as I know we're one of the only companies with an application this size, and we're fairly pushing its boundaries with architecture and such. It's good that its only a view library, it took the V from the MVC pattern, some nice things go hand in hand such as vuex, vue-router, some nice component libraries out there for it, it's quite fast when done right.

You can also write any of these in Typescript, tis just a wrapper around JS really so if you want to use TS use TS.

Hope that helps.

If you wanna know more about vue, pm me.

Advertisement